PDA

View Full Version : CD won't eject, what to do??

cazorp
12-13-2005, 10:40 PM
ok well the cd won't eject on my girlfriends head unit, what do i do??

thanks
Zach

XtrmAudioCncpts
12-13-2005, 10:44 PM
find the reset button works every time

cazorp
12-13-2005, 11:02 PM
thats what i thought, but the problem is it is made for a software reset.

any other ideas??

thanks
Zach

Prowler573
12-13-2005, 11:04 PM
thats what i thought, but the problem is it is made for a software reset.

any other ideas??

thanks
ZachWhat kind of head unit are we talking about here?

And welcome to the forum. I'm from Shreveport, too! :thumbsup:

cazorp
12-13-2005, 11:06 PM
its an older kenwood, what part of shreveport, and how old are you??

XtrmAudioCncpts
12-13-2005, 11:06 PM
trust me i got a cd stuck in an eclipse unit once and i hit the reset button and it spit out my cd once i hit eject again

davidfre21
12-13-2005, 11:08 PM
some cd players will have a manuel eject...

Or u could do like i did when my friends cd wouldnt come out. Just pull the unit and strip the casing till u get to her

bri487
12-13-2005, 11:10 PM
some cd players will have a manuel eject...

Or u could do like i did when my friends cd wouldnt come out. Just pull the unit and strip the casing till u get to her

instead of striping it next time, hand him a plasma cutter.

cazorp
Im sure it will work if i can reset it, but it has a software reset and i dont know how to find it

Prowler573
it's an older KenwoodOk - Kenwood's I am pretty familiar with as I have owned them for years. Could you give us a model # so we could nail down the specifics a bit better?

what part of Shreveport?I originally hail from University Terrace (the neighborhood behind the Sheraton ~ or whatever it is now ~ on E. 70th street) but currently I am in Australia

how old are you?I feel like I'm taking part in some dating service kinda questionaire :nono: None of that happening here, buddy!! I'm 32.

azbass
12-13-2005, 11:13 PM
are you shure your girl is giving the cd player enough pleasure?

sorry i had nothing else to say.

cazorp
12-13-2005, 11:14 PM
lol, sorry bout the ?'s lol i was just wondering if I knew you, but im only 18. lol

its called "the mask" cant remember the model# though

Prowler573
12-13-2005, 11:26 PM
lol, sorry bout the ?'s lol i was just wondering if I knew you, but im only 18. lolNo problems

its called "the mask" cant remember the model# thoughDoes the faceplate revolve 180 degrees automatically or do you have to rotate the faceplate by hand?
Kenwood had two different models of that particular faceplate design that were called "D-Mask" and "D-Mask+"

The 'normal' D-Mask had a faceplate that the user could revolve 180 degrees to display a blank, black panel to would-be thieves to give the appearance of a non-existant HU or one that had already had the faceplate removed. The D-Mask+ did the same thing only the faceplate rotated automatically when the ignition was turned on or off.

The D-Mask+ was a bit of a tactical error for Kenwood as the ribbon cable that transferred user input data from the faceplate to the stereo's main chassis had a bad habit of developing problems. They weren't particularly reliable, to say the least, and it was a generally accepted opinion that Kenwood did the smart thing by discontinuing this particular design. For some odd reason they've revived the D-Mask+ with the eXcelon KDC-X689.

I'm still not entirely certain what you're meaning by a 'software reset.'

Somewhere on the faceplate of that radio should be a rather small button inset into a cavity marked 'Reset.' Most likely you would need a straight pin or something similar to get in there to depress the button. Once you find that, depress the reset button (keeping in mind that all your station presets, clock, etc will revert back to factory default) and see if that cures your problems.

I'd still like to know what the model number is, though, for curiosity's sake. As it is a Kenwood it will be "KDC- " with the dash being followed by some numbers. If it is an eXcelon unit the dash will be followed by either a 'PS' or an 'X' dependant on its age and then some numbers.

Alpineinstaller
12-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Welcome to the forum, I'm from Mansfield.