PDA

View Full Version : 6.5"components midbass VS 6x9" coaxial midbass

DIGIDIGIBOMBO
12-28-2005, 05:53 PM
Hi, i have 2 set of components and honnestly i feel that the coaxials have a much batter midbass:S i cant hear or feel a midbass when using components is this normal? i only hear the low bass from the subwoofer, and the very clear music from components, but something is missing, its the midbass:D, i have a 1989 Golf 2 GTI 16V, i was using the pioneer 12" PRS with the yellow cone, now my setup will be the following: 2 Clarion 15" DVC its the xw-1500/ 1 set of components in the front doors, 1 set of components in rear on the sides/ and i think i must use 6x9" coaxial in the rear next to the subs, and i feel i am going to lack the midbass because of the 2 subs taking control pumping the Low bass frequency:S

Towncar
12-28-2005, 06:00 PM
For starters are your doors deadened? Also what is powering your componenets?

DIGIDIGIBOMBO
12-28-2005, 06:20 PM
a clarion 4 ch amp is power m components( APA4320), no front doors are not deadened, and in the rear on the sides i will use a sealed box to put the components in it. Also 2 of the same amp will power the 15" subs, or if i can fix my directed 1100d then i will power my subs with it.i do not live in USA sunno what to use to deaden the doors, aluminum foil for example?? any material used in order not to allow sound waves to be heard...? what should be the thickness...?Like the one used on the cover of electrical generators so they are not heard from the outside while working? and u think inside a sealed enclosure components will work? Thx

DIGIDIGIBOMBO
12-30-2005, 02:15 PM
So?

Towncar
12-30-2005, 03:52 PM
First off, aluminum foil isnt going to work. Do you have any stores where you live at? If so Ide try getting some from there. Try using your factory locations for enclosures. I personally use be quiet sound deading. 1-877-727 8438 is the number. See if they will ship to your area. Make sure you cover all the holes in your doors as well as covering most of all the metal. This will dramaticlly increase your midbass that you are looking for. I took it a step further, and put some foam inside the doors aswell, that is used on beds.

DIGIDIGIBOMBO
01-01-2006, 05:39 PM
U think building some closed enclosures are a good idea? i will get midbass results?or Is it better to use the whole area of the inside doors as an enclosure? for the rear speakers i do not have any place to put them, so i am going to build closed enclosures and fix them on both sides ( left and right).