PDA

View Full Version : Where to mount my Rainbow Tweeter?

kingsxman
12-26-2005, 10:41 PM
I have a 2000 grand prix and was planning on mounting the tweeter in the stock tweeter location on the inside of the side view mirror panel (corner of the window). I had my infinity tweeter mounted there and it works great. However, the Rainbow tweeter is too big so I need to look for another place.

Recommendations?

squeak9798
12-26-2005, 11:41 PM
As close to the mid as possible.

FoxPro5
12-26-2005, 11:56 PM
I have a 2000 grand prix and was planning on mounting the tweeter in the stock tweeter location on the inside of the side view mirror panel (corner of the window). I had my infinity tweeter mounted there and it works great. However, the Rainbow tweeter is too big so I need to look for another place.

Recommendations?

Kings, what Rainbow set do you have and what tweet does it use? I have the Cal 25 aluminum domes that I have been experimenting with lately. I had them at the hight of my mids in my doors about 8" away and my stage was a little below the dash.

Yesterday I put them up next to the A pillar and have fooled around with aiming them a little bit. So far they sound best when they are pointed towards each other and up slightly on the dash. With time correction I can centeralize the sound deep out on the hood. I'm not sure if this is better because I feel I have lost something....and it's hard to put my finger on what it exactly it is. But I will say that, in particular, female voices seem more life like - almost as though they are laying on my hood singing to me [think Shania Twain in a low cut blowse:yumyum: ]

Where are you located in the Cities? Maybe we can get together and merge our creative brain power:crazy:

kingsxman
12-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Hey Foxpro, that would be awesome. I'm a newb at this for sure. well...at least with doing GOOD installs. ;-)

I've just picked up a set of Rainbow Pro CS230 P3's used. I live in Andover. Work downtown.

I just installed 1 side but didnt mount the tweets. Its setting up on the dash basically against the dash and the pillar aimed across to me. Doesnt sound bad. I think I hear a bit more seperation than I'd like...but I cant see putting these in my door. I really want to do minimum "marking" on the car as possible.

This has been a pain as I've really dont a crappy job with the wiring, etc. Very ghetto. I could really probably use some pointers from you thats for sure.

bri487
12-27-2005, 01:04 AM
any way for it to go in the A-pillar?

kingsxman
12-27-2005, 01:21 AM
I have to ask...whats the A pillar? Also, whats the sail pillar?

JAZN
12-27-2005, 01:29 AM
I have to ask...whats the A pillar? Also, whats the sail pillar?
http://img105.exs.cx/img105/9774/dscf44385hh.jpg
The tweeter here is mounted in the sail. The A-pillar is right next to the sail.

kingsxman
12-27-2005, 01:43 AM
OK Thanks. My stock location is in the sail...but the Rainbows wont fit. (My infinity tweets fit). Bummer. I actually was planning on mounting the Rainbows on the A-Pillar with a surface mount (angled)...with each tweet pointing to the person on the other side of the car.

bri487
12-27-2005, 02:08 AM
OK Thanks. My stock location is in the sail...but the Rainbows wont fit. (My infinity tweets fit). Bummer. I actually was planning on mounting the Rainbows on the A-Pillar with a surface mount (angled)...with each tweet pointing to the person on the other side of the car.

angle them towards the windshield.

kingsxman
12-27-2005, 07:45 AM
I thought I read where you want to avoid bouncing anything off windshield as you get funky dispersion? Just curious...