PDA

View Full Version : Where to place ports...

LuNaTiC
12-07-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm buying an 18 SX, Going into an Accord. I'm going to pull out the back seat and place the box there. Now, I was wondering which way the ports should face for maximum SPL. Towards the rear of the car, towards the door(either side), or facing the front of the car. Which do you think?

My idea was to have the 18 behind the driver's seat and ghetto ports pointing directly behind the passenger. What do you think?

wgaede
12-07-2005, 06:12 PM
you should have the ports do a loop and fire back into the box!

skmfkr
12-07-2005, 06:13 PM
what are these ghetto ports you speak of?

flakko
12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
youre gonna blow thier freakin head up that way haha get like a 6" PVC tube

InhumanAcura
12-07-2005, 06:16 PM
why not get 2 and build a wall?

Chevyaudio
12-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Fire them back or to the sides. Thats where my friends have had sucess with SPL in a trunk car.

LuNaTiC
12-07-2005, 06:46 PM
you should have the ports do a loop and fire back into the box!

No.

what are these ghetto ports you speak of?

When you use round ports but they stick out of the box rather than inside it. In the right setup I think it looks pretty cool.

youre gonna blow thier freakin head up that way haha get like a 6" PVC tube

I plan to.;)

why not get 2 and build a wall?

Because, I'm getting one. And not building a wall.

Fire them back or to the sides. Thats where my friends have had sucess with SPL in a trunk car.

Did your friend have his setup in the trunk or in an entirely different location than what I specified......

LuNaTiC
12-07-2005, 06:48 PM
So do you guys think ports facing forward behind passenger might be best? If it makes a difference I would rather have loud to the ear, Not mic.

406er
12-07-2005, 07:42 PM
the box with external ports is called a hybrid

xmax-1
12-07-2005, 07:48 PM
So do you guys think ports facing forward behind passenger might be best? If it makes a difference I would rather have loud to the ear, Not mic.
In your case, it doesn't matter where you put the port (vent) as long as it's on the same plane as the driver (speaker). Now IF it were in a hatch or in the trunk it would be different.

In my van I have a wall with subs and vent on the passanger side @ the C-pillar. Yea.........I still have a back seat!:cool:

LuNaTiC
12-07-2005, 08:07 PM
In your case, it doesn't matter where you put the port (vent) as long as it's on the same plane as the driver (speaker). Now IF it were in a hatch or in the trunk it would be different.

In my van I have a wall with subs and vent on the passanger side @ the C-pillar. Yea.........I still have a back seat!:cool:

lol, I felt half retarded reading that post...