PDA

View Full Version : Well I guess ill ask the question Rainbows vs Seas Lotus refrence

Semi-Auto
12-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Rainbows vs Seas Lotus refrence

wich 1 and why, and were can i get both from
i had trash that out lived there 1 year warentee so i dont care if its authorized

cam2Xrunner
12-24-2005, 02:54 PM
www.mobilesq.com I'd vote for the Seas Lotus Reference, although I can't tell you why to get them over the Rainbow lol.

alphakenny1
12-24-2005, 03:01 PM
which rainbows? anyways i've heard a set of seas lotus reference and it sounded dam good.

Semi-Auto
12-26-2005, 06:15 PM
kick bass profis

Semi-Auto
12-28-2005, 01:27 PM
wow nobody likes the greats any more?

takeabao
12-28-2005, 02:51 PM
wow nobody likes the greats any more?

Your average CarAudio.com forum member (ages 16 to 18) hasn't very likely heard (of) either -- hence, that's why you're going to get a pretty limited response.

You might wanna check out www.elitecaraudio.com or www.diymobileaudio.com forums as the folks on both fit in a different demographic are have more experience with both drivers.

I'm assuming you're looking for a dedicated midbass in a 3-way frontstage? Or simply a mid/bass in a 2-way setup? Hence, the comparison between the Profi W165 kick and the Seas Lotus Reference RW165.

I'm gonna let you know that I have not heard either [yet], but based on what I know/have read, I'd go with the Seas but wouldn't hesitate to use the Rainbow. To me, the Seas Lotus woofer seems like the proven performer and I haven't heard a single bad thing anybody has to say about it. The Lotus is notorious for offering some of the best midbass from ANY speaker with great off-axis response.

Haven't heard/read too much about the Profi, but it IS Rainbow and you really can't go wrong with that.

I believe 3.5max6spd has/had some Profi's (I could be mistaken). You should PM him and ask what he thinks.

bamaboy
12-28-2005, 08:38 PM
i have the lower slc's and i love them, but they are the lower lines...im 16 and i have rainbows do i get a cookie ?

Semi-Auto
12-30-2005, 08:08 PM
well bama its good that you are seeking the best i supose :-)
now all you have to do is graduate to arc or zapco amps :D
u have a much better setup then i did when i was 19 lol

Eugenics
12-30-2005, 08:11 PM
seas for teh win!

djdilliodon
12-31-2005, 07:23 AM
imo with a good install both sets will give great results but i would try and listen to both if u can this way you get every pennies worth of your purchase. After all these are high dollar sets. Remember everyone has different tastes when it comes to sound.

3.5Max6spd
12-31-2005, 10:21 AM
All I can say its that they are both bright and you need some decent EQ- same thing can be said about the Profi Vanadiums...but Neither are as particularly bright and piercing as say QSD or K2P domes.

If you compare the Seas References to a Rainbow set it has to be IMO a Rainbow Profi Vanadioum w/ Phase plug mid for a fair comparison. Close midbass performance IMO. Detailed, smooth midrange with very snappy midbass- neither drivers any good below a 80hz 12/24db slope IMO with decent power and volume range. Neither pack enough punch IMO to keep up with an exxagerated substage, yet both would fair very well in a balanced SQ setup.

What I see in the Rainbows is that you can get for cheaper the standard mid set and really offer best of both midbass/midrange detail without much compromise.

Then if you want the Scanspeak Revelatorish type of thick, robust midbass with good midrange- you can opt for the Kickbass version. This added kick and boost in the 80-220hz range also means a few cuts via EQ will open up the midrange considerably and yield very nice results.

Off axis response is a non issue period. These are caraudio products, its a given that they are designed to well in that dept.

dejo
01-02-2006, 06:28 PM
did 3.5max just say flip a coin?

Johnny Drama
01-02-2006, 06:32 PM
My choice...

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128519