PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious SPL Stories post here!

Bumpin' Yota
11-28-2005, 12:40 PM
ok ive decided to start a funny thread here...lol

2 days ago a guy is having us install a jensen flip out tv in his 2nd gen toyota pickup. (You know the pickup with the exact same front end as the 2nd gen 4runner) Normally Im very cool towards other toyota owners... Anyhow as I begin work on this dudes truck, I pull out the old Panasonic phantom hu and immediately notice that the asshat didnt bother buying vehicle specific wiring harnesses, so I did a proper hard wire for him.... Also mind you in a toyota it's iso mounted, this means that the unit has 4 bolts anchoring it to 2 brackets and each bracket has 2 bolts bolting it into the dash. Well he lost those as well and had some bobo cheezy dash kit holding the old radio and honestly it didnt fit. Well I took that to the bench grinder and got it to fit. Then there isnt enough room behind the face for the radio to slide into its cage, so I do a little more custom magic to install it. Finally it's in but the bobo dash kit + the jensen's trim bezel + the dash bezel is making the screen hard to slide in and out....

At this point Im at my whit's end.... Im sick, the retard who owns this truck thinks he knows how to install but doesnt, the truck is fighting, the unit is fighting me, etc...

To make matters worse as im making repeated trips to the bench grinder with the Jensen's trim bezel the owner (about 16) decides its a good time to sit in the passenger seat and play with the unit!! I tolerate this hopeing for a tip...

As I am reassembling his dash for the 8th time he begins telling me about how he had an INSANELY LOUD system in his extended cab truck. Something about 4 infinity refrence 12s... My respsonse was, "cool." and I kept working. He then offered up that he had hit a 155 at a show when he competed with it. Again, my terse response was "cool." and I kept working. He then starts telling me about how his buddy hits 158 and competes....blah blah blah. I again being unimpressed say "cool." and go back to working on his godforsaken truck...

He then asks me if I have a system in my truck, to which I say yes and continue working. He then asks in a condescending tone, "what 2 10s?" with a smart *** smirk. I stop look him in the eye and said, "No I have 2 digital designs 9915s, have over 9,000 watts rms, I compete, have been to db drag world finals, and know a thing or two about getting loud...

He didnt utter another word...lol I got the jensen working and installed cleanly and he left.

This is why I hate people in general...lol

2 more stories coming in due time...;)

kuijo
11-28-2005, 12:45 PM
thats funny, i would have personally gone the route of, ya its just a little system.. not much power. Then had him sit in it until his ears bleed.

skadude016
11-28-2005, 12:50 PM
thats funny, i would have personally gone the route of, ya its just a little system.. not much power. Then had him sit in it until his ears bleed.
ya and totally own that little prick lol! Btw love the story lol

Bumpin' Yota
11-28-2005, 12:52 PM
hehehe usually i wont even say a word and just let them be...hehe But every so often the stars align and ill get a good story...hehehe

kuijo
11-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Ramos always has some funny stories, but i don't see him on.

prioracy
11-28-2005, 01:05 PM
lol that was good, i had a recent one during the Black friday rush, i was in the BOOM room lookin at a HU for the woman. This guy was in their with his boys showing off the subs he just bough, he put a cd in and was turning it up telling his boys that it hits harder than no other, so the smart *** i am i respond on saying that aint shizz, then he replies in an pissed off mood saying oh its WAY louder in my car. Then i say ooo what you pushing a whole 500 watts, i doing about 4 times that. I asked him how big of a hole did that burn your pocket..... he pauses, and says he paid about 800 dollars... and i have a grin on my face, then i proceed to say oh i only paid about 700 for my setup and it's 10 times louder than that piece... so he takes his cd out and storms out of the BOOM ROOM, so after My cousin and I are finished shopping the ARSE clowns were out in the parking lot booming his ****, then yells at me saying i told you it's louder in my car and his boys are all laughing so i get in my car pull up next to him and said are you ready.... Put it on Throw it up and turned it up, then he tried to turn his up and it cuts off. He started cursing and yelling and mine was even at the loudest it could go, he drives off to the back of the roadshop to get it fixed i guess, but my cousin and i couldn't stop laughing... it made my day even though i got 2 hours of sleep..

oh he was showing off the polk subs in the prefab box, 45hz box for teh win!

Chevyaudio
11-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Ive got a decent one...Ok the other night I was at a party with some fraternity brothers, and I know one of these guys has some kind of subwoofers in his truck, so I casually ask him what he has...BIG MISTAKE. Well he proceeds to go on for about 5 minutes about his 2 eclipse 6000 series 10's and his "special" box. Well some dumb kid asked him how was his system so loud (really isnt) and the guy said its because of my box, he said, "I have a 300 dollar box, see its a pro box, and its covered with that spray on bedliner material that what makes it so loud". So after I stop laughing inside, I ask a friend to drive me to my truck, so i can bring it to the party. So about 20 min later I show up back at the party with my truckand this guy is still talking to some people about how loud his system is. and he makes the mistake of calling me out. Normally ill just brush off a compitiion like this, but for some reason I felt invinceble. So we get a non discriminating judge to sit in both of our vehicles and listen to the same song in both trucks. He goes first and the judge (a girl) said dammn boy thats loud. So then she proceeds to climb up into my truck, I turn on some Young Jeezy, and At first I just let my mid bass and tweeters play, and everyone laughs at me and starts congratulating the other guy.

So I say hold up something is worng. I start pretending to be messing with crossover and eq settings on my HU, When I really just turned the sub output on,and then proceeded to thouroughly woop his ***.

He gets pissed off and decideds that he can still beat me, so he goes and cranks th gains on his amps all the way up, and asks me If I have a CD he can use, I hand him my Test CD and tell him to play track 30...30hz at 0db, needless to say, he is looking for new subs today.

btnhfan
11-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Man I used to hear those all the time at CCity.

One of my coworkers there was saying how great the optima batteries are, that you dont even need an alternator, they just recharge automatically.

Bumpin' Yota
11-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Rewind to August 2nd, 2003. Im in Gainesville, FL at the time attending UF. At this time I had had my new 9915s for about 3 months and had just grabbed 4 mtx 81000'ds to push them and some svr 75s. At this time I had no meter and had minimal play time... This was also the year that the now famous TermLab pressure sensor was debuted. This year was the last for the old, very soft, TL....

Anyhow my teammates (Pure Pressure Audio) are hosting a show at SDP in gainesville. Being the good teammember that I am I arrive early and help out setting up the show. Well all is good and set at about 930 and there are people but no one is qualifying yet.... So I roll in and find my loudest note before qualifying begins. Oddly enough it's 44hz (iirc.) I then say hey ima qualify now. And proceed to let rip on the old TL mic. At the end of the 3 second auditory onslaught I posted a 153.8. No sooner do I shut off the HU then some black dude gets in my face talking *****.

"man you betta gots waaay more den dats!! Ima crush dat numba in da lanes *****!" blah blah blah...

I have no idea who the joker is or what his issue was, nor did I care....in any event I leave the lanes then commence to recharge the batts and level match my amps per mitek instructions.

I emerge from my truck 3 hours later being successful. Now curious to see how our smak talking friend did, I ask my buddy Jim who was running the show. Well low and behold he qualified 2nd from last in my class with a whooping 141.2 or some such number.

The ranking in street B (now street C) read:
1 Steve Nelson 153.8
2. Robbie Claunch 146.7 (iirc)
3. some dude with a 145.1
4. mr smak talker with a 141.2
5. another dude with a 139.7

Well for those familiar with double elim format, the top 3 in this scenario get a bye and advance to semifinals. To fill the last, 4th slot in semifinals, number 4 and 5 have to go at it. Well smack talker pervails with a 141.6 or some such thing...

Now it's me vs some dude with a 145 and yota belchs fourth a 154.7, so I advance to finals. Now its Robbie Clauchs (a bud of mine) vs mr smak talker.

(Now for some background info: Mr Smack talker owns some old blue hoopT caprice with the old LT1 and on 20s. He also had 8 12s in the trunk, which we discovered only after the show was over. Well evidentally he also somehow realized that the faster an alternator spins the more amperage it will put out.)

