PDA

View Full Version : Someone show me the right way

darkdrake
11-30-2005, 03:32 PM
OK,

im back and ready to do some more work to my install. I have 2 12 inch solo barics l7's powered by a hifonics 1200 watt amp. now i have a few things i need to pick up before i get started on this like a yellowtop battery, a bigger gauge power wire and a new fuse holder....but anyway.

i want to set up a false floor. in the back of my cavy and install my amp capacitor and crossover under plexiglass. i want to keep my box i have now though... and ive never really made anything like this myself so im sure it will be a project.

so what all is involved in this type of project. what tools should i use for the job, materials, and how do i secure and stabelize the platform after its made. im not a woodworker at all and this will be my first project like this.

but like i said im just trying to get input right now so thanks for all of you alls help.

ps. if anyone knows anything about where to get fuse holders or how big of a fuse to get. just mesage me. cause im so lost right now.

saywhat?
11-30-2005, 03:36 PM
jigsaw, clamps, straight edge and razer blade. thats about all u other than glue and screws.........

1. cut poster board to shape u want.
2. tape down to wood and trace
3. cut out with jig saw
4. cut out plexi window
5. use straight edge and blade to cut the plexi enuff to snap it off
6. make a box to hold ur equipment (cap and all to fit the plexi window.)
7. install.

darkdrake
11-30-2005, 03:54 PM
okay but how about the measurements off the floor (like how hight the new floor will set and shouldnt i use the carpet in the trunk to make my diagrams so that it matches almost perfectly???

darkdrake
11-30-2005, 03:57 PM
i also need to dynamat my car also before i start this so this will be about 3-4 months down the road...

saywhat?
11-30-2005, 04:09 PM
u could use the carpet yet, not a bad idea at all. thats kinda how i did mine, but i threw it out for other reasons. how high depends on how high u want it.

darkdrake
11-30-2005, 04:40 PM
i figured that thats what i would do... i need to start getting measurements i guess... anyone know where i can find some plexi glass?

saywhat?
11-30-2005, 04:41 PM
Home depot has all that you need.

darkdrake
11-30-2005, 05:13 PM
do you know how much price wise?

and do you think lowes would have it also