PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Component Brands

NonEvo
12-27-2005, 04:33 AM
I know that when it comes to speakers there are brands that are generally considered better than others, just like HU's. The only problem for nowbies like myself is that unlike HU's were there is 10-15 main bands, every Tom, ****, and Harry has there own speaker. Could some of the more experienced people list a few of your favorite speaker companies for me and other newbs.

yikes vR
12-27-2005, 04:35 AM
focal has some nice componets

bri487
12-27-2005, 04:52 AM
i really like dynaudio, focal, and boston components. but i really like the pioneer rev series coaxials.

unbonyr
12-27-2005, 04:53 AM
2 sets of infinty kappa 6.5 componets with 300rms going to them and people say there speakers make there ears hurt till they sit in my car and wonder if there ears will still function:up2somet:

Eugenics
12-27-2005, 05:37 AM
dls, arc audio

alteraudiousa
12-27-2005, 12:14 PM
eugenics that girl in the pink is hot!!! you need to use the whole video or send it to me...

as for the thread, CDT, Seas(expensive), morel(expensive), and mix and match with some more DIY companies like Dayton, Tang Band, hi-Vi, Vifa, Peerless, etc.

AllStar1500bd
12-27-2005, 03:23 PM
I love my Boston Z6's.

FoxPro5
12-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Dynaudio, Rainbow, MB Quart, OZ Audio, and DLS are all very good, but the best IMO is Dynaudio!

Hayabusa
12-28-2005, 12:06 AM
eugenics that girl in the pink is hot!!! you need to use the whole video or send it to me...

as for the thread, CDT, Seas(expensive), morel(expensive), and mix and match with some more DIY companies like Dayton, Tang Band, hi-Vi, Vifa, Peerless, etc.
Would you or Eugenics please tell me who that girl is so I can Google her?

Kevokrook77
12-28-2005, 12:28 AM
Would you or Eugenics please tell me who that girl is so I can Google her?

xseventy-two

azbass
12-28-2005, 12:33 AM
dynaudio for the win

GSteg
12-28-2005, 03:46 AM
My favorite is Seas. LOTS and LOTS of different tweeters and mids to choose from.

takeabao
12-28-2005, 08:12 AM
Rainbow
RS Audio
Seas
Dynaudio

Ignatowski
12-28-2005, 08:24 AM
My favorite is Seas. LOTS and LOTS of different tweeters and mids to choose from.

seas makes auto comps?
I thought just drivers.......

FoxPro5
12-28-2005, 08:30 AM
seas makes auto comps?

http://www.mobilesq.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=11&products_id=29

3.5Max6spd
12-28-2005, 08:42 AM
From every pricepoint...

Rainbow and DLS has many great sounding options

GSteg
12-28-2005, 01:49 PM
seas makes auto comps?

Seas has the Lotus line, which is made specifically for Car audio. :)

alphakenny1
01-10-2006, 07:01 AM
Seas for teh win.

bri487
01-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Seas for teh win.

i really like dynaudio.

after reading the reviews on the seas lotus components and after hearing what people have to say, i think i need to track a set down and hear them. i will definitly do that since i am going to be changing my components soon. amps are coming hopefully this week, mine sold tonight, then components will be next.

Scoobydoo
01-10-2006, 07:06 AM
a/d/s

alphakenny1
01-10-2006, 07:08 AM
i really like dynaudio.

after reading the reviews on the seas lotus components and after hearing what people have to say, i think i need to track a set down and hear them. i will definitly do that since i am going to be changing my components soon. amps are coming hopefully this week, mine sold tonight, then components will be next.

hmm where in cali are you located? i live in the bay area and i've heard a set of seas lotus reference and sounded dam good. also if in so-cal i know people like GSteg on here has a set and knows people who has them as well.

bri487
01-10-2006, 07:09 AM
hmm where in cali are you located? i live in the bay area and i've heard a set of seas lotus reference and sounded dam good. also if in so-cal i know people like GSteg on here has a set and knows people who has them as well.

i am in stockton. but in the east bay area a lot. my brother lives in danville so i am always back and forth.

Slammed
01-10-2006, 07:36 AM
I am into DIY setups

MIDS:
Seas
Dayton
Max Fidelity

TWEETS:
Max Fidelity
LPG
DLS

CROSSOVER:
Madisound custom made passive x-over

you could always go active ;)

OnYrMrk
01-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Genesis Reference,

Dynaudio 360s

Focal No. 7 Be

Focal K3P

Dynaudio 240

Diamond D7

Diamond Hex

Boston Z series

JL Z series

DLS Iridiums

Seas Lotus

Morel

Canton

McIntosh (more like lower line compared to former)

Hybrid Technologies (Scott B. new line of comps)

Zapco comps

Oz Audio

shall I go on?

bri487
01-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Genesis Reference,

Dynaudio 360s

Focal No. 7 Be

Focal K3P

Dynaudio 240

Diamond D7

Diamond Hex

Boston Z series

JL Z series

DLS Iridiums

Seas Lotus

Morel

Canton

McIntosh (more like lower line compared to former)

Hybrid Technologies (Scott B. new line of comps)

Zapco comps

Oz Audio

shall I go on?

the zapco comp components belong on the same line as the dynaudios.