Well when he goes up against my boy, Robbie, he commences his burp and revvs the poor LT1 sky high... (At this time you were allowed to have your engine running, up to 2000rpm, in street - not anymore today.) Well Jim is motioning for him to not revv it so hight as it has GOT to be eclipsing 8000rpm. He is still revving it when white smoke starts pouring from the exhuast. The spl? 142.5! He finally gets off the gas and the LT1 now has one of the worst bottom end knocks I have ever heard!! Robbie then busts out a 147.9 on him and sends him packing. :D Then its robbie and I in finals and my truck again winningwith a 154.7. hehe

So after all that smack talking the guy has a 4th place out of 5 people, a blownup LT1, and an ooooh soooo impressive 142.5! LOL

ProjectPat06
11-28-2005, 01:43 PM
i was in school one day(highschool) and told someone i just put in my new 15xxx in a 3.8cu box tuned to 33(no one knows what that means anyways) this kid goes, well who gives a ****, ive had my 3 12 kicker comp vrs and im never changing for some brand ive never heard of before that is prolly from vin diesel or something(xxx). i said my 1 sub will **** on ur 3. he laughs and makes me go to the parking lot with him to listen to his truck.. he plays some lil jon and it was a little loud, his prefab box ****** ***, so he goes"i told you that **** pounded" i said come to my car...i put on the same lil jon **** he had on and turned my gain up a lil(i had to) and when the bass hit he reached for the volume knob and turned it down, and started scratching his nose. i said whats wrong, he said that i was lying and said i had 4 12s in the trunk...i pop the trunk and show him the xxx, now he wants to buy one and have me make him a box,,,i ignore him everytime i see him in school now.

Chevyaudio
11-28-2005, 01:46 PM
At least the people at your highschool run kickers, when i was in highschool everyone but me and a few friends had audiopipe, jensen, and power acoustic.

rocky 59
11-28-2005, 01:58 PM
i love the smak talkers that dont do crap when the spotlight is on them. i have yet to compette in car audio comp.s but i get that alot in the powerlifting meets my school has. a guy says this you do that and then he gets up and doesnt do anything close to what you do and then they make excuses "why" they didnt. is there anything better than that? (besides ***)

Spkrman
11-28-2005, 02:42 PM
A guy around here in a tercel had 2 MTX 9500's and the older mojo... thought he was the loudest man in the world.

Well, he hopped on the TL one day @ steak n shake... pulled a 143.x somewhere past 52hz. Fine, whatever. He wouldn't pop his trunk... because it was such a secret install. Later claims were the trunk was filled with concrete (turned out to be cans on cans of expanding foam), he used "illegal ports" (I still have no idea), and he popped in on his SD page a few months later saying he was doing a 152.5, and did it @ a meca show. I had been to every show last year, and knew better. But what the hell, maybe he went to a show I missed, and maybe he changed some stuff.

I see him at steak n shake... tell him to come over and hop on the meter, show off the 152.5... and he says ok I'm gonna go get my car. I never saw him up there again - lol.

I later found out that he hadn't changed a dam thing, and owed alot of people alot of $... whatever happened with that I dont know.

As far as where that score came from... at the time I metered him @ steak n shake, I was doing ~ a 152.5... coincidence? nah :)

Defconx3
11-28-2005, 06:27 PM
^^^

LOL, have some air leak problems? :laugh:

prioracy
11-28-2005, 06:29 PM
didn't u know that black duct tape adds 1000000000000 dbs!!!:crazy: :laugh:

prioracy
11-28-2005, 07:05 PM
yeah i use to have duct tape on my old setup, i was just being silly....

ngsm13
11-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Some guys came into the Circuit City I work at. I work in sales currently, he walked into our "Thump Room"...they brought in their own CD to demo some stuff out. I let them do their thing...and I stand their just chilling and listening to what they're saying. There are 3 guys, and two of them keep looking back and the 3rd guy and ask him questions...and the chuckle at a few of the setups.

I play along and let them do their thing. Then one of them asks if I have a setup, which I smile to and say, "Well, it's kind of my biggest hobby. I have probably one of the loudest 1sub setups in the tri-state."

Two of the dudes are like, "Wow, that's what our boy does too..." and look back at the third guy. I say, cool. I ask him what he has and he's got a 15" Audiobahn Immortal and a PA 2250d. So then they ask me...

At the time I had my 15MT installed in my SPL pressure box with a Modded MTX1501d on each coil. ;)...the guys bout **** themselves. They knew what RE was, and I was really surprised as well. They had never heard an RE setup tho. I proceeded to them them about my 18XXX, my 15DP, and the SI Mags.

So this turned out to be hilarious in a good way...heh.

NG

negativezeroz
11-28-2005, 08:40 PM
At least the people at your highschool run kickers, when i was in highschool everyone but me and a few friends had audiopipe, jensen, and power acoustic.

people are here just buy Dual, Sony, and such HU's and say "Man I turned the bass all the way up and **** its nice" I always ask why they have the bass "all the way up"..."cuz it sounds the best and gets loud" yeah gets REALLLYYY loud on those paper cone/foam surround sotck 6 1/2" :rolleyes:

everyone was surprised by my old setup..W10GTi that was run by a 601.1....:veryhapp: but ups destroyed it :(

saywhat?
11-28-2005, 08:40 PM
atleast he chose a decent audiobahn.

Mr. Opportunist
11-28-2005, 09:25 PM
i dont gain anything on the subs. but i do gain .5 on the ports i just put it just incase you know you win or lose sometimes by .1 and losing by that much ***** knowing espeacially you probably could have done something.
ive lost by .1 before :( it really sux.

Yeah theres this one kid at my school that has a 13 w7 and he thought he was the loudest kid in the school. I told him i had 1 12" type-r and we could goto the parking lot to justify his statement. He started talking about how much he paid and how jl is the best. Needless to say I now rarely see him in school and everytime i do i ask him when hed like to pull up to my car and he never wants to. I dont know why :eyebrow:

azbass
11-28-2005, 09:29 PM
ok ive decided to start a funny thread here...lol

2 days ago a guy is having us install a jensen flip out tv in his 2nd gen toyota pickup. (You know the pickup with the exact same front end as the 2nd gen 4runner) Normally Im very cool towards other toyota owners... Anyhow as I begin work on this dudes truck, I pull out the old Panasonic phantom hu and immediately notice that the asshat didnt bother buying vehicle specific wiring harnesses, so I did a proper hard wire for him.... Also mind you in a toyota it's iso mounted, this means that the unit has 4 bolts anchoring it to 2 brackets and each bracket has 2 bolts bolting it into the dash. Well he lost those as well and had some bobo cheezy dash kit holding the old radio and honestly it didnt fit. Well I took that to the bench grinder and got it to fit. Then there isnt enough room behind the face for the radio to slide into its cage, so I do a little more custom magic to install it. Finally it's in but the bobo dash kit + the jensen's trim bezel + the dash bezel is making the screen hard to slide in and out....

At this point Im at my whit's end.... Im sick, the retard who owns this truck thinks he knows how to install but doesnt, the truck is fighting, the unit is fighting me, etc...

To make matters worse as im making repeated trips to the bench grinder with the Jensen's trim bezel the owner (about 16) decides its a good time to sit in the passenger seat and play with the unit!! I tolerate this hopeing for a tip...

As I am reassembling his dash for the 8th time he begins telling me about how he had an INSANELY LOUD system in his extended cab truck. Something about 4 infinity refrence 12s... My respsonse was, "cool." and I kept working. He then offered up that he had hit a 155 at a show when he competed with it. Again, my terse response was "cool." and I kept working. He then starts telling me about how his buddy hits 158 and competes....blah blah blah. I again being unimpressed say "cool." and go back to working on his godforsaken truck...

He then asks me if I have a system in my truck, to which I say yes and continue working. He then asks in a condescending tone, "what 2 10s?" with a smart *** smirk. I stop look him in the eye and said, "No I have 2 digital designs 9915s, have over 9,000 watts rms, I compete, have been to db drag world finals, and know a thing or two about getting loud...

He didnt utter another word...lol I got the jensen working and installed cleanly and he left.

