PDA

View Full Version : tweeter and mids question

saltyreefguy
11-28-2005, 08:40 PM
what are some of the better tweeters and mids out there on the market, i am putting my stereo back in, i had clarion pro audio stuff and wanted to update and change to new and better stuff, i have all ppi amps the old stuff to use. my subs that i have currently are 2 jl audio 12w6's. i might get new subs as well. since it doesn't hurt to put in better stuff. any suggestions, on what speakers, wiring to put in. i like to hear my music with the windows up and not for the outside world to hear.

these are the amps i have and will be using, but not all of them for one system.

1. a204(white art)
2. a300(white art
3. a600.2(black art)
4. a600(black art)
5. pc6600(chrome)
6. a404(black art)
7. a1200.2(white art, process of buying)
8. ppi frx456 crossover

bri487
11-28-2005, 08:54 PM
if i had my choice it would be dynaudio components, but what is your budget?

OlogyAudio
11-28-2005, 09:06 PM
what are some of the better tweeters and mids out there on the market, i am putting my stereo back in, i had clarion pro audio stuff and wanted to update and change to new and better stuff, i have all ppi amps the old stuff to use. my subs that i have currently are 2 jl audio 12w6's. i might get new subs as well. since it doesn't hurt to put in better stuff. any suggestions, on what speakers, wiring to put in. i like to hear my music with the windows up and not for the outside world to hear.

these are the amps i have and will be using, but not all of them for one system.

1. a204(white art)
2. a300(white art
3. a600.2(black art)
4. a600(black art)
5. pc6600(chrome)
6. a404(black art)
7. a1200.2(white art, process of buying)
8. ppi frx456 crossover

Dayton RS and Seas are currently the best values I'd have to say -- there are some nice peerless mids too...

saltyreefguy
11-28-2005, 11:51 PM
i have a descent budget, i spent about 3900 on my last stereo.(which might be small amount to some), when it comes to quality and performance i would rather buy and spend the money to buy the better product, then cry and complain later on. i read so many posts and threads regarding speakers and amps. i guess it comes down to who likes what.

bri487
11-28-2005, 11:57 PM
i would go with zapco in a heartbeat if your budget is open. the reference series is an awesome amp, and the new digital references are insanely cool.

saltyreefguy
11-29-2005, 01:06 AM
well after thinking, i want to use the ppi amps that i have, after hearing these art series amps, i kinda like them alot.

jrouter76
11-29-2005, 01:27 AM
i would go with zapco in a heartbeat if your budget is open. the reference series is an awesome amp, and the new digital references are insanely cool.why those ppi art series are on the same level with the zappcos and I have owned both..and still have 5 art series ppi amps nuff said

bri487
11-29-2005, 02:41 AM
why those ppi art series are on the same level with the zappcos and I have owned both..and still have 5 art series ppi amps nuff said

i dont think so buddy.

jrouter76
11-29-2005, 10:31 AM
i dont think so buddy.I have had both and you are telling me from my past experience that i don`t know what the hell i`m talking about? what have you been smoking...zappco amps are **** good and so are the old art series..PROVE ME WRONG you just pay more for the zappcos that`s all

bri487
11-29-2005, 07:02 PM
I have had both and you are telling me from my past experience that i don`t know what the hell i`m talking about? what have you been smoking...zappco amps are **** good and so are the old art series..PROVE ME WRONG you just pay more for the zappcos that`s all

i have had two ppi amps bad out of the box, not going there again. that accent mark isnt an apostraphe either. no ppi will ever become half as bad *** as the reference digitals (all digitally setup with time alignment and 10 band eq per channel)

bri487
11-29-2005, 07:02 PM
and it's zapco, not zappco. i think you once had the knock off flea market version of the c2k series.

squeak9798
11-29-2005, 07:05 PM
i have had two ppi amps bad out of the box, not going there again. that accent mark isnt an apostraphe either. no ppi will ever become half as bad *** as the reference digitals (all digitally setup with time alignment and 10 band eq per channel)

You can have your opinion, and he can have his.

Quite arguing about it. Neither of you are right, and neither of you are wrong.

bri487
11-29-2005, 11:01 PM
You can have your opinion, and he can have his.

Quite arguing about it. Neither of you are right, and neither of you are wrong.

so hypocritical.....

ngsm13
11-29-2005, 11:09 PM
so hypocritical.....

He's talking about the PPI Art series n00bx. They are at least on par with Zapco...on par or better than the reference series.

NG

bikejunkie223
11-30-2005, 01:55 AM
With your budget and those PPI amps (nice old school gear right there!) I would Definetley go with Dynaudio components- they sound silly-wonderful. If you want to spend less and still get awesome sound, I recomend Dls Iridiums, or the UP6's- both are fantastic, with UP6's costing roughly half what Dynaudios cost and having 75% of the performance. My $0.02
- I like Zapco amps too, and would have bought Reference amps if I hadn't stumbled on my xtant for free. I also love the older PPi amps- they were ****** back in the day, and the older amps are still awesome, though I don't think too much of thier current amps. If I could do it over, I'd probably buy Dls Ultimate amps.

bri487
11-30-2005, 03:35 PM
He's talking about the PPI Art series n00bx. They are at least on par with Zapco...on par or better than the reference series.

NG

been there done that. have one art series laying in the closet as junk.

jrouter76
11-30-2005, 04:17 PM
been there done that. have one art series laying in the closet as junk.so your telling me that the old ppi art series amps are junk? and are not not on level with theZAPPCO amps ...i LIKE YOUR ALARM,I have a prestige alarm very good and reliable.

bri487
11-30-2005, 04:54 PM
so your telling me that the old ppi art series amps are junk? and are not not on level with theZAPPCO amps ...i LIKE YOUR ALARM,I have a prestige alarm very good and reliable.

i actually am getting a compustar alarm, but i have had two aps-996's, one on the cobra and one on my truck. my ppi art series is junk. i have had two of them. one of them was replaced by a c2k 6.0, and the other doesnt seem to want to work right. when seeing connected to a power source, it goes into protection mode.