PDA

View Full Version : 4" Speaker Grills?

ballstothewall
12-28-2005, 10:46 PM
Do ya'll know of anyone that makes some 4" speaker grills, I did a little searching, and I couldn't find any. I don't want my Fostex's exposed when they are going to be in a dorm room, and would really like some protection for them. Or am I just going to have to get creative and come up with some of my own design here?

Thanks

thylantyr
12-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Another idea I used on my line array. I installed a $10 turntable so the cabinet
rotates. When not in use, I rotate 180 degrees and the cabinet faces the wall
protected from poking fingers, curious people, etc. All you see is a box and it
would confuse people as to what it is.. /harr harr

azbass
12-28-2005, 11:41 PM
see if madisound has them in 4 inch.

UndercoverPunk
12-28-2005, 11:44 PM
you could make some grilles... if you can make those horns I'm SURE you could make some grilles with grille cloth. I wouldn't use regular metal grills and what not since they are full range and you definately want the grilles to be acousticly transparent.

imaspaceguy90
12-28-2005, 11:47 PM
I swear i saw some at walmart

HeatSeeker
12-29-2005, 12:21 AM
Another idea I used on my line array. I installed a $10 turntable so the cabinet
rotates. When not in use, I rotate 180 degrees and the cabinet faces the wall
protected from poking fingers, curious people, etc. All you see is a box and it
would confuse people as to what it is.. /harr harr

Lol nice. I've seen some grills that looked solid, just like another side of the box. Imagine peopls suprise when the "box" started playing music :)

ballstothewall
12-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Hmmm, I like Thylantyr's idea of the turntable, I might have to look into that. But I will have speaker grill cloth on the way from pe.com soon (I didn't know they made the stuff)