This is why I hate people in general...lol

2 more stories coming in due time...;)

and we just LOVE doing that everyday, because its our job :)

Bumpin' Yota
11-28-2005, 11:02 PM
man this are some funny funny stories but yota i only got 10s right now :( dont bash them hahahahahahah

http://usera.imagecave.com/subingncali/100_0938-copy.jpg

why would I rip on 10s? Particularly THOSE 10s! lol I know you are knocking on, or are above, a 150 legal...;)

TooLowTooGo
11-29-2005, 04:02 PM
ok this story is kinda funny but pissed me off at how stupid this guy is and how he tried to install this himself n ****ed up such a nice truck!!!
I would have gotten more pics if i wasnt working on this POS for such a long time trying to fix his mistakes.

heres 2 pics
2004 escalade riding on 24" foose rims
dont mind the pics they were takin wit my ****** camera fone
http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20051129/11/8/d/f/8df8fcb779da67f894670af614d59de2200511290_full.jpg
http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20051129/11/8/1/1/8112959fa7b93ce9ebf66cd3f67751c8200511290_full.jpg

any way it starts out nice. he rolls up with his 24's. NICE NICE TRUCK! i open up the back door to witness wires just everywhere:uhoh:
he tells me that his amp will not power on his subs, he knows the amp works fine cause he hooked it up in his boys car and it runs fine.
so i wonder what subs he has. i flip down the back part of the seat to reveal (2) 12" W3's in a custom enclosure that is so nice almost made me ***.. haha. I asked him who did the enclosure, he tells me he did.:laugh:
n e way so i flip the bottom seat up to reveal a Rockford 8002??? i ask him y he doesnt get a JL amp. he tells me there to much money? hellooooooooo ESCALADE 24's!!!! I ask him who did the install. he said him and his friends install all the time. while im thinking in my head DONT COME NEAR MY TRUCK MAN!:crazy:
I start to look at the wiring and notice things that were quite funny.
he has his ground ran to the seat. but the bolt was to big so he cut it off. and wraped it aroun...
the power wire was attached to a Distro block with atleast 7ft of 8guage on it to the amp.
the ground was the same way aswell. 4guage to 8guage.
the turn on was the one that comes ont he RCA's
and all the wires were cut so far back and put into the amp that they were touching eachother.

i then have him sign paper work and start out.. easy fix turns out it was his ground n turnon ****in it up. I also later find out he poped 3 fuses fromt he wires touching. thats an easy fix
ok now i fix the ground. fix the power wire. onto the turn on...
i ask him where he hooked the turn on to. he said behind the headunit on the remote wire. im like ok weird, cause it doesnt work. now this is where it gets good. he has a double din eclipse touchscreen, nice headunit.
I rip off the dash pieces. and get a drill. i take off the first screw n something hits me in my leg, im like WTF? do the next screw n AGIAN something hits me in the leg:confused: so i look at the floor to find 2 huge nuts? i look at the 3rd and last(yes only 3. lol later found out he custom made it cause CC wouldnt)screw n relize a nut between the screw n the backplate. I then remove the headunit and in its trail comes out the biggest bunch of wires ive ever seen. and im not lying, i dont know how or where they even came from.
I then find the turn on wire. atleast he soldered it.. but umm he soldered it to the power antenea wire;) i fix it all up make it all better. make sure the amp turns on n everything. now time to put the headunit back in.
I struggle with this **** load of wires for atleast 20 misn. finally have him come over, he tells me he has a stradegy... yeah stradegy, he grabes a handful of wires n jams it in there n then jams the unit into place.
then he picks up the nuts n tells me to screw the screws in while he hold up the SPACER:laugh: so i do so.
i test it all out make sure everything works and hes happy.

right when he was leaving i asked him how much the rims were.. he said he payed aroun 8 with tires:crazy:. i ask him agian who did the enclosure, he looks at me n said well i did. i put the subs in:waycrazy:
right when i got him in the truck and he was about to pull away i told him. have a nice day n i hope he learns how to install alittle better next time

nissanrider06
12-01-2005, 08:59 PM
bump for the best thread ever

singlesubsetup
12-01-2005, 11:16 PM
^^^ indeed, some funny stories here <thumbs up>

saywhat?
12-01-2005, 11:18 PM
ok this story is kinda funny but pissed me off at how stupid this guy is and how he tried to install this himself n ****ed up such a nice truck!!!
I would have gotten more pics if i wasnt working on this POS for such a long time trying to fix his mistakes.

heres 2 pics
2004 escalade riding on 24" foose rims
dont mind the pics they were takin wit my ****** camera fone
http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20051129/11/8/d/f/8df8fcb779da67f894670af614d59de2200511290_full.jpg
http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20051129/11/8/1/1/8112959fa7b93ce9ebf66cd3f67751c8200511290_full.jpg

any way it starts out nice. he rolls up with his 24's. NICE NICE TRUCK! i open up the back door to witness wires just everywhere:uhoh:
he tells me that his amp will not power on his subs, he knows the amp works fine cause he hooked it up in his boys car and it runs fine.
so i wonder what subs he has. i flip down the back part of the seat to reveal (2) 12" W3's in a custom enclosure that is so nice almost made me ***.. haha. I asked him who did the enclosure, he tells me he did.:laugh:
n e way so i flip the bottom seat up to reveal a Rockford 8002??? i ask him y he doesnt get a JL amp. he tells me there to much money? hellooooooooo ESCALADE 24's!!!! I ask him who did the install. he said him and his friends install all the time. while im thinking in my head DONT COME NEAR MY TRUCK MAN!:crazy:
I start to look at the wiring and notice things that were quite funny.
he has his ground ran to the seat. but the bolt was to big so he cut it off. and wraped it aroun...
the power wire was attached to a Distro block with atleast 7ft of 8guage on it to the amp.
the ground was the same way aswell. 4guage to 8guage.
the turn on was the one that comes ont he RCA's
and all the wires were cut so far back and put into the amp that they were touching eachother.

i then have him sign paper work and start out.. easy fix turns out it was his ground n turnon ****in it up. I also later find out he poped 3 fuses fromt he wires touching. thats an easy fix
ok now i fix the ground. fix the power wire. onto the turn on...
i ask him where he hooked the turn on to. he said behind the headunit on the remote wire. im like ok weird, cause it doesnt work. now this is where it gets good. he has a double din eclipse touchscreen, nice headunit.
I rip off the dash pieces. and get a drill. i take off the first screw n something hits me in my leg, im like WTF? do the next screw n AGIAN something hits me in the leg:confused: so i look at the floor to find 2 huge nuts? i look at the 3rd and last(yes only 3. lol later found out he custom made it cause CC wouldnt)screw n relize a nut between the screw n the backplate. I then remove the headunit and in its trail comes out the biggest bunch of wires ive ever seen. and im not lying, i dont know how or where they even came from.
I then find the turn on wire. atleast he soldered it.. but umm he soldered it to the power antenea wire;) i fix it all up make it all better. make sure the amp turns on n everything. now time to put the headunit back in.
I struggle with this **** load of wires for atleast 20 misn. finally have him come over, he tells me he has a stradegy... yeah stradegy, he grabes a handful of wires n jams it in there n then jams the unit into place.
then he picks up the nuts n tells me to screw the screws in while he hold up the SPACER:laugh: so i do so.
i test it all out make sure everything works and hes happy.

right when he was leaving i asked him how much the rims were.. he said he payed aroun 8 with tires:crazy:. i ask him agian who did the enclosure, he looks at me n said well i did. i put the subs in:waycrazy:
right when i got him in the truck and he was about to pull away i told him. have a nice day n i hope he learns how to install alittle better next time

wheres the funny?

supa_c
12-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Ramos has PLENTY stories like this.

TooLowTooGo
12-02-2005, 12:24 AM
wheres the funny?

guy has a $50,000 and cant afford a JL amp to match his custom JL enclosure he had made
along with he thinks he knows how to install
and nuts as spacers.

Bumpin' Yota
12-11-2005, 10:35 PM
[story preface]

After the '04 season, I had 109 points and a certified 151.6 legal at both a 2x and a 3x event... However I couldnt go to finals as I had to quit my job and was broke. After literally building a dozen or so boxes and testing them, gaining nothing, then being broke as a skunk REALLY burned me out. And as such I stopped competing and even so much as posting on the forums...

Well on a saturday in september earlier this year I didnt have to go to work, I didnt have a sporting clays shoot, so I figured I'd bring yota out to play for fun to orlando for a 2x event. The entire first half of the day was spent trying to get the **** system to play for 4 seconds straight without skipping... Did a 149.4 with an amp jumping into protect in the final round. Still won.

