PDA

View Full Version : Pg x6.5

Dozy_production
12-27-2005, 12:52 PM
After a shop killed my oz elites im in the market for some new components. I have made a list out of the speakers that i can actually listen to in the San Diego area.

cdt hd-62 - $310 with the drt25 tweeter
Phoenix Gold X6.5 - $100
ID CXS6 - $319
DLS UP6 - $335

My situation is that all these speakers are generally close to me besides the pg X6.5's. The question is could i put the xenons in the same group as the others and which one would you prefer and why? Note: im going to listen to all of them but i want to hear input so it could mabye save some driving.

dejo
01-04-2006, 09:53 AM
I have a set of the xenon's and really didnt get to put them in right yet, they are smooth sounding but they will lack the midbass of the sets you are considering against them. they are a very good value and do sound good above about 90hz

Towncar
01-04-2006, 12:42 PM
After a shop killed my oz elites im in the market for some new components. I have made a list out of the speakers that i can actually listen to in the San Diego area.

cdt hd-62 - $310 with the drt25 tweeter
Phoenix Gold X6.5 - $100
ID CXS6 - $319
DLS UP6 - $335

My situation is that all these speakers are generally close to me besides the pg X6.5's. The question is could i put the xenons in the same group as the others and which one would you prefer and why? Note: im going to listen to all of them but i want to hear input so it could mabye save some driving.

You can definately put the xenons in that same group. Like mentioned above they do lack in the midbass a little, but its still there. I would save yourself 200 bucs and get them. Its hard to pass up a deal like that, and when you hear them you will be amazed how they were so cheap. Atleast I was, but then again ive had mine for a while now, and they were double that price. :(