PDA

View Full Version : KICKER L7/SPL EXPERT - I have a simple box size question

amartin_72
11-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Hey my and my buddy built a box for his Two 15" L7's but the trunk was too small to make the right size box. So we ended up with about a 6 ft box total tuned to about 40hz. The output isnt what we expected (with his Orion 2500D at 1 ohm) it is very loud buit my main question is

Would taking one sub out and putting a blank peice of wood over the opening be louder?

If not should we try to tune differently with the two subs or just make a new big huge box for one of them?
Thanks for the help. Please only resond if you actually know what your talking about i need some professional advice from anyone taht has actually built more than a few random boxes.

nissanrider06
11-30-2005, 05:29 PM
if anything pm polecat, he works for kicker, i think hes on now to

btnhfan
11-30-2005, 05:31 PM
What car, wheres the box facing, are you sure its all sealed up, have you watched the subs move and make sure they are hitting at the same time?

amartin_72
11-30-2005, 11:24 PM
the subs are wired perfectly in paralell but they do seem to hit a little differently, but that may bt eh box design it is slot ported and one woofer is "over" or adjacent to the port more than the other, hard to explain but the port only comes in halfway on the back wall, and the two woofers are on the front wall. I will just make a new sold box for one sub, does anyone have some dimensions that seem to work great with this sub? size tuning and port area needed. thanks

NhustlaR
12-01-2005, 12:44 AM
you gotta chamber the subs #1, and number two, its late at night and ill prolly give you a relevent answer in the morning.