With state finals 2 weeks away I figured I'd mess with the system to see if I could get her back to the old numbers of last year (151.6) In the totality of 4 days of testing I couldnt get over a '50...:(

[/story preface]

Florida State Finals rolls around with me getting ready to qualify wondering just what my system would do... Around me there were 3 cars threatening in street C! This combined with my 9.0s PMS'ing on me, to say I was nervous would be an understatement! I came in and with a sigh of relief qualified with the steady 149.4. To my surprise, by the end of qualifying, I was leading street C by a good 3.5dB or so! (The next guy had a 144 and change.)

I recharged my batts using my HO alternator (www.hoalternators.com). And while I was doing that I talked to some more seasoned competitors than myself about the early head to head rounds when your oponent doesnt stand a chance...

In the first bracket, I'm seeded against a fellow who qualified with a 138.9. He did the same number against me. I decided to turn it down 5 clicks from my qual score so as to not stress the PMS'ing 9.0's. And in doing so I turned in a 143 and change. Interestingly enough the guy who qualified with a 144 saw this and got all excited with a few whoops and hollers as he did not know that I had turned it down. He beat the guy in his bracket by a few db and was then going against me in the final round.

(For those not familiar with this format of competition, when you both tell the judge you are ready, you both have ONLY 30 seconds to put up your number.)

With a nervous anticipation of the auditory onslaught about to commence, I give Dave, the head judge, the "thumbs up" indicating my preparation was complete. My opponent did the same with an equal amout of nervous anticipation of not knowing what number I'd put up. With the deftness typical of machines the computer took over the rest:

READY!
SET!
GO!!!

As the 30 second countdown begins I just look down at my cd player through the top of the windshield as if I were trying to burp the system. (I lay on my roof when I burp the system) With the clock now down to 25 seconds I acted like something was wrong. At 20 seconds left my opponent gleefully burps thinking he has me due to system issues. He puts up a low 145 to my surprise. I look down, recheck that the volume is where it's supposed to be (5th time now) then wait till the clock is down to 10 seconds left... I press the pause button and wait in anticipation of yota's hellish roar...at 9 seconds the 9.0 on the richter begins! At 8 seconds on the clock, I note with glee that my spl is at 149.4. On a whim I dont repause it. Instead I keep her running. At 6 seconds on the clock the one squirrely amp decides it wants to come back online - when it does my spl jumps back to the old days of 151.6!!

I repause with 5 seconds left, then turn to see what my opponent does. (The typical response is to reburp with everything they've got.) He turned it off and said "im done."

Now this opponent is a good guy imo, however he did learn a lesson. All is not as it appears and do not laugh at someone for having system issues! :D

i3abyjay25
12-11-2005, 10:58 PM
i was at a show about 2 years ago..theirs was this suburban up in the lane about to get started w/ his run..this was a nice sub, had (12) 12's in it, hydraulics, nice paint, all the works...anyways, thier was a guy behind him who was next to make his run and i guess he was making adjustments w. his HU and didnt realize he was actually rolling foward. well he ended up hitting the sub and scratchin the paint up a lil...i guess you could say together, they were the loudest of the day...

theCybe
12-11-2005, 11:04 PM
My roomate's cousin showed up tonight in an 05 Neon with vinyls stuck on it (read: not clearcoated over.)

In the trunk, two 10" Digital Audios - with Silicon smeared all over them.

I didn't ask.

MegaHurtz
12-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Saw a guy fall through the rear window of a hatchback earlier this year... buddy was holding the guys window during his run and half way through, CRACK he falls through.

This is the owner of the car, not the guy who went through. Anybody recognize him?

http://www.2k4civic.com/albums/carshows/hzemall/images/DSC00315.jpg

Luckily it was a "short" 9 hour drive home, but this replacement window was made up on the fly and turned out real nice

http://www.2k4civic.com/albums/carshows/hzemall/images/DSC00332.jpg

Incriminator
12-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Best Story of All Time IMHO.....lol

I went into Best Buy 3 weeks ago, I needed an adaptor for a radio I was hooking up because the normal shop I go to was out. I get the adaptor walk up the counter in the car audio department since there was no line and I was in a hurry. The guy says to me, "Cool Incriminator polo, you get that across town when you bought your gear?" just to save time I said, "Yep". While he's checking it out and bagging me up and I'm starting to get my credit card out, he says to me "That Incriminator **** is pretty bad ***, me and my brother are good friends with the owners Nick and Josh they hooked us up with the new Warden's early to let us test them out before they come out." I replied with "Sweet!!, I wish I had connections like that." He then said, "Your total is $12.84 and credit card its is!" Then without warning a look of horror came over his face as he noticed the name on the card....Nicholas Wright....I said, "Thanks man, let me know how them Wardens turn out I plan on getting a few" and then I walked out!!! :)

Nick

ss3079
12-21-2005, 09:06 PM

:2thumbs: :hilariou: :hilariou: :hilariou: :rotflol: :rotflol:

NDMstang65
12-21-2005, 09:08 PM

I went into Best Buy 3 weeks ago, I needed an adaptor for a radio I was hooking up because the normal shop I go to was out. I get the adaptor walk up the counter in the car audio department since there was no line and I was in a hurry. The guy says to me, "Cool Incriminator polo, you get that across town when you bought your gear?" just to save time I said, "Yep". While he's checking it out and bagging me up and I'm starting to get my credit card out, he says to me "That Incriminator **** is pretty bad ***, me and my brother are good friends with the owners Nick and Josh they hooked us up with the new Warden's early to let us test them out before they come out." I replied with "Sweet!!, I wish I had connections like that." He then said, "Your total is $12.84 and credit card its is!" Then without warning a look of horror came over his face as he noticed the name on the card....Nicholas Wright....I said, "Thanks man, let me know how them Wardens turn out I plan on getting a few" and then I walked out!!! :)

Nick

LMFAO

:D :D :D :D :D

i heart best buy

chinny
12-21-2005, 09:11 PM
lol that was a good one.

scottiej
12-21-2005, 10:25 PM

Nick

Nice... While walking around shows I've met a few people that are freinds with that Scottie Johnson guy... they say they help work on the van, etc... The look on their faces when I pull to the lanes in the van is priceless!

Incriminator
12-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Nice... While walking around shows I've met a few people that are freinds with that Scottie Johnson guy... they say they help work on the van, etc... The look on their faces when I pull to the lanes in the van is priceless!

lmao.......I've heard the same stories as well......If you had all the help I hear about....you could built 10 vans.....;)

thunder9500
12-21-2005, 10:35 PM

who's this scottie johnson guy?

LMFAO, that's funny right there.

You game for a January visit to your shop?

kickinaudio
12-21-2005, 10:52 PM
... I press the pause button and wait in anticipation of yota's hellish roar...at 9 seconds the 9.0 on the richter begins! At 8 seconds on the clock, I note with glee that my spl is at 149.4. On a whim I dont repause it. Instead I keep her running. At 6 seconds on the clock the one squirrely amp decides it wants to come back online - when it does my spl jumps back to the old days of 151.6!!

I repause with 5 seconds left, then turn to see what my opponent does. (The typical response is to reburp with everything they've got.) He turned it off and said "im done."

Now this opponent is a good guy imo, however he did learn a lesson. All is not as it appears and do not laugh at someone for having system issues! :D

I was theeeerrre man!!

I borrowed a friends car that had 1 12" sub in the trunk. We sanbagged during qf thinking we'd go again...but I was the only in my class... so now I'm stuck with a 138 on my stats page :( haha. The yota returns in 06!?

MyKuL
12-21-2005, 11:04 PM

Nick

LMAO... OWNED!

davidfre21
12-21-2005, 11:33 PM
i compete with a purple box

InhumanAcura
12-21-2005, 11:48 PM
i compete with a purple box

w/ pink, no tomato polka-dots :laugh: :eek:

TooLowTooGo
12-21-2005, 11:58 PM

Nick

this made me laugh.
I dont know how u kept a straight face, lol.

