PDA

View Full Version : Installs in dash

Fate710
12-28-2005, 11:56 PM
Would it be wise to take the coaxs I got now or find some small 3 or 4 inch speakers and install them in my dash for some more dedicated highs? They would be run off the HU. The doors are getting comps and the rear panels coaxs.

I'm wanting to get the most out of my front stage because the 15" Death Penalty i'm bout to order is gona put a hurting on hearing anything in the front.

squeak9798
12-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Would it be wise to take the coaxs I got now or find some small 3 or 4 inch speakers and install them in my dash for some more dedicated highs?

No. It would sound horrible if you had co-axials in front with the component set, and getting powered by the HU.

Comps in front and only the comps in front.

Flipx99
12-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Would it be wise to take the coaxs I got now or find some small 3 or 4 inch speakers and install them in my dash for some more dedicated highs? They would be run off the HU. The doors are getting comps and the rear panels coaxs.

I'm wanting to get the most out of my front stage because the 15" Death Penalty i'm bout to order is gona put a hurting on hearing anything in the front.

I actually have this setup. I have a 5.25 and tweet in the door and a 3.5 in the dash. Both are running off an amp. I think it sounds pretty good. But it is also what I am used to. My friend has 5.25 in door and tweets in the A-pillar. To be it sounds like it is recorded...kinda like an answering machine for lack of better example. I dislike it.

But I have never heard an SQ car so take my opinion for what it is worth.

Fate710
12-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Well I'm just going to run a set of comps in the kicks, coaxs in teh doors, and a set of coaxs in the rear panel. I might put a set of tweets in teh pillars too.