PDA

View Full Version : Tweeter recomendations

Johnny Drama
12-10-2005, 03:20 PM
So I am wanting to do a test with a few sets of tweeters. I am currently looking into the following, but need a few more recomendations.

looking at..
Seas 27TBFC/G
Scan-Speak D2904/6000-00

have...
CDT DRT-25

Johnny Drama
12-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Wow! Great recomendations guys.

squeak9798
12-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Budget? How much you looking to spend?

Johnny Drama
12-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Budget? How much you looking to spend?

<$600 for 3 or 4 sets to test.

audiolife
12-10-2005, 08:58 PM
beyma!! lol

Johnny Drama
12-10-2005, 09:15 PM
beyma!! lol

You know of any online dealers? I remember looking at them a while back.

audiolife
12-10-2005, 09:22 PM
no i dont but the nice thing about them from what i can tell is they stage and image more like a regular speaker rather than a simple dome. just makes it easier to set up. they disperse very well and are sensitive yet not too sensitive where noise thats in your system is heard. (if you run analog 9/10 times you have noise you cant hear because your speakers arent sensitive enough to pick it up usually a low level hum or hiss). i am considering using them but im a die hard image dynamic freak lol.

Johnny Drama
12-10-2005, 09:25 PM
no i dont but the nice thing about them from what i can tell is they stage and image more like a regular speaker rather than a simple dome. just makes it easier to set up. they disperse very well and are sensitive yet not too sensitive where noise thats in your system is heard. (if you run analog 9/10 times you have noise you cant hear because your speakers arent sensitive enough to pick it up usually a low level hum or hiss). i am considering using them but im a die hard image dynamic freak lol.

Ill give them a call monday. Hopefully the price will be reasonable and I can still afford a few other brands to test. Hopefully this time next year I will have an SQ car setup.

audiolife
12-10-2005, 09:36 PM
im doing a sq set up for this year 2006 it will compete 2007 it should be done like i want. i am really wanting to put a v8 in it and a simple yet very good paint job rims and a billet grill with black euro mirrors. the rest totally stock looking. i need some interior parts though to get it what i want as of now its a semi beat up pos lol

Johnny Drama
12-10-2005, 09:54 PM
im doing a sq set up for this year 2006 it will compete 2007 it should be done like i want. i am really wanting to put a v8 in it and a simple yet very good paint job rims and a billet grill with black euro mirrors. the rest totally stock looking. i need some interior parts though to get it what i want as of now its a semi beat up pos lol

Cool! I definatly want to sit in it when you are done. I would also like to get some constructive critisizm on my vehicle. :)

audiolife
12-10-2005, 10:59 PM
imaging sure tonally no . i have a weird taste (so im told) i like high and dry sounds over warm . to me warm sounds muddy but thats just taste imaging to me is easy and if you set things up to move around a bit you can learn how to do off the wall stuff that "shouldnt work" but it does because of the way we hear. when you are positioning the speakers all you have to do is seperate the front and back waves and you will pretty well hear how it will stage. i use folded up back straps as a support (bend to create my angles to rest mt speakers on) and a t shirt/towel to break up the front and back waves. some people aim with lasers and stuff only problem with that is lasers dont hear lol. how do you tell if you did it right is easy..when you are listening to your set up and you shut your eyes you forget that you are in your car and your brain pictures a stage or a wide open environment. i also will not go into doors nor a dash even if it costs me half my systems buget to do so. way i loook at it is when i want to listen to music i want a real experience and not a "car stereo". if you go to finals again next year ill show you what i mean and some cause and effect. when i tune i use masking tape that i place where i hear certain sounds (like the drum across the dash track) and tune it till it does what it is supost to. MUCH easier to do when your path lengths of the "main" speakers are equal not to mention its alot more natural sounding than processing. you over process (time alignment ect ect) eventually you run into a wall on one side or the other.

GSteg
12-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Dayton Audio RS28a