NDMstang65
12-22-2005, 12:38 AM

..but...but...

i do help when i's around the van :p :D :D..playin' team recone LOL

tottie just too popular :p: :crazy:

Incriminator
12-22-2005, 01:33 AM
this made me laugh.
I dont know how u kept a straight face, lol.

lol, I'm working on pulling a big joke soon once you see it you'll understand how I did it.

Nick

ntense702
12-22-2005, 01:52 AM
after work one night about a year ago a buddy and I decide to have a showdown, I was running one mofo 12 in the proper box, and he was running 2 in a sh!tty prefab box, he bumps his system first and everyone exclaims "he's got you man," so I smile and pop in a cd and let him and his friends sit in my car, the song starts off with about 30 seconds of high bass notes and they all think wtf, and then boom, the lows kick in and their jaws drop along with the 10-15 others watching blatantly agreeing I own this fool.

point being proved: install is everything, gotta have the right box for the sub

TooLowTooGo
12-22-2005, 10:33 AM
not to much of a spl story but i had a guy come in the other day wanting to know why his cap was wining and draining his battery.
He has a Sony 12 powered by a Sony Amp and a rockford cap wich cost him 2bills (the most expensive thing int he system)
I pop the trunk to notice he wired the cap backwards. pos to the neg, neg to the pos.
I coulda squezed him in real quick and charged him some money, but i thought it was better just to tell him cause it made him feel dumbier.

Leave the installs to people who know what there doing:crap:

bamaboy
12-22-2005, 10:53 AM
lol, I'm working on pulling a big joke soon once you see it you'll understand how I did it.

Nick

you need to let us know, so we can laugh before you do it and after :)

i need to ride up north and check out the incriminator shop:naughty:

discounts?

ramos
12-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Not really spl, but car audio related. Earlier this year I was in walmart ( my favorite place on earth :D ) picking up some fleece. To get to the fabric / craft section you have to walk through the automotive section. Every time I go in there, I have to check and see what's sitting on the clearance rack ( hey, you never know ). As I was walking down the aisle toward the head unit display, I noticed to guys of whom one looked very familiar. Didn't think much of it. Proceeded to the clearance rack to check things out. They had 4 rolls of 50' of 12 gauge speaker wire marked down to $4.00 a roll. So I grabbed all four of them.
One of the guys looks over at me and says
Him - Hey man, you gonna put a system in your ride ?
Me - I'm in the process of it, and have allot more work to do still
him - man you need to talk to my boy over here yo. He can install any system in a day.
Me - Wow that's pretty good
Him - He's the best in the valley
Me - Really, can he do glass work as well ?
Him - my boy can do anything, he did his whole ride himself. It's out in the parking lot, you ought to check it out yo.
me - Alright let me pay for this, and I'll check it out.
him- cool yo, we'll be in the parking lot bumpin. You can't miss it
Me- Alright, I'll be just a second
So I go get my fleece head to the register and pay for everything. Then head outside. I heard them bumping away, and it didn't sound half bad actually. As I walked toward the car I was overcome with the feeling of deja-vu. I know I had seen this car somewhere. Just couldn't remember where.

Him- This is my boy Eric. He custom built all of this
Me- Nice to meet you Eric. Can I look ?
Eric - Yeah man, but be care full. I spent allot of time and money on everything.
me- I understand
I looked in the interior and noticed the kick panels first. They were nicely positioned and wrapped in carpet to match the interior. First thought was maybe the guy does have some skills. Interior looked nice.
him - yo man you gotta check out the trunk yo. That's where his skills really shine.
me- cool let's see
So Eric pops the trunk, and I must say I was very impressed. Everything was layed out nicely. All the glass work was painted to match the exterior. Then I noticed the Audio Express plaque on the enclosure.
Me- I thought you did this yourself
Eric - I did, I work at Audio express
Me- wow really
Eric - Yep, been there for a couple of years now.
Considering I owned 50% of this shop until a month or so ago, I found this kind of strange. Really strange considering I myself have done about 99.9% of the glass work that came out of the shop in the past 6 or 7 years. I etched my initials in one corner of the plaques of every one I installed So I proceeded to look closer
and low and behold there in the corner was my initials R.M. I started chuckling at this point
Eric - What's so funny ?
Me- Who's initials are on the plaque there ? It says RM ?
Eric - That's the guy that owns Audio express. I never see him much, all he does is make the money. I do all the work
Me - Oh yeah, what's this guys name ?
Eric - Ray, or Roy something, I never met him before.
Me - Seems like an a$$ hole to put his initials on your work
Eric - He is, but he owns the place. So what can I do ?
Me - Well guys, I gotta get home and work on my car some more.
Eric - here's my name and number. Give me a call if you need some help
Me- Alright, Here's my name and number as well. Maybe we can get together sometime and just shoot the chit sometime.
I gave him my name and the number for the shop. :)

bjfish11
12-22-2005, 12:20 PM
^ thats good!

NDMstang65
12-22-2005, 12:29 PM
funny ramos :)

bamaboy
12-23-2005, 12:11 AM
what was his facial expression? after that

azbass
12-23-2005, 12:21 AM
audio express "home of the one dollar fire wire"

Acidburn
12-23-2005, 12:36 AM
remember that time we went into one and that guy was totally bumpin the Sonys?

ramos
12-23-2005, 01:45 PM

Easy now, the store was not part of the audio express chain. Just had the name for a long time. The store was originally a cb shop. :)

ramos
12-23-2005, 01:46 PM
what was his facial expression? after that

Kind of bewildered. Took him a second to put the initials together with the name I guess :)

ramos
12-23-2005, 01:48 PM

Our store didn't carry sony. Only time we ever had them in the store was for "fun with a wall outlet hour " Or they came out of someones car. :)

azbass
12-24-2005, 11:35 AM
Easy now, the store was not part of the audio express chain. Just had the name for a long time. The store was originally a cb shop. :)

just giving ya a hard time. :)

azbass
12-24-2005, 11:36 AM

and he kept hitting the push buttons for the subs, makeing some kind of beat like a DJ. rofl

Blazin_Jason
12-26-2005, 08:11 PM
I got a little something to add here as well. On christmas had to go to my g/f's grandma's for dinner. Her cousin was there talking to my g/f's brother in law about his system. Brother in law asked the cousin why he had his box in the backseat of his car and not in the trunk. He went onto say that in the trunk it sounded like crap and in the back seat it was much louder. Because in the trunk the amount of air that your trunk has is what acts like a box. So because there isn't as much air in the trunk as the inside of the car, its not as loud. Also his pyramid amp is 2000 watts and inside the car he only needs 1200. But it's still enough to dim his headlights real good. He proceeded to mention a lot of other BS, but I don't remember it all. Mainly he asked the brother in law what size magnets he ran when he had subs in his car before. He got a good ol blank stare for that dumb as question. Trying to say that one could change out magnets at will and the bigger the better. He had 2 12's in a bandpass box, that was mdf and carpeted, with plexi in front and neon!!! He also mentioned that he is really picky with his setup and can adjust his bandpass from his deck for the box. He's a know it all about everything and I didn't even bother talking to him. They must have talked for about 20 mins, with the brother in law just egging him on to see what other stupid ***** he would come up with. I wish I had a tape recorder to remember what else he said. It sure was amusing.

