PDA

View Full Version : mid-basses? or coaxials?

rocky 59
12-19-2005, 10:46 PM
okay as many of you know i have alittle problem sorting out wether i like my infinity perfects or not. i just wanna get the best sq in my reg cab truck. should i go with coxial maybe? and if i do go with coxials can i keep the infinity crossovers with tweeters? what coxial are really good and how many watts should i look for rms wise?

thanks for your help!

Raven
12-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Infinity perfects you say? I understand the SQ is top notch, but the low end is not.

If you have components now, going to coaxials isn't going to change anything. It will probably make it worse. I can't think of any coaxials that will outperform Infinity Perfect components.

I sugguest adding dedicated midbass.

rocky 59
12-20-2005, 01:23 AM
they are the dedicated midbass. maybe im just getting spooked because they are in unsealed doors and dont sound too good and i need silk tweeters instead of metal. i dunno i have some infinity refernce coaxials so il try them on an amp and see how it goes.

Raven
12-20-2005, 01:54 AM
Try everything you have before buying more. That much I can say with confidence. =)

I really think it's just the intall. Midbass is more install dependant than most anything else. If a stereo system is 10% equipment and 90% install, midbass is 2% equipment and 98% install. Try deadening the doors, using a deflex pad, and maybe designing baffles to try and aim the mids a hint.

rocky 59
12-20-2005, 01:58 AM
its hard i dont wanna cut the door panel but im gonna have to. o well :) i geuss i can find door panels on egay anytime lol. i have the eDead sound deading going in soon. im going to go with the egg crate behind the speaker. with the stock mounting location on the s10 its aimed a little up and a little to the left so il try it. thanks for your help

alteraudiousa
12-20-2005, 12:07 PM
if you're using the stock door location you do't want to seal up the area behind the door, you want to seal the entire door and use the door as the enclosure. You'll notice improvements with the edead but the Perfects aren't that good of components. They are good for what you find in stores but compared to CDT, Dyna, Seas, Morel, Edi, and some other more internet-based companies they pale in comparison. I never liked their tweet and the mid was accurate but had problems on the low end and struggled at high volumes keeping up with strong midbass music. I would seal up the doors but also upgrade to some other company.

Johnny Drama
12-20-2005, 01:13 PM
http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=124003

Stick with componets.