PDA

View Full Version : loudest cleanest 6.5 midrange

adalekracka
12-25-2005, 03:43 AM
Hi, im new to the forum. But have looked over it for about a year now. Im getting ready to put together the loudest cleanest sounding system around here in my crew cab. I was looking at dynaudio 6.5 but those are a little too pricy for me. What do you guys think the loudest cleanest 6.5 midrange is within the price range of 50 to 300 a mid. I am currently looking at the B&C 6 PEV13 and the [B]beyma [6MI90/B]. I dont want component sets just single 6.5s.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Fosgate Forever
12-25-2005, 03:58 AM
well i have a pair of T162c's and there *****en and you can usually pick up a pair for pretty cheap

alteraudiousa
12-25-2005, 11:47 AM
check your PMs adalekracka

cam2Xrunner
12-25-2005, 01:47 PM
What kind of power do you have and what tweeter are you looking at?

Do some research on this mid

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=386621.906&pid=1940

I'm saving up for a pair :D

SlainNothing
12-25-2005, 02:27 PM
B&C http://www.usspeaker.com/B&C-6PEV13-1.htm
$80
150-8,000 hz
8 ohm
99 db 1w/1m

Beyma http://www.usspeaker.com/beyma%206MI80-1.htm
$90
150-8,000 hz
8 ohm
98 db 1w/1m

Eminence http://www.usspeaker.com/alpha6-1.htm
$40
110-10,000 hz
8 ohm
97 db 1w/1m

i have experience with the eminence -
with four (4) off a HU and system gets decently loud say 10 watts per channel

system with fours ran off a orion 3002 it screams hpf at 100; 40 watts per channel (80x2 at 4ohms)

system with 8 ran off a orion 8002 (400x2 at 2 ohms) screams;unbearable by the truck

though it gets loud (extremly loud) it lacks midbass horribly

Eugenics
12-25-2005, 02:28 PM
What kind of power do you have and what tweeter are you looking at?

Do some research on this mid

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=386621.906&pid=1940

I'm saving up for a pair :D

i also thought about those too... they're supposed to sound amazing and have plenty of midbass to spare

adalekracka
12-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Im going to put 2 in each door and 2 int he front center. I have 2 jl 300/4 amps and one 300/2 i want to use to run them. I was thinking 4 mids per 300/4 and the center 2 off the 300/2. Im going to do a little research on those 7in mids.
Thanks

squeak9798
12-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Are you looking for a pure midrange, or something that will play midbass aswell? If you are wanting midbass out of the driver, those high efficiency mids Slain mentioned probably won't work for you.

spicmonster
12-25-2005, 11:06 PM
Are you looking for a pure midrange, or something that will play midbass aswell? If you are wanting midbass out of the driver, those high efficiency mids Slain mentioned probably won't work for you.

whats would u recomend for some mid bass and midrange thats highly efficient???

squeak9798
12-25-2005, 11:59 PM
whats would u recomend for some mid bass and midrange thats highly efficient???

You aren't going to find too many "highly efficient" (95db+) mids that will extend low in frequency. Typically as you gain efficiency, you're going to lose low frequency extension.

Beyma car audio division has some products that would probably interest you.

But how much power do you have to work with? And what's your fascination with finding something "highly efficient"? Seas, Peerless, Max Fidelity (performance similar to Dynaudio) and the like all have "moderately efficient" mids that might work for you.

spicmonster
12-26-2005, 12:16 AM
lolo i dunno i like loud clear music ...im wierd...

wats ur thoughts on these
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=386621.906&pid=334

Slammed
12-26-2005, 12:20 AM
hey man

try the Seas CA18RNX (what you listened to that day). They are very efficient....and the midbass is sweet!

(7" mids)

I also owned the Max Fi mids (High Q). Very snappy midbass..very efficient as well. Didnt go as low as I wanted it to though.

(oversized 6.5" mids)

squeak9798
12-26-2005, 12:22 AM
lolo i dunno i like loud clear music ...im wierd...

wats ur thoughts on these
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=386621.906&pid=334

Not for car use. Extremely limited linear displacement.....won't have any midbass output unless you, for example, horn loaded it....which you can't do in a car ;) Most Fostex are meant to be used in a way that the enclosure enhances the low frequency output. You won't get the effect in a vehicle.

Stop worrying about the efficiency alone. As long as you provide enough power (~75w or more) to any "regular" efficiency mid it will have more than ample output for you. You're basing your entire decision off of a single spec, which is NOT the way to go about it. Again, look into the offerings from companies like Seas, Vifa, Peerless, Morel, Max Fidelity and the like, and stop looking solely at that efficiency spec. It's only leading you down the wrong road.

Slammed
12-26-2005, 12:27 AM
Stop worrying about the efficiency alone. As long as you provide enough power (~75w or more) to any "regular" efficiency mid it will have more than ample output for you. You're basing your entire decision off of a single spec, which is NOT the way to go about it. Again, look into the offerings from companies like Seas, Vifa, Peerless, Morel, Max Fidelity and the like, and stop looking solely at that efficiency spec. It's only leading you down the wrong road.

;)

40 wrms going to my each of my Seas CA18RNX.....very happy with them

adalekracka
12-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Im looking for Pure Midranges (no midbass). Then im going to have a 8 or 10 for the midbass frequencies only. I think im going with the beymas today i herd just 2 of them in my buddies car on a 300/2 jl and they were the loudiest cleaniest 6.5 pure midranges i have ever herd i would highly reccomend for a pure midrange.

GSteg
12-26-2005, 12:05 PM
You aren't going to find too many "highly efficient" (95db+) mids that will extend low in frequency. Typically as you gain efficiency, you're going to lose low frequency extension.

Thank You squeak9798 :bowdown:

It seems like you, me, and Hoffman Iron law understands this, while someone else refuse to believe physics :emb:.

Stop worrying about the efficiency alone. As long as you provide enough power (~75w or more) to any "regular" efficiency mid it will have more than ample output for you. You're basing your entire decision off of a single spec, which is NOT the way to go about it.......and stop looking solely at that efficiency spec. It's only leading you down the wrong road.
:word: x 10^3

spicmonster
12-27-2005, 12:32 AM
Im looking for Pure Midranges (no midbass). Then im going to have a 8 or 10 for the midbass frequencies only. I think im going with the beymas today i herd just 2 of them in my buddies car on a 300/2 jl and they were the loudiest cleaniest 6.5 pure midranges i have ever herd i would highly reccomend for a pure midrange.

Exactly what ima do for my next car!!!my front doors gonna have my beymas playing some clear loud mid range...and my cdt ef 7 inch midbass....playing that nice clean hard midbass...and in the back probably have some midrange or something fill the back wit some music...and have like a small 10 w7 portedor 2 8w7s sealed.....ummmmmmmmm car audio sweeeetnesss

by the way this is all goinginto a vw golf gti....hmmmmmmmm!!!!!

tell ur buddie to play some keyshia cole on the beymas.....!

adalekracka
12-27-2005, 04:11 AM
Thanks guys for all your help! Ill keep ya posted on how the project comes along when i get all of my mids in. I have one more queastion.

With my alpine 5.1 sorround sound processor it has a sub channel output. Should i just have one midbass and one lowbass sub running off the subwoofer channel or should i put a midbass in each door with my bemas and just have a low bass frequency runn off of the subwoofer port. Keep in mind that im trying to have tru dolby surround sound.