Jason

scottiej
12-27-2005, 02:54 PM

i need to ride up north and check out the incriminator shop:naughty:

discounts?

ha ha.... I guess the big joke is out now huh? :blush:

ngsm13
12-27-2005, 03:48 PM

I knew for about a month and a half or so... ;)

NG

Meka
12-27-2005, 03:51 PM
I knew for about a month and a half or so... ;)

NG
:coolflas::p:

JimJ
12-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Are hilarious SQ stories welcome here too? ;)

Let's just say I know of a certain person that's a high ranking member in a certain competition organization that needs a set of Q-tips before he judges SQ again :)

Not being able to tell the difference between left and right should be something a judge can do, but apparently not...;)

Spkrman
12-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Are hilarious SQ stories welcome here too? ;)

Let's just say I know of a certain person that's a high ranking member in a certain competition organization that needs a set of Q-tips before he judges SQ again :)

Not being able to tell the difference between left and right should be something a judge can do, but apparently not...;)

someone have a grudge? :eek:

JimJ
12-27-2005, 08:32 PM
It wasn't with my install, but someone else may have one :)

Regardless, if that individual judges my setup in the future, I don't know what to expect, heh. Tweets that have been reversed from right to left I would think is easy to pick out, but maybe not :laugh:

vosschs
12-27-2005, 08:40 PM
i was in school one day(highschool) and told someone i just put in my new 15xxx in a 3.8cu box tuned to 33(no one knows what that means anyways) this kid goes, well who gives a ****, ive had my 3 12 kicker comp vrs and im never changing for some brand ive never heard of before that is prolly from vin diesel or something(xxx). i said my 1 sub will **** on ur 3. he laughs and makes me go to the parking lot with him to listen to his truck.. he plays some lil jon and it was a little loud, his prefab box ****** ***, so he goes"i told you that **** pounded" i said come to my car...i put on the same lil jon **** he had on and turned my gain up a lil(i had to) and when the bass hit he reached for the volume knob and turned it down, and started scratching his nose. i said whats wrong, he said that i was lying and said i had 4 12s in the trunk...i pop the trunk and show him the xxx, now he wants to buy one and have me make him a box,,,i ignore him everytime i see him in school now.
yay for the box i made:veryhapp:

imaspaceguy90
12-28-2005, 01:22 AM
Ha lol, this is some funny ****

Nukedsodapop
01-01-2006, 03:17 AM
Bump for one good thread lol

-Blake

JimJ
01-01-2006, 07:03 PM
It's the off season...I'm sure once the major sanctioning orgs start up again in the spring, there will be stories to be had :)

Ali G
01-01-2006, 10:13 PM
I love this thread... I'll give it a shot.

A friend of mine and myself went to a local car meetup and we see a kid there that we work with. We go up to him and he's talking about some street bike he has, my friend asks him what does he normally drive to work. He's like, "That white Neon... you've prolly heard me bangin' when I come in." with a grin on his face. What a goof troop... truth is, I do hear him every time he comes in every day. So, I'm like, "What do you have?"

He's like, "4 tens... two Kicker Comps, and two Sony 10s."

So hard not to laugh... but I managed a quiet, "Nice..."

Dozy_production
01-01-2006, 10:20 PM
nothing too funny, but this kids dad at my school gets sony xplod equipment practically for free. So this kid gets 2 xplods and blows them the next week. By now he has accepted his fate and when leaving early from school will drive in the quad and try to blow his xplods so everyone can hear. he goes through new a new pair every week. I told this story to a bestbuy salesman and the salesman just goes, " that shouldnt be happening, those subs are of da hook!"

Meka
01-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Well, I have a few. One of the good ones was a kid at my school got rearended by one of my buddys trucks one day. He had a 12'' pioneer sub in some craptastic bandpass super wonder box and a legacy 1000"watt" amp and always had a bad trunk rattle. Well he wasbetter now that it dosnt rattle. telling me now that he got rearended theres a big gap in his trunk that he has to stuff towles in but it sounds so much better because the truck dosnt rattle any more. This is a Oldsmobile Achieva with plastic spinners by the way.

imaspaceguy90
01-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Well, I have a few. One of the good ones was a kid at my school got rearended by one of my buddys trucks one day. He had a 12'' pioneer sub in some craptastic bandpass super wonder box and a legacy 1000"watt" amp and always had a bad trunk rattle. Well he wasbetter now that it dosnt rattle. telling me now that he got rearended theres a big gap in his trunk that he has to stuff towles in but it sounds so much better because the truck dosnt rattle any more. This is a Oldsmobile Achieva with plastic spinners by the way.

Any car with plastic spinners deserves to be rear ended

imaspaceguy90
01-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Hah rear ended, Gay = plastic spinners

imaspaceguy90
01-01-2006, 10:53 PM
I crack myself up

imaspaceguy90
01-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Ha, Crack, like gay= butt crack ha funny

imaspaceguy90
01-01-2006, 10:54 PM
sorry still feeling the alchol from 2 nights ago. well actaully tonight cuz i never stopped.

bumpncarstereo
01-02-2006, 10:36 AM
any way ^??

kid i was working with went to mobile dynamics in toronto. but before he left he showed me his ****** system consisted or a pair of sony 10 is a sealed box, and a pair of sony 12's free air, all squeezed into the trunk of a sunfire. no form of crossover for the subs, because what i recall learning was that if you have 2 different size subs (granted they should be in enclosures) that you need some form of crossovers so they dont cancel out. his amps were also sony, along with headunit and other speakers. he wanted to go all sony cause it matched his car. so anyway he spent the 10,000 plus dollars to go to MD (yes it is this much because i was looking to go there. but when they sent me the loan papers i laughed at them, you cant pay the loan off early and it would be cheaper to put it on your CC with the apr that they had) and now he works at CC i talk to him from time to time, but never in depth and when i ask him how his job is going he usually becomes very quite.

another time i was in walmart with a friend, picking up some oil, and a oil filter. and from overe where they have their car stereo stuff i hear some kids talking, and one goes to the other, "YO man, 80 watts will make your $hit bump" i wanted to laugh at them to their face, but everyone starts somewhere right?

_DjScrew_
01-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Hah rear ended, Gay = plastic spinners

my sis had plastic spinners on her '03 nissan sentra =/ i wouldn't ride with her.

Worlddre
01-02-2006, 11:03 AM
well this isnt so much of ann spl storyat it is just hilarious....i went to mobile dynamics (before they raised the price thank god) and there was this guy there who supposedly knew soooo much about everything audio related. he was always trying to correct the instructors and students and generally trying to show how superior to the rest of us he was. so when the week came to work on your own car he pulls up in his beat up Mitsubishi mirage and all this time he had been tellin us about his hot *** system of all rockford stuff cuz rockford is teh greatest. So he pops the trunk to revail a trunk ful of mdf we couldnt see any subs just a bunch of mdf seemingly thrown into his trunk so we are all wondering wth to he comes back and explains to us that he somehow packed 2 15's 2 12's 1 10 and 1 8 in to his trunk he never told us what he was powering them with but immediately we all died laughing then we get into the car to hear this monster only to see 4 6x9's in boxes on the back seat and 5 pairs of tweeters spread throught the pillars of the car...twas the hottest system ive ever seen

Bumpin' Yota
01-02-2006, 11:33 AM
well this isnt so much of ann spl storyat it is just hilarious....i went to mobile dynamics (before they raised the price thank god) and there was this guy there who supposedly knew soooo much about everything audio related. he was always trying to correct the instructors and students and generally trying to show how superior to the rest of us he was. so when the week came to work on your own car he pulls up in his beat up Mitsubishi mirage and all this time he had been tellin us about his hot *** system of all rockford stuff cuz rockford is teh greatest. So he pops the trunk to revail a trunk ful of mdf we couldnt see any subs just a bunch of mdf seemingly thrown into his trunk so we are all wondering wth to he comes back and explains to us that he somehow packed 2 15's 2 12's 1 10 and 1 8 in to his trunk he never told us what he was powering them with but immediately we all died laughing then we get into the car to hear this monster only to see 4 6x9's in boxes on the back seat and 5 pairs of tweeters spread throught the pillars of the car...twas the hottest system ive ever seen

"...only human stupidity and the universe are infinite, and Im unsure of the latter..."
-Albert Einstein

This is why there will be more spl related stories soon...

PV Audio
01-08-2006, 09:26 PM
ttt

86yota
01-08-2006, 09:31 PM
This chick told me her brother had some mexicans rewire his 10" sub to make it a 12" sub.

Ali G
01-09-2006, 08:30 PM
LMAO!!!

GOOD LORD!!! Hahahahhaha!!!

SAG3
01-14-2006, 10:48 PM
This chick told me her brother had some mexicans rewire his 10" sub to make it a 12" sub.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha

LuNaTiC
01-16-2006, 11:26 PM
"YO man, 80 watts will make your $hit bump" i wanted to laugh at them to their face, but everyone starts somewhere right?

It does.. Assuming by bump he means just a little extra kick. But also he could've said it in that tone were he makes it seem like you'll break windows with that power. Then he's wrong.

nissanrider06
01-23-2006, 01:40 AM
bump.....we need some more of these, great thread

bumpncarstereo
01-23-2006, 09:05 AM
It does.. Assuming by bump he means just a little extra kick. But also he could've said it in that tone were he makes it seem like you'll break windows with that power. Then he's wrong.

well he was like BUMPPPPPPPP, as in blowing the windows out of the car down the streat bump, as in making the neighbors the next town over wet the bed... well maybe not he just made it sound like it would make it the loudest thing on earth.

