PDA

View Full Version : i guess im going active

guy022077
12-16-2005, 01:47 PM
i am not very familliar with active (good active) setups. i have done some searching and noone has said anything about how to wire these speakers. i was wondering if i could run the front and rear tweeters off of the deck and my mids off of my amp here is what i will be dealing with. i have not picked the tweeters or the mids yet but i hear active is the way to go and with my new eclipse cd8445 at the healm i think this is the better idea

hear is a bad pic of what i will have i am hoping that between the deck and the amps i wont need more eq,xover,etc if need be i could still add by 32eq from my other post http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192043&highlight=active

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/guy022077/NewBitmapImage2.jpg

alphakenny1
12-17-2005, 06:27 AM
hmm the problem with going active is your HU doesn't support an active 3 way setup. maybe you can you a combination of the HU and the amp to bandpass your mids.

FoxPro5
12-17-2005, 08:26 AM
i was wondering if i could run the front and rear tweeters off of the deck

I think most would agree that this would be a bad idea!! Your HU puts out like 13w rms and most tweets are 6 ohms....so that means you will get like 6w of total power to them:uhoh: Read, read, read...www.bcae1.com

guy022077
12-17-2005, 10:18 AM
I think most would agree that this would be a bad idea!! Your HU puts out like 13w rms and most tweets are 6 ohms....so that means you will get like 6w of total power to them:uhoh: Read, read, read...www.bcae1.com
yes i know but some people here give better advice when i give them something to make fun of ie running tweets off of a deck. if i were just to ask how to get theis active. i could just run my front stage active. Can i just use the 4 channel amp to run the front tweets and front mids, and the deck to run the rear. my point is i dont want to by a bunch of amps. or do you think i should skip it all and just get comp sets? i want better sound and flexibility. should i have gotton 2 small 4 channel amps? i could use the 600/4 for the mids and a 260/4 for the tweets