PDA

View Full Version : need help, i have questions!

dannyt
12-08-2005, 09:08 PM
newbie building slotted box to save money.

searched the forum for formulas that i need and similiar people in the same predicament.

12" Pioneer TSW-306c
Vas = 1.964
Fs = 32.6
Qts = .42

1. Found a fomula to calculate Vb. Vb = 20*Qts^3.3*Vas. That formula is correct right?

2. When i find the answer, do i have to use it if i dont like it? Or ss that just a guide to start from? Because when i put that answer into Fb = (Vas/Vb)^0.31*Fs to find what frequency to tune the box to, it comes out to be 31.3, but i want it around 33-35. what should i do?

3. When i find the answer to that Vb equation, does the answer include the volume of the slotted section?

With those questions answered, i think i could figure out the port length etc. etc.

oh yeah. some misc. questions that i have also.

4. i looked up what mdf was and it didnt look like wood on the home depot website. it was a grayish material. is that supposed to be right?

5. when i make the box, using screws and wood glue, does the glue substitute for caulk?

6. if i dont want to carpet the enclosure, can i just paint it?:laugh: and do i have to do anything to the slot such as paint it or put some kinda material on the inside of it?

7. where to mount amp? on the box is okay right?

sorry for so many questions.:crap:
any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!:D

dannyt
12-09-2005, 01:40 AM
pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

bimma85
12-09-2005, 01:42 AM
jl.com has a tutorial might wanna try that

dannyt
12-09-2005, 11:38 AM
yeah i was looking at that. but it still doesnt answer my questions.

It doesnt say if Vb is the total volume including the port =( after thinking about it though, i think it does mean including the slot.

negativezeroz
12-09-2005, 11:41 AM
PM Moe Lester or InhumanAcura...Brad and Matt are both good guys and they live in your city so they could help.

Otherwise you can try...

http://www.accelerator-pedal.com/ported-box.asp (only prob with this is it usually gives you a small port area..)

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31