FoxPro5
01-10-2006, 03:52 PM
i really like dynaudio.

Same here...never heard them, but would really like to. Anyone care to comment on the difference between the Seas Performance vs the Seas Reference....looks like they are both 10% off at mobilesq:veryhapp: plus a free hat...woot!

FoxPro5
01-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Kicker SS...heard them the other day in kicks and they were delicious

bri487
01-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Kicker SS...heard them the other day in kicks and they were delicious

i have a buddy who wants to get them, are they worth it. he has diamond hex's right now. have you heard the hex's? i wonder if it is a step down or step up since i have never heard the ss's.

alphakenny1
01-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Same here...never heard them, but would really like to. Anyone care to comment on the difference between the Seas Performance vs the Seas Reference....looks like they are both 10% off at mobilesq:veryhapp: plus a free hat...woot!

http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread.php?threadid=121642

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858&highlight=seas+lotus+performance

FoxPro5
01-10-2006, 04:16 PM

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858&highlight=seas+lotus+performance

Just what I was looking for, thanks kenny:D Anyone going to get a set of Performance comps....$430 shipped ain't bad :uhoh:

FoxPro5
01-10-2006, 04:23 PM
i have a buddy who wants to get them, are they worth it. he has diamond hex's right now. have you heard the hex's? i wonder if it is a step down or step up since i have never heard the ss's.

I heard them at a dealer who also sells Dyn, MBQ, and Focal....and he just loves them and uses them a lot. In talking with him he mentioned that he just got a set of Diamonds in....not sure what model though...and his comment was, "They're speakers." I took that as meaning :thumbsdo:

bikejunkie223
01-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Dynaudio- sweetness but $$$ Rainbow- sweet Dls- ****** for the $$$- the guy that said Pioneer Rev coaxials ???WTF??? how could you place those in with Dynaudio,focal,boston,Dls,Rainbow,Seas? Those speakers are decent for the cash- but blow goats compared to the ones people are talking about.

Prowler573
01-10-2006, 04:24 PM
I've heard some Arcs, some Seas components, some Dynaudios, some Morels (that simply amazed me) and two different pairs of DLS components. I do not know the model numbers of any of the preceding but each one of them sounded flatly outstanding to my ears. All of them have something else in common - I can't afford any of them.

For mid-level components I have to go with DAT (obviously) They've got a great overall sound to them and for the price I can't complain a bit :)

bri487
01-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I heard them at a dealer who also sells Dyn, MBQ, and Focal....and he just loves them and uses them a lot. In talking with him he mentioned that he just got a set of Diamonds in....not sure what model though...and his comment was, "They're speakers." I took that as meaning :thumbsdo:

thats how i feel about my d6 components. i will have my new amp on them thursday though, so i'll see how they like 500 watts on each side. i highly doubt it will see all of that 500 watts. hehe :peace:

bikejunkie223
01-10-2006, 04:34 PM
I've heard some Arcs, some Seas components, some Dynaudios, some Morels (that simply amazed me) and two different pairs of DLS components. I do not know the model numbers of any of the preceding but each one of them sounded flatly outstanding to my ears. All of them have something else in common - I can't afford any of them.

For mid-level components I have to go with DAT (obviously) They've got a great overall sound to them and for the price I can't complain a bit :)
what price range are you looking at? I mean, based on price you can't even compare Dls and Dynaudio- Dls is roughly half the price, but way better than half as good. Hope that makes sense.

GSteg
01-10-2006, 05:08 PM

LMAO i replied to those threads:rotflol:

alphakenny1
01-10-2006, 05:47 PM
LMAO i replied to those threads:rotflol:

lol, yea well you are the owner of both so you have somewhat of a valid opinion :p: .

FoxPro5
01-10-2006, 06:12 PM
thats how i feel about my d6 components. i will have my new amp on them thursday though, so i'll see how they like 500 watts on each side. i highly doubt it will see all of that 500 watts. hehe :peace:

500 per side.....that's it, that's all you got...come on throw some wattage at 'em homie:D In my experience, Diamond just makes some good stuff, not great, but just really good. But then again, opinions are like...well you know the rest.

Does anyone see a trend here...Danish, German, Swedish, French, Israeli, Norwegian......

American:crap:

bri487
01-10-2006, 06:24 PM
500 per side.....that's it, that's all you got...come on throw some wattage at 'em homie:D In my experience, Diamond just makes some good stuff, not great, but just really good. But then again, opinions are like...well you know the rest.

Does anyone see a trend here...Danish, German, Swedish, French, Israeli, Norwegian......

American:crap:

those things better pic up some mid abss with that kind of power.

JLCivic
01-10-2006, 07:54 PM
God do I LOVE my Dyns