PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow SLC comps (searched but have ?s)

WillyG4444
12-04-2005, 10:55 AM
I really want these speakers, and the price/quality ratio seems to be very very good with these speakers, but a few things are holding me back. I read Flakko's review on these (hopefully he'll chime in) and he said that 128 kbps MP3 files don't sound right on these speakers? Is this this the same for 192 kbps? (That's the lowest I go) I listen to songs through my ipod or on MP3 cds. They seem to be exactly what I want but that's one thing that im skeptical about. Also, I hear they are VERY install dependent. I don't really want kickpanels cause they'll get in the way and my passengers will most likely step on them.. I'm hoping its possible to get the great midbass out of these speakers mounted in my doors? Please help or if you know of any comparable components around the $300 price range that are less install dependant.

flakko
12-04-2005, 04:07 PM
I really want these speakers, and the price/quality ratio seems to be very very good with these speakers, but a few things are holding me back. I read Flakko's review on these (hopefully he'll chime in) and he said that 128 kbps MP3 files don't sound right on these speakers? Is this this the same for 192 kbps? (That's the lowest I go) I listen to songs through my ipod or on MP3 cds. They seem to be exactly what I want but that's one thing that im skeptical about. Also, I hear they are VERY install dependent. I don't really want kickpanels cause they'll get in the way and my passengers will most likely step on them.. I'm hoping its possible to get the great midbass out of these speakers mounted in my doors? Please help or if you know of any comparable components around the $300 price range that are less install dependant.

i said that? lol okay haha but yea 128kbps you lose a heckuva lot of freq's. same with 192, but it aint that noticeable. I listen to mp3's all the time...on cd or with my zen micro. i guess it depends on the recording. you will be fine.

Raven
12-04-2005, 07:00 PM
In my experience (I own the same speakers) MP3s downloaded off the internet sound like *** on them. But then it's my opinion that those same MP3s sounded like *** on the towers in my room, and off my headphones. *shrug*

They really are great speakers, though.

Savstyle
12-04-2005, 07:11 PM
it really depends waht your used to, if you used to MP3's then you wont hear a difference, but if you listen to cd's then you will. Soundlines are awesome i love mine but i might be upgrading hear in the near future, so lemme know if you em

WillyG4444
12-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Ok I guess it is just what you're used to. What about the question about how they sound when mounted in certain positions? Id like to just put them in my doors in the stock 6.5 location then mount the tweet a bit above it. I mean if I have to get them in just the right place to sound good I'd rather go with something else because I'm not that knowledgable about installs and imaging and stuff. Thanks again.

///M5
12-04-2005, 11:42 PM
You will have similar install issues with ANY components, but those will take door mounting fine. Just make sure to seal them off well.

cdj
12-05-2005, 05:01 PM
The Rainbows are popular on one of the UK forums. Here are a couple of links that might help:

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=95725&highlight=slc
http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/search.php?searchid=1125215

The SLC Kick Bass are highly regarded.

WillyG4444
12-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Do you know a website that sells the SLC kickbass line? speedsound.com has the SLCs but not the SLC kickbass components.

kuijo
12-05-2005, 08:39 PM
I've got my SLC mounted in my doors. Make sure you deaden atleast a little bit around and under where you mount the baffle. oh ya, make a baffle.. I can feel the bass kick very nicely from them being IB, wish i could hear them in some pods sometime though.

kingsxman
12-06-2005, 11:32 AM
How do you make a baffle?

3.5Max6spd
12-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Do you know a website that sells the SLC kickbass line? speedsound.com has the SLCs but not the SLC kickbass components.

They have nothing in stock- they have to order whatever from the distributor too- and quite honestly you get better prices through other dealers.

Theres a reason the website only has all the OLD Rainbow stuff listed on their website, they are not supposed to be sold online.

3.5Max6spd
12-06-2005, 12:31 PM
SLC's....the distributor(Alumapro) is awaiting a shipment from Germany. So they say- it may be months before they come around-i got a feeling they wait until all stock is low before they reorder.Which ***** monkey balls. Last I knew there were a few 3way sets available of SLC's and a some 2/3way Profi line sets.

WillyG4444
12-06-2005, 04:12 PM
So speedsound.com doesnt even have the regular 6.5 SLC component set they have listed on their site in stock? arggggg