PDA

View Full Version : imaging for 10w7

adebeer
12-27-2005, 05:26 PM
I want to build a sealed box for a 10w7 for my extended cab Tacoma. I was going to use the recommended design on the JL site. I was wondering if I use it exactly as designed and have the sub firing to the side pointed in the direction of the passenger, or if I put the sub firing up directly behind the driver if it will make a big difference in imaging and SQ, or if it will not really matter at all. I know that imaging is not quite as big a deal for low freqs as highs, but thought it might still make a difference due to the small space. Thanks.

JimJ
12-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Sound below 70-80Hz or so is omnidirectional, so you don't really have to worry about "imaging"...as long as it blends in with the front soundstage :)

The best way to fire the sub will depend on your setup, you can sometimes see apparent output gains by moving the driver around. Play with it a little to find the optimum spot.

SAG3
12-28-2005, 03:09 AM
nice, another guy from hawaii

myvanpounds
12-28-2005, 03:19 AM
whatever you do don't fire forward, lol I swear I'm sitting in a cancellation node I hear firing up is good. if the woofer is on the passenger side. down firing might work also depends really on where your tying to cram the woofer