PDA

View Full Version : ht advice

txred0810
12-09-2005, 01:06 PM
My roomate asked me to try and help him find a home theater setup that is both cheap and all inwalls. About the only thing i have found in his price range are some polk rci8s or 6s with a csi center channel. I've been lookin around and couldn't help but see that PE.com had some dayton inwalls that are pretty dang cheap. How would these compare to the polks. I know dayton makes a heck of a HT sub but will their speakers be of the same quality?? Is there another route i could go with the inwalls that would suit his price range or around 400-600 for a speaker set?? The receiver of choice is most likely going to be the panasonic xr55.

Darth Audio
12-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Well I used Dayton's when I made my surrounds and center channel. Excellent speakers for the money. Not having heard the Polks I can't say they would sound better but I bet it would be close. I was amazed at how good mine sounded. I think he would be very happy with the Dayton's and the money he saves.

txred0810
12-09-2005, 01:57 PM
I figured they would sound pretty good, plus it is goin to be in a smaller living room. The only thing i was kinda worried about is the power handling is only about 60rms and the recievers i was lookin at for him all put out 75-100 watts per channel. I guess the only way to keep from overpowering them is to just keep it turned down. I'm sure you'd be able to hear the distortion if they were being pushed too hard. Anyone else use dayton inwalls??