PDA

View Full Version : Image Burn

scrappy
12-29-2005, 08:13 PM
Wich tvs are prone to it? I know that plasmas are prone to it and LCDs arent. What about the Dlp technology? What about regular flat screen tv? My son has a little 20 in rca flat screen tv. It started to get these weird colors when playing the ps2. If you turn it off of the ps2 it goes away after a few minutes. I had it on the sirius satelite chanells on my dish and it also started to get weird colors. I imagine this is image burn. It seems fine when watching movies or tv shows. As long as something doesnt stay fixed in the left hand side of the screen. Are all flat screen tvs prone to it then? I was thinking of getting a cheap flat screen and trading him my regular tv because it seems okay for that and in my room I wont be gaming. Thanks for the help

revrider1
12-29-2005, 08:15 PM
I know that plasmas are prone to it, LCD arent. What about Dlp technology? What about regular flat screen tv? My son has a little 20 in rca flat screen tv. It started to get these weird colors when playing the ps2. If you turn it off of the ps2 it goes away after a few minutes. I had it on the sirius satelite chanells on my dish and it also started to get weird colors. I imagine this is image burn. It seems fine when watching movies or tv shows. As long as something doesnt stay fixed in the left hand side of the screen. Are all flat screen tvs prone to it then? I was thinking of getting a cheap flat screen and trading him my regular tv because it seems okay for that and in my room I wont be gaming. Thanks for the helpI dont know if this is true, but I heard that game systems will mess these TV's up within time:eyebrow: .

j3bus2k3
12-29-2005, 08:40 PM
The ONLY time i've seen it is at a bowling alley....next time your there, look for a set thats off and you'll still see the lines that outline the frames and whatnot.

scrappy
12-29-2005, 11:04 PM
What is weird is the tv seems to do it from a wrsestling game that doesnt always have that image present but it does have it frequently. So if I was to get a new tv I shouldnt get a flat screen? LCD and such is a little out of the budget currently. Is there a way to fix the burn? The tv is a little under one year old but doesnt cover burn as warranty. It just started happening. So some flat screens are more prone to it than others? Any way to find out?

iamamp3pimp
12-30-2005, 12:43 AM
Correct - CRT is prone to it, but not so much anymore.

Plasma is highly prone to it. the thing about the video games that mess it up are the images on the screen that dont move, like the health bar n things like that.

LCD is prone to it, but you would have to leave the same image on for about 2 weeks i think thats what they told me...

dlp is not prone to it at all,

projection is prone to it,

pico
12-30-2005, 01:02 AM
i have a double dragon stand up game and the credits count is burned into the game

imaspaceguy90
12-30-2005, 01:06 AM
I never had aTV with any burn image

scrappy
12-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Well mine is not a burned image really it is a color burn. There is no direct image just a blurr of color. I just figured that the flatness had something to do with it. Probally going to look at new tvs tommorw

93 saturn sl2
12-31-2005, 07:45 PM
The ONLY time i've seen it is at a bowling alley....next time your there, look for a set thats off and you'll still see the lines that outline the frames and whatnot.

I've noticed that also. And I also heard about video games doing that, I know that my friend who has a big screen projection tv said that it isnt good for those.

scrappy
01-04-2006, 12:27 AM
I can take a picture probaly tomorrow. I went and looked at new tvs almost bought an lcd. $1700 for 32 in was a bit much for me currently. They said there is a new technology for plasmas called shifting pixel technology. Supposedly the pixel moves four times in ten seconds but you cant tell it moved. Anybody heard about this before? I thought about one of those too. Still to much money around 1800 or more. I got a regular sony flat screen 32 in for $500.