PDA

View Full Version : Two quick questions.

JimJ
12-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Two questions, mostly adhesive-related...

I want to mount my Xovers on the inside of my doors, up against the outer door panel below the window. It'll be going up against three layers of sound deadening, and since I can't drill there I need sonething to hold it in place. I don't think Liquid Nails will have enough holding power; what should I use that would hold and be able to withstand the temperature extremes? I was thinking CA or epoxy of some kind...correct?

I have a similar question with deflex pad or whatever foam I end up using for behind the drivers. If you installed it, what did you use to affix it to the deadening below?

Thanks.

:cool:

squeak9798
12-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Two questions, mostly adhesive-related...

I want to mount my Xovers on the inside of my doors, up against the outer door panel below the window. It'll be going up against three layers of sound deadening, and since I can't drill there I need sonething to hold it in place. I don't think Liquid Nails will have enough holding power; what should I use that would hold and be able to withstand the temperature extremes? I was thinking CA or epoxy of some kind...correct?

Industrial strength velcro that you can pick up at Home Depot. I'm using it on both my xovers (for ~4 months) and my buddies xovers in his truck (for ~ 1yr) and haven't had a problem with either. Still hold strong.

I have a similar question with deflex pad or whatever foam I end up using for behind the drivers. If you installed it, what did you use to affix it to the deadening below?

I'd just try some spray adhesive from like Home Depot or Walmart. If you are really worried about it, you can try the spray adhesive Rick @ Raammat sells: http://raamaudio.com/

But I don't know how they compare price wise.

iceteebone
12-19-2005, 10:34 PM
i agree with industrial strength velcro. **** that's whats holding my sub box down in my trunk :laugh:

Ayrton
12-19-2005, 11:48 PM
if you use Liquid Nails, you will never get them off without damage. Go with velcro or quality double sided tape.

VOA_NIGHTMARE
12-19-2005, 11:52 PM
you can always use gorrilla glue

ramos
12-20-2005, 11:15 AM
I would go with the velcro as well. A whole lot easier to remove later on down the road. Using a good epoxy will secure it very well. In fact maybe to well if you want to remove them later. For deflex pads, I use 3m 777 works well if you clean the mounting area really well. :)

springy101
12-20-2005, 11:27 AM
gorilla glue>everything

ramos
12-20-2005, 11:29 AM
gorilla glue>everything

Gorrila glue works well, if you don't intend to remove them anytime later :)

ighettoboyi
12-22-2005, 10:56 PM
i've always used velcro...i wouldn't go any other way

djman37
12-22-2005, 11:11 PM
you can have my gorilla glue. I f-ed up and got that isht on my hands THINKING I could wipe it off...jeez.

I use consumer grade velcro patches for tweet placement tests. The serious velcro will give you an option if you decide to move it in the future.