PDA

View Full Version : dayton vs. ED

adio
12-06-2005, 01:41 PM
if you had to choose bewtween a dayton dvc 15" and an old EDk 15 for HT which one would you choose and why? it's gonna be 65/35 music and movies, but i want the movie explosions to scare me and make me feel like i would get in trouble with the neighbors if i don't turn it down!!

UndercoverPunk
12-06-2005, 01:43 PM
which model dayton? that has ALOT to do with it.

SBLAZER
12-06-2005, 01:49 PM
if its the MKIII, hands down i'd go wit that, sub is crazy for HT. ill be gettin a 10soon for my room.

squeak9798
12-06-2005, 01:50 PM
which model dayton? that has ALOT to do with it.

He said Dayton DVC, which is the model.

Anyways....I'd take the Dayton. Good products at very reasonable prices. That DVC series is supposed to perform very similarly to a Shiva. Plus you can buy it new w/ warranty.

UndercoverPunk
12-06-2005, 02:17 PM
my bad then... if it sounds like a shiva get it, cause the old ed-k's sure as hell don't.

j3bus2k3
12-06-2005, 05:37 PM
If you want something to scare the crap out of you explosion wise, get some bass shakers from parts express and hook em up to a plate amp mounted under the couch....:yumyum:...scared the **** out of my friends when we watched Saving Private Ryan.

But to the original question, get the Dayton hands down.

adio
12-07-2005, 12:35 PM
anyone else?

filtor1
12-07-2005, 12:45 PM
I own the 15" MKIII. I guess you saw in the HTsub thread. I love it. 3cf sealed, with the PE1000watt plate amp pushing it. I have never heard an eD sub. No-one around here sells them. I have heard the 10" version with the 150 watt plate amp on it, although output was much less, I thought it was very acurate and sufficient to bother the nieghbors.

adio
12-07-2005, 03:28 PM
I have never heard an eD sub. No-one around here sells them.
yeah, i'm startin to notice that here in the FS section too:crap:

filtor1
12-07-2005, 03:40 PM

I try and look at non popular trends when purchasing equipment. I look through audiophile magazines and persanal reviews from people who have practical experience with the product I am looking at. I then compare warranties. I got 1yr on this one and have since considered adding a second recently. Running them in stereo. But for now this sub fits my needs and volume requirements.

adio
12-08-2005, 08:26 PM
ne1 else?

JimJ
12-08-2005, 08:39 PM

:confused:

People are selling Kv.2's frequently around here...

Not many people sell the older series K's because there simply weren't that many of them around. And you don't see the flat cone '04's for sale because the owners don't want to get rid of the Nomex sexiness :D

adio
12-08-2005, 11:40 PM
:confused:

People are selling Kv.2's frequently around here...

Not many people sell the older series K's because there simply weren't that many of them around. And you don't see the flat cone '04's for sale because the owners don't want to get rid of the Nomex sexiness :D
hey jack, ole buddy........... why don't you put in a bid for my 13k?? don't put in a big one though, i don't want you to win, just tryna create a buzz. help a brotha out!!

Ali G
12-09-2005, 12:30 AM
lol

adio
12-09-2005, 12:41 AM
lol
haahahahahahahahahaah:laugh:

JimJ
12-09-2005, 01:03 PM
hey jack, ole buddy........... why don't you put in a bid for my 13k?? don't put in a big one though, i don't want you to win, just tryna create a buzz. help a brotha out!!

Give it to me free if I win, and I'll put in all the bids you want :laugh:

adio
12-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Give it to me free if I win, and I'll put in all the bids you want :laugh:
that's great and i like you, but i don't want you to win!!! i just want a lotta bids so ppl can see how high in demand this is. go bid like .50 cent

PV Audio
12-09-2005, 08:11 PM
you know my answer.

adio
12-10-2005, 10:12 AM
you know my answer.
yes, but share with the rest of us:p:

PV Audio
12-10-2005, 01:02 PM
dayton *****!

Scoobydoo
12-10-2005, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=filtor1]I try and look at non popular trends when purchasing equipment. QUOTE]

http://yellow.mynethost.com/~bv126368/shop/catalog/

nice subs that are kinda off the radar:)

hayden
12-16-2005, 10:06 PM
The Stryke subs (I just can't call the AE subs:) ) are more than nice. They were originally designed as home DIY subs, but quickly caught on with the car audio guys. When John designed the AV series, he was clearly marketing to the car guys first (coil choice and "bling" cone) but they are very good subs. You simply can't buy that much output for less money.
JP

adio
12-19-2005, 05:06 PM
The Stryke subs (I just can't call the AE subs:) ) are more than nice. They were originally designed as home DIY subs, but quickly caught on with the car audio guys. When John designed the AV series, he was clearly marketing to the car guys first (coil choice and "bling" cone) but they are very good subs. You simply can't buy that much output for less money.
JP
how about i was going through this same thread and found what you wrote on 10/28:
Originally Posted by hayden
Do you want to know what we own, or what we are using right now?

Own:
Hsu VTF-3 MkII
Hsu TN1220
Mirage Substrata
Earthquake Supernova MkV-15
DIY (Shiva-based, Stryke-based, PE-based)
Blueprint 1803 in sealed LT box
BIC Acoustech H-100 (just picked on up to try, great little budget sub!)

Currently using:

Four (4) BP1803/AL1804 Infinite Baffle (IB)

hayden
12-19-2005, 05:46 PM
You like all my subs? I just sold a couple of them, but I still have a few:D I've got a bunch of car audio subs as well. My pride and joy is a collection of various drivers that I've picked up over the last 20 years (one-offs, prototypes, special editions, custom designs, etc. from the likes of Avatar (Adire) Audio, Ground Zero, EQ, Eminence, Credence, FRC Soundworks (Desjitl/RE), and a few others.) My wife thinks I'm crazy with all these drivers sitting in storage, but it is a fun hobby.
JP

adio
12-19-2005, 05:53 PM
You like all my subs? I just sold a couple of them, but I still have a few:D I've got a bunch of car audio subs as well. My pride and joy is a collection of various drivers that I've picked up over the last 20 years (one-offs, prototypes, special editions, custom designs, etc. from the likes of Avatar (Adire) Audio, Ground Zero, EQ, Eminence, Credence, FRC Soundworks (Desjitl/RE), and a few others.) My wife thinks I'm crazy with all these drivers sitting in storage, but it is a fun hobby.
JP
omg, man, i mean, i was just randomly goin through that page and it hit me......... 'he has all these!?!?!?!? and he has these.......... RIGHT NOW!?!?!?!?'