Holty
01-23-2006, 10:26 AM

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the funniest isht i've ever heard in my entire life!

ExtremeODD
02-01-2006, 08:19 AM
hmm I should get 4 of those wallmart 80watt amps, one for each of my componets heh

Towncar
02-01-2006, 10:59 AM
I was at an audioshop not to long ago, and just as I was about to leave a guy that was outside was asking me what I had in the trunk, so I told him, and we were talking awhile about systems. He then insisted to me that he used to have an spl car that was a saturn that he used in some competitions. He said one day he and his friend were just playing around in his car, and he hit 170 while playing music in his car. This was supposedly done with him sitting in the car aswell. He said this really suprised him since its hard to acheive 170dbs while still playing music, and having your components keep up with it. :crazy: I didnt say anything, I just laughed on the inside. :D

loud-n-low
02-01-2006, 01:54 PM
a guy i worked with told me his Jensen 10" was so loud it cracked his tooth

TooLowTooGo
02-01-2006, 02:01 PM
a guy the other day at bestbuy asked me if (2) 10" sony subs will break his back window.. cause he has a friend who has (2) 12" sonys and his window broke due to the loud massive bass they give off from there 1200watt (MAX) amps.

djman37
02-01-2006, 02:03 PM
a guy i worked with told me his Jensen 10" was so loud it cracked his tooth

rotten tooth then.:D

melnlovr911
02-01-2006, 02:16 PM
I think everyone has their "180 db" story. Guy told me his friend drives around all day with concrete doors and roof hitting 183 db. with 2 12" Type r's. I laughed at his face and walked away.

ramos
02-01-2006, 02:53 PM
And yet another, was at bb the other day perusing the open box items. Two youngsters come in and ask the salesman about having an enclosure built for the sub he just got. The salesman told the dude he was going to need another sub otherwise he would not hear all the bass. :eyebrow: Funny thing was, he was standing in front of a single 15" bandpass enclosure. :crazy:

Same salesman but different customer. Customer asked what the best all around box for his subs. The salesman walked him over and pointed at a bandpass sitting on the floor. Told him this bandpass will make any sub 10x louder and sound better while doing it :crap: :)

btnhfan
02-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Maybe it was custom made?

TooLowTooGo
02-02-2006, 03:53 PM
spl dust?

ramos
02-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Maybe it was custom made?

RT logics ;) :)

saywhat?
02-03-2006, 10:30 AM
i was at a small comp in ocala florida once and this girl said that her brother drilled holes in his box to make it louder. i asked "u mean a port hole, to put a pvc pipe through, and have a port right?" she then proceeded to say "no, like 30 1/4 inch holes in the side of his box" i laughed and said "it must have a lot of port noise" lol

NhustlaR
02-03-2006, 11:07 AM
allright im at the local shop over the summer to have them check on my L7's (the cone supports came unepoxied, they didnt know what was wrong with it) so anyways i come bumping in with my sx 15 and when i asked him to check out these subs and that there was something wrong he says "didnt sound like anything is wrong, those kickers pound!" at the time they were in a 1.8 cuft sealed chambered box i made up for them to make sure they worked alright. so after i tell him that the sub i was running was from resonant engineering, not the kickers he says, psht....never heard of that before, must be like the audiobahns. poor quality and dont get loud. and that box you have isnt made for that sub either, theres only like a inch room between the top and bottom of the sub. i proceed to tell him it is a fine box, 3.5 cubes tuned to 35 hz and he tells me, "wow you dont know anything, you need to tune that at like 20 hz to get the maximum out of that" i keep to myself and he says again, "I'd like to hear how ***** this sub is, cant be any better than the RF p2's we have inside, so i put on some bass mekaniks and he walks away, idk got a kick out of me :)

Eldorado
02-03-2006, 11:26 PM
* subscribing

Crown_amps
02-03-2006, 11:53 PM
allright im at the local shop over the summer to have them check on my L7's (the cone supports came unepoxied, they didnt know what was wrong with it) so anyways i come bumping in with my sx 15 and when i asked him to check out these subs and that there was something wrong he says "didnt sound like anything is wrong, those kickers pound!" at the time they were in a 1.8 cuft sealed chambered box i made up for them to make sure they worked alright. so after i tell him that the sub i was running was from resonant engineering, not the kickers he says, psht....never heard of that before, must be like the audiobahns. poor quality and dont get loud. and that box you have isnt made for that sub either, theres only like a inch room between the top and bottom of the sub. i proceed to tell him it is a fine box, 3.5 cubes tuned to 35 hz and he tells me, "wow you dont know anything, you need to tune that at like 20 hz to get the maximum out of that" i keep to myself and he says again, "I'd like to hear how ***** this sub is, cant be any better than the RF p2's we have inside, so i put on some bass mekaniks and he walks away, idk got a kick out of me :)

i love the part where he says ''can't be any louder than the p2's '' :rolleyes: they are sure smart eh and 20 hz lol :eyebrow:

Crown_amps
02-03-2006, 11:58 PM
rotten tooth then.:D

hey come on jensen has some good products like big amp look a like paper weights and big subwoofer look a like paper weights they add style to your pad and you dont have to go to gay *** ikea :D

ajm
02-04-2006, 01:57 AM
Not really an spl story but somewhat funny.

This guy came into work one night and kept on bothering telling me about how he had 3 w6's in one of his cars, 3 9500's in another,eclipse components + head units in both and just on and on with his bs. He also said some other stuff I forgot but was pretty much digging himself a hole. One sec he said he was lookin for something cheap for his wifes car then he said the shop down the road was doing something custom for it and they did all the custom fiberglass work for his 2 cars with the w6's and 9500's. Then about 5 minutes after telling me he had the w6's and 9500s he asked me which I thought were louder because he didnt know. YET if he has them why doesnt he compare for himself. Just stupid bs like that.

Then some guy I work with comes up and tells me that guy you were talkin to came in here last week for an hour and wouldnt leave me alone telling me how he had 3 w7's and 3 9500s and all this eclipse stuff, and he was in here a few days before that talking to ____ telling him how he had such and such stuff. So we laughed about it etc. For the next 3 hours...3 hours no joke. We find this guy standing at a computer over in the computer department looking at mtx's web checking out specs and stuff then comes back and trys to tell us more bs.

A few weeks go by and a guy comes in the store that looks familiar turns out its the same guy!! This time he goes and talks to someone else telling him how he has all this eclipse stuff but wants to know whats better 3 9500's or 3 w7's because hes going to have some custom work done at the shop down the road and is just lookin to know whats better, and as before he ended up saying more stuff that was just digging a hole.

Eldorado
02-04-2006, 02:39 AM
What a tard.
I would take the W6's, hehe

Eldorado
02-04-2006, 02:42 AM
Moral of the story, think before you speak

bumpncarstereo
02-04-2006, 10:21 PM

actually that box was made for that sub. and what shop was this? cause i really dont know any shops around here that arent stupid

ramos
02-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Real quick car audio story.
Friend calls me up, and asked if I could take a look at her brothers system.

