PDA

View Full Version : my new set up*pics soon*

Crown_amps
12-19-2005, 11:34 PM
hey Everyone i'm working on my 1st real home audio set up and here is how it's going so far.

The goal is to get full bandwidth [very low to very very high notes] while getting a good amount of power with the focus being on SQ.

Amp is a technics su 8600 which gives me a 4 ohm load for my woofers@ 75 rms [conservative rating ] @ 4 ohms per channel.

For now im using a pair of alpine type E's the swe1412's [ 12 inch svc] rated at 250 watts rms @ 4 ohms.However they really do get loud with the power they are sent from the amp.

Also using a pair of 3 way tower speakers that are nothing special but get the job done for mid and high range, they are running off a technics 8 ohms amp rated at 350 watts peak and 35 per channel @8 ohms i belive.

My question is i use two differnt boxes, i use a 1.5 cubic feet sealed box for one of my alpines while the other is in a poted pre fab waiting for its new home in a slot ported box tuned to 32 hz @ 1.7 cubic feet.
Will that be a problem? i mean it sounds awesome now the punch sound from the sealed box is really clean and the ported box hits the mega low with power ! no problems yet in my medium sized living room to report.

Does anyone have any advice on using a hybrid box set up like i do? they are both seperate and in differnt corners of the room also.

Crown_amps
12-27-2005, 05:40 PM
here is a few pics of my first box there is a pic where the wire is sticking out thats because i didnt put in my terminal yet, so i just drilled a hole in the back and filled it with silicone so its nice and air tight.

Still have to do a lot to it i was thinking some veneer or real wood finish rather than carpet.

Crown_amps
12-27-2005, 05:42 PM
oh shoot the file size is too big ok i will modify the size and post it tomorow

adio
12-27-2005, 05:43 PM
here is a few pics of my first box there is a pic where the wire is sticking out thats because i didnt put in my terminal yet, so i just drilled a hole in the back and filled it with silicone so its nice and air tight.

Still have to do a lot to it i was thinking some veneer or real wood finish rather than carpet.
wow:eek: !!!!! this box is funky funky fresh!!!