PDA

View Full Version : New Setup - Pics

stevcha
11-29-2005, 11:38 PM
Well after weeks of debating and traveling to and from Ocala I finally got my new system installed today. Steve and Dwayne from Audionutz did a great job!!! I previously had Rainbow Profis for my frontstage and Diamond D3 Coax in the rear powered by my Arc 4150. My sub was an ID8 installed in the rear deck powered by my Diamond D3 D3400.2. My new setup consists of DLS Iridium 6.3s that are being run passive off of my 4150 which is now bridged to two channels. The tweeters were mounted in the factory a pillars but some cutting was required to get them to fit. The mids were installed in the factory kicks and the 6.5s were mounted in the factory door locations. I also had a new DLS OA10 installed in the rear deck to replace my ID8. My initial impressions are WOW! The tweeters are a lot smoother than my profis and the sub obviously hits a lot deeper. The midbass is alot more pronounced. After the speakers break in Steve will be fine tuning the system for me. Also, if anyone is interested I have my Rainbow Profi's for sale. Check the For Sale section.

Pics:

http://community.webshots.com/album/514491069bIPROG/

Echo42987
11-29-2005, 11:42 PM
Not gonna lie...thats some great SQ equipment you got there...Hows there subs sound? As good as there speakers?

JoseMCeee
11-29-2005, 11:44 PM
**** man u got nothing but the good stuff. Nice. But is that sub in the back free airing?

Chevyaudio
11-29-2005, 11:46 PM
pretty dammn good SQ setup you got there.

ibanezcollector
thats quite a distance from tweet to mid I hope you got some time correction going on.

you running into any trouble with the mids firing towards each other versus a normal kick?

Hows the soundstage? location and width? hows the depth?

Nice equipment

the_flatlander
what kind of car is this in?

stevcha
11-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Thanks for all the comments!! The sub sounds pretty good. Its definitely a big step up from the 8" I had. It is working free air. The mids work really well in the kicks. Steve told me they work great off axis. Right now we have some time delay via my H701. Once everything breaks in Steve is gonna tune everything. The soundstage isn't bad but again it really hasn't been tuned. I'm running everying in a 2001 Maxima.