PDA

View Full Version : Component Systems

pw91686
12-15-2005, 07:07 PM
I am looking to get a component set or possibly two for my car. I have a 97' Volvo 960, there are 3 1/2" speakers in the dash, 6 1/2" in the front doors and the back doors, and 6x9" in the rear deck. I probably won't replace the 3 1/2's just yet, but I am looking for new door speakers and speakers for the rear deck. What would you recommend? I want something that has great sound quality but will produce some good bass, but mostly sound quality.

1) Component set in front doors, coaxials in back doors, and coaxials in rear deck
2) Component set in front doors, component set in back doors, and coaxials in
rear deck
3) all coaxials

Money is kind of a problem, I only want to spend about $250

Let me know if ya'll have some suggestions for a component set for about $100 or so, and also suggestions for 6.5 coaxials or 6x9 speakers..

FoxPro5
12-15-2005, 07:20 PM
I am looking to get a component set or possibly two for my car. I have a 97' Volvo 960, there are 3 1/2" speakers in the dash, 6 1/2" in the front doors and the back doors, and 6x9" in the rear deck. I probably won't replace the 3 1/2's just yet, but I am looking for new door speakers and speakers for the rear deck. What would you recommend? I want something that has great sound quality but will produce some good bass, but mostly sound quality.

1) Component set in front doors, coaxials in back doors, and coaxials in rear deck
2) Component set in front doors, component set in back doors, and coaxials in
rear deck
3) all coaxials

Money is kind of a problem, I only want to spend about $250

Let me know if ya'll have some suggestions for a component set for about $100 or so, and also suggestions for 6.5 coaxials or 6x9 speakers..

I suspect that those in the know here will most likely suggest the following: dump the rear deck (I mean just unplug them), run the rear doors of the hu power if you HAVE to have rear fill, and spend your money on a set of 6.5" components that sound good to YOUR ears and that are in your budget. For $250 you have many choices and the best place it to start is with a good ole fashion search of this hear section of CA.com!!!

Jordantyler
12-15-2005, 07:22 PM
x2 thats what i would do if ur just lookin for speakers are u gonna get a subwoofer anytime?

pw91686
12-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Well, I was thinking about getting some tang band 6x9" subwoofers and putting in the rear deck for some bass. I am not looking for a sub right now, I had an audiobahn immortal in the back but am in the process of selling all that because I am getting over the whole spl rush...so looking for some good sound quality in the car.

So you think that just running a component set up front would be best and getting some good coaxials for the rear?

If I get some coaxials for the rear I doubt I will run them off the headunit, because they will only be getting about 15 watts.

Savstyle
12-15-2005, 07:25 PM
I suspect that those in the know here will most likely suggest the following: dump the rear deck (I mean just unplug them), run the rear doors of the hu power if you HAVE to have rear fill, and spend your money on a set of 6.5" components that sound good to YOUR ears and that are in your budget. For $250 you have many choices and the best place it to start is with a good ole fashion search of this hear section of CA.com!!!
:word: 250 can get you a real nice comp set. And to add more speakers is not better.

Savstyle
12-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Well, I was thinking about getting some tang band 6x9" subwoofers and putting in the rear deck for some bass. I am not looking for a sub right now, I had an audiobahn immortal in the back but am in the process of selling all that because I am getting over the whole spl rush...so looking for some good sound quality in the car.

So you think that just running a component set up front would be best and getting some good coaxials for the rear?

If I get some coaxials for the rear I doubt I will run them off the headunit, because they will only be getting about 15 watts.
yeah, or use the money for coaxials and put it towards you comp set. That what i did i still have my rearfill but when its on it completly ruins the sound.

Get the comp set first, then if you feal it isnt loud enough upgrade the back speakers