PDA

View Full Version : rotozip

blowsoot
12-02-2005, 02:44 AM
Whats the key to making a good circle with a rotozip? Seems like its hard to keep on the line for the circle. heh

Beat_Dominator
12-02-2005, 02:46 AM
Yes it's hard. But I **** more with a jigsaw :p:

blowsoot
12-02-2005, 02:47 AM
well I got a rotozip cheapo from harbor freight and a jig saw. debating on which one to use havent. I remember last time I used the rotozip it was a pain to get it perfect jigsaw is kind of the same heh bumpy circle

saywhat?
12-02-2005, 07:54 AM
rotozip+rotozip circle cutting jig= perfecdt circle.

Ignatowski
12-02-2005, 08:05 AM
I do mine with a dremel,they have a router attatchment which works decent enough
a steady hand and some patence does the trick

Rattlebrain
12-02-2005, 08:09 AM
Whats the key to making a good circle with a rotozip? Seems like its hard to keep on the line for the circle. heh
http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127172
I have tried using the "perfect circle" thinggy that came with my Rotozip. Havent been able to cut a circle worth a crud with it yet. Maybe I ought to brake it out and try again. Its been a while since I've used it.

saywhat?
12-02-2005, 08:24 AM
what bit do u use with the dremel? my "cutting bit" takes forever, im starting to think its the wrong one. i got it in a kit and i dunno if its really the right one.

Rattlebrain
12-02-2005, 08:37 AM
*edit* never mind. I had a brain fart

ramos
12-02-2005, 08:38 AM
I don't use my rotoslip for cutting circles. It takes too freakin long. Recently broke my circle cutting jig, and tried the rotoslip for cutting circles. It didn't work out too well. I would guess you would need to go real slow and steady to cut a good circle with it. I'm just to impatient to wait :D Jasper circle jig + plunge router > rotoslip by a long shot. :)

Goldtaz1
12-02-2005, 10:02 AM
I don't use my rotoslip for cutting circles. It takes too freakin long. Recently broke my circle cutting jig, and tried the rotoslip for cutting circles. It didn't work out too well. I would guess you would need to go real slow and steady to cut a good circle with it. I'm just to impatient to wait :D Jasper circle jig + plunge router > rotoslip by a long shot. :)

X 100!

It has actually gotten to the point that I have gone back to using my jigsaw because the darn rotozip eats bits like nobody's business (the rotozip bits are expensive as hell with regards to the minimal amount of time that they last). If you are contemplating the purchase I would advise against getting one. Instead, you should get a good plunge router with a circle jig and be happy.