PDA

View Full Version : Please help me decide on speakers

supercolts99
12-09-2005, 06:46 AM
I just bought - MA AUDIO M483I 800w 4 CHANNEL CAR AMPLIFIER STEREO AMP

and a Kenwood x889 Headunit.

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and I need Component Speakers and some Rear Speakers.

I will not be adding a sub woofer just yet.

Any help on choosing the right speakers for this set up is GREATLY appreaciated.

* Also, atleast for the Buck, is the Kenwood and MA amp not too bad?

alphakenny1
12-09-2005, 08:23 AM
as for speakers budget?

Prowler573
12-09-2005, 08:28 AM
I just bought - MA AUDIO M483I 800w 4 CHANNEL CAR AMPLIFIER STEREO AMPOkay.

and a Kenwood x889 Headunit.Alright - now I'm jealous. :yumyum:

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and I need Component Speakers and some Rear Speakers.Alrighty then.

I will not be adding a sub woofer just yet.Bummer!

Any help on choosing the right speakers for this set up is GREATLY appreciated.On behalf of whoever helps ya out, You're Welcome! :D

* Also, at least for the Buck, is the Kenwood and MA amp not too bad? I know nothing about that MA Audio amp. Never seen one. As far as the eXcelon KDC-X889 goes.....see my previous post. :yumyum:

What size components / rear speakers are you looking to put in your Jeepster and what kinda money are you looking to spend?

supercolts99
12-09-2005, 04:43 PM
For components, my budget is $ 250.00

For rear speakers, I would like my budget to be $ 200.00

tplaya07
12-09-2005, 11:11 PM
I would suggest taking alot of that budget for the rears, and invest it in the frontstage. In fact, you could even just utilize the factory rear speakers for now, and get a very nice comp set for the front. Most people here prefer to have the soundstage coming from the front of the vehicle, as if you were at a concert, and "watching" the music being played in front of you. Too much emphasis on the rear speakers can tend to draw the soundstage more toward the center of the vehicle and make it harder to decipher where each performer is located on the soundstage.

adam71
12-10-2005, 09:58 AM
I would suggest taking alot of that budget for the rears, and invest it in the frontstage. In fact, you could even just utilize the factory rear speakers for now, and get a very nice comp set for the front. Most people here prefer to have the soundstage coming from the front of the vehicle, as if you were at a concert, and "watching" the music being played in front of you. Too much emphasis on the rear speakers can tend to draw the soundstage more toward the center of the vehicle and make it harder to decipher where each performer is located on the soundstage.

I agree. You won't have to spend more than 40 to 70 bucks on the rear speakers. Leaving you with almost 400 bucks for your front comps which could get you a nice set of comps for the front. I lost all my links from my comp last week due to a computer crash so maybe someone else on here can point you in the direction of some nice comps for that price range.

Pyro_By_Nature
12-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Just a word of advice, don't treat what "everyone" says like the bible.Go with what your ears want.

I know some people who really like the sound of rear fill.

adam71
12-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Just a word of advice, don't treat what "everyone" says like the bible.Go with what your ears want.

I know some people who really like the sound of rear fill.

Yes, thats true but no one in this thread told him NOT to use rear fill. We just advised not to spend too much money on them and use more money for the front stage.:)

bikejunkie223
12-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Buy some Dls UP6's for about $300 and get some Dls Coaxes for the rear- The UP6s will shock you with how great they are.
Tplaya07 sells dls on this forum. www.dlsamerica.com
look at the Ultimate UP6's they kick ***.