PDA

View Full Version : What do yall think of this box for my truck? pics

lastcall
12-26-2005, 01:22 PM
this box is $180 at a local dealer, i havent seen it yet except for these pics. i had a probox in my old truck and it was really nice. i had a box made for $160 a while ago and its just not up to par anymore, so im looking into other options. i know theres another box with the plexiglass but its like $300. what are your suggestions?
http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Subwoofer_enclosures/Pro_box/IM001515.JPG

mikescanlon
12-26-2005, 08:04 PM
pro box's usually sound really good
and for oyur truck, that one with the plexi sounds great, it's like the best solution for the quad cab dodge, minus fiberglassing it yourself.

lastcall
12-26-2005, 11:47 PM
yea i like them too, real durable and long lasting. looks sharp with the urethane coating. i think im going to go ahead and get the one in the pic. i talked to the local dealer and he said there wasnt much difference in sound. just appearance. and besides you cant see the subs anyways since there under the seat. well see what happens.

mikescanlon
12-27-2005, 12:12 AM
i'm sure that one sounds very close to the plexiglass one, i've only heard the plexi though, so i cant comment about the one in the picture.

but i've never had a bad experience with a proboxrocks.com box.

lastcall
12-27-2005, 12:15 AM
how did you like the plexiglass one? its kind hard to beleive that that on has no bottom. u would think a lot of air would leak through somewhere

mikescanlon
12-27-2005, 06:10 AM
it's just like inverted mounting the woofers, and the box doesn't have woofer displacement since the cone is outside the box, gives you a pinch more airspace.