PDA

View Full Version : Image Dynamics IDMax recommended ported or sealed?

thadman
12-01-2005, 06:25 PM
I picked up a few IDMaxs (looking mainly to sell them but might keep 1...maybe 2) what would be the recommended enclosure? ported or sealed?

I want this to be mainly sound quality, as im not going to be participating in any spl competitions and if anybody had some box plans that would be great. I drive a 2001 Jetta GLS with a 13 cubic foot trunk, so size really isnt a problem although I would like to retain much of my trunk if possible.

Would 2 of these subs hit much harder than 1? I really wouldnt care about the change in volume as im sure they would already be pretty loud, but would 2 be deeper than 1?

kotec123
12-01-2005, 06:30 PM
hmmm even if u want sq id still go in a nice low ported box......just port it low and imo it would sound better then sealed......if they are 10" dual 2ohms then ill take em off ur hands!

squeak9798
12-01-2005, 06:31 PM
I picked up a few IDMaxs (looking mainly to sell them but might keep 1...maybe 2) what would be the recommended enclosure? ported or sealed?

I want this to be mainly sound quality, as im not going to be participating in any spl competitions and if anybody had some box plans that would be great. I drive a 2001 Jetta GLS with a 13 cubic foot trunk, so size really isnt a problem although I would like to retain much of my trunk if possible.

Go infinite baffle ;)

Otherwise, go sealed.

But infinite baffle would be the best way to go :thumbupw:

Would 2 of these subs hit much harder than 1? I really wouldnt care about the change in volume as im sure they would already be pretty loud, but would 2 be deeper than 1?

Assuming you likewise doubled your power, you'd get about a 6db gain.....which yes, would mean more output at lower frequencies (more deeper bass)

skeptikal
12-01-2005, 10:18 PM
i'd like to see you get a 13 cube box in the back of a Jetta....

thadman
12-04-2005, 11:53 PM
I highly doubt I could get a 13 cubic foot box in my jetta you're correct, I was merely stating that my trunk is 13 cubic feet and it could probably house a large box (13 cubic feet is an extremely large for a sedan). Is there anyway to go infinite baffle without permanetley modifying my car?