PDA

View Full Version : Clear Speaker Grills

z00mz00m
12-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Anyone ever seen any? I might make some over the christmas break if I get some free time and I'm bored enough. My friend got outta my car the other day and shut the door a little hard and the grill popped off of my RE 6.5 midbass and the next morning I noticed it and thought it looked pretty cool. I know it sounds like my car is fallin apart haha, but its not. those RE grills weren't designed very well, u have to bend the edges to fit the grills on, i'm not too fond of them, i'd prefer some that snap on.. if I make some clear ones I'd probably try to make some that do so.

I just felt like sharing this idea I had, and to see if anyone had ever seen any. I couldn't find any on eBay.

imaspaceguy90
12-25-2005, 12:04 AM
OMG i love your signature

Dozy_production
12-25-2005, 02:18 AM
that wouldnt be too bad of an idea. How does the area around your mids look in the car? My car there is a wierd shape cute around the mid, if you had just a circle opening through the panel and then the see thru grill yeah that would be pretty cool. ahahah and mabye a neon light? just a suggestion.

z00mz00m
12-25-2005, 10:58 AM
yeah a neon would be sweet in ur situation

i mounted my mid in the panel itself, cut a hole out for it, it didn't fit in the stock location.. too bad it didn't

squeak9798
12-25-2005, 10:38 PM
What would you make a see through grill out of? Plexi? Wouldn't work very well, IMHO.

z00mz00m
12-26-2005, 09:57 AM
What would you make a see through grill out of? Plexi? Wouldn't work very well, IMHO.

yeah, thats why i was askin if anyone had ever seen it, must not work

cuttin so many lil holes would probably make it crack.. maybe i could cut out a design or somethin