Me - Sure what's wrong with it ?
Her - Nothing, he just wants you to see if you can get it too sound any better. He thinks the guy that out it in didn't adjust the amps right or something. He says it should be louder.
Me - Aight send him over.
her - Cool, we are on our way
20 minutes ( 3-4 beers :D ) later they arrive. An older ( large) Nice looking Caddy . Didn't pay attention to the model. She introduced me to her brother yada, yada
ME- so let's hear it
Him- okay
Sounded like a factory system. A little low end but nothing resembling output from a sub.
Him - What do you think ?
Me - Sounds factory
Him- Nah, it sounds better than a factory system. It needs more bass
Me- Buy some subs and an amplifier
Him- I allready have 2 12" dynamic designs.
me- ???? Dynamic designs ???
Him - Yeah, dynamic designs. I bought the car and the system came with it. It looks like flea market stuff. But I think it should get louder than it does with 2 12's even if they are cheap.
Me- What kind of box are they in, and how much power are you pushing them with ?
Him - The one they came in.
Him - I don't know how much power the amps are pushing the subs.
me- Amps ? You have an amp per sub ?
Him - Yep, two amps for the subs and one for everything else.
Me- aiight, something ain't right. Pop the trunk and let's see how everything is adjusted
He pops the trunk and what do I see ?? there sat two almost freakin' new looking DD9512's :omg: In a monstrosity of a ported enclosure. In the floor of the trunk were two big a$$ surfboard looking amps. Fosgate 1501bd's, but they were way too long. Wait a second :eek: holy bat chit batman it's actually four of the bastages. :omg: two per sub. Each pair joined together with a link. Now I definately know something is wrong, if I couldn't tell this stuff was in here. Checked all the amps power lights none were on except the 4 channel running the front. Checked the fuses in the distro blocks looked fine. Quick test with the dmm showed no voltage coming into the distro blocks. Okay let's go pop the hood.
Wow a dual alt set up. :yumyum: I see a 200amp breaker with a couple runs of 1/0 coming off one side, and nothing on the other. Then I see another single fuse holder with 4gauge coming in and 4gauge going out.
Me - There's the problem. You need a lead from the battery to the breaker for your sub amps
Him- I had to replace that wire when I got a new battery for the car. It was too short. It must have fallen off. I got some extra wire under the passenger seat. I'll fix it real quick. It doesn't make much difference though.
Me- Aiight, While your doing that I'm gonna run inside to get a beer real quick I'll be right back.
I run inside take a leak, grab a beer and head outside. I walked up just in time to see him get in the car and turn the key over. All we got was a quick ( and loud ) boom. Then I smelled plastic burning and the subs cut back out. I looked towards the still open hood and saw smoke. He did too evidentally as he turned the car off rather quickly. I walked over to see what had happened
Him- I must have had some stray wires short.
Me- Where's the wire you replaced ?
Him-It must have shorted
I'm puzzled by this, there is nothing but a little tiny shred of burnt wire laying there still smoldering. I look over on the ground and there sit's a roll of 18gauge primary wire.
Me - Is that the wire you used ??
Him- Yeah It's not the right color but it will work. It's only carrying 12 volts :crazy:
After much laughter and a good long discussion. I replaced the lead with a couple pieces of 2/0 I had. And all was well. :)

Chevyaudio
02-06-2006, 04:39 PM
ramos, you by far have the best stories

DaGh0st
02-06-2006, 04:45 PM
wow i would have been like man look at this cheap crap ill give ya 300 bucks for it and well get you a decent system :up2somet:

hahaha J/k sounds like he got a great deal deponding on how much he payed for the car.

rocky 59
02-06-2006, 07:33 PM
ya i would have stole the subs and the alt lol

Slowd N Throwd
02-06-2006, 07:38 PM
some kid said the "kicker in-dash sceens" are better than my clarion

Eldorado
02-06-2006, 08:54 PM
I wouldve said it was junk and bought it from him.
Its amazing what some people have and they have no clue what i can do.
I bet that thing BUMPED when it was working.
The stereo is probably work more than the car

ramos
02-07-2006, 09:23 AM
I wouldve said it was junk and bought it from him.
Its amazing what some people have and they have no clue what i can do.
I bet that thing BUMPED when it was working.
The stereo is probably work more than the car

Holy lord did it :naughty: One of the louder daily drivers I have ever been in. Somebody actually took the time with it as well from the looks of it. The car is extremely well deadened. Wires routed very orderly, enclosure looks well built. Looks to be about 6 cuft maybe a little bigger. No idea about the tuning. But I tell you what. It will knock some stuff off the shelves in the garage, and scare the crap out of the neighbors :D If I was a mean person I could have traded a pair of t1 12's for them :eek: he wants them bad :naughty: Will have to talk with him some more ;) :)

NhustlaR
02-07-2006, 09:34 AM
actually that box was made for that sub. and what shop was this? cause i really dont know any shops around here that arent stupid

ahh install shop? a new kid I think, I asked him for a GLI a week before and he had to get the manager cuz he didnt know what it was....

Eldorado
02-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Holy lord did it :naughty: One of the louder daily drivers I have ever been in. Somebody actually took the time with it as well from the looks of it. The car is extremely well deadened. Wires routed very orderly, enclosure looks well built. Looks to be about 6 cuft maybe a little bigger. No idea about the tuning. But I tell you what. It will knock some stuff off the shelves in the garage, and scare the crap out of the neighbors :D If I was a mean person I could have traded a pair of t1 12's for them :eek: he wants them bad :naughty: Will have to talk with him some more ;) :):up2somet:;)

systembumping
02-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Ive got a decent one...Ok the other night I was at a party with some fraternity brothers, and I know one of these guys has some kind of subwoofers in his truck, so I casually ask him what he has...BIG MISTAKE. Well he proceeds to go on for about 5 minutes about his 2 eclipse 6000 series 10's and his "special" box. Well some dumb kid asked him how was his system so loud (really isnt) and the guy said its because of my box, he said, "I have a 300 dollar box, see its a pro box, and its covered with that spray on bedliner material that what makes it so loud". So after I stop laughing inside, I ask a friend to drive me to my truck, so i can bring it to the party. So about 20 min later I show up back at the party with my truckand this guy is still talking to some people about how loud his system is. and he makes the mistake of calling me out. Normally ill just brush off a compitiion like this, but for some reason I felt invinceble. So we get a non discriminating judge to sit in both of our vehicles and listen to the same song in both trucks. He goes first and the judge (a girl) said dammn boy thats loud. So then she proceeds to climb up into my truck, I turn on some Young Jeezy, and At first I just let my mid bass and tweeters play, and everyone laughs at me and starts congratulating the other guy.

So I say hold up something is worng. I start pretending to be messing with crossover and eq settings on my HU, When I really just turned the sub output on,and then proceeded to thouroughly woop his ***.

He gets pissed off and decideds that he can still beat me, so he goes and cranks th gains on his amps all the way up, and asks me If I have a CD he can use, I hand him my Test CD and tell him to play track 30...30hz at 0db, needless to say, he is looking for new subs today.
That really is funny. I can just picture that happening.

Dozy_production
02-08-2006, 12:43 AM
have you guys ever heard a ignoramus's system and just said hot d@mn how is it better than mine?

Ctminime
02-08-2006, 01:27 AM
ive got a good one.... this kid that i hate and is like a huge wigger rolled up next to me as i was putting the faceplate on my new 9855... well he says nice deck CT what is it pioneer? im like.... no its an alpine also known as u cant afford it... hes like o yeah *****, u cant afford this.... *while he turns up his system" he has a 15" treo in a ****** prefab box from hell... (like seriosly so many subs have been screwed in here i was confident that i could break out a ring from where the screws have basically cut out a new hole)*box from hell* anyway since my hifonics sub amp blew im running an alpine mrd-605 (600 watts) and am running only one of my beloved type rs, (since the amp is only 600 watts and is only 2 ohm stable) as i have to giggle i turn on my one type r in my 2 cf 33hz box and own his 15" needless to say he made excuses...then i look around this **** car to see the ol power wire thru the door and under the fender install speed up trick, and his power wire is just out in plain view this wire looks "******" to him.... kids like these are why i wish i was bigger somtimes just so i could punk him out and then laugh even harder at him than i was at his system haha

ngsm13
02-08-2006, 01:30 AM
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3504/tommyk7sh.jpg

FTW!!!

NG

tommyk90
02-08-2006, 01:36 AM
More Me Ftw!!!!

I <3 Njizzzzzzzzzzum

ramos
02-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Funny to me, I'm building a wicked one right now for a pair of 8's
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/moyerme/3f36ca30.jpg
Self proclaimed, 19 y/o stereo god down the street ( just got a job as an installer at a local hack shop ) Argued with me for about 5 minutes, saying I was going to have tons of port noise because of the way the ports flared. He then went into a rant about how he could build me a ported competition box the right way if I could afford it. Got a chuckle out of me :)

Eldorado
02-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Decware> 19 yr old kid
To bad thats not a competition box....

DaGh0st
02-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Well my bro brought this kid over to see some type r's we had in the closet for sale and says "wow" and starts pushing on the cone to see if there locked up. He asks me a few questions about them like whats there RMS/peak, VC, How long did i use them. thats all good he says. Then i ask him what kinda amp is he gonna use on them hes like well i have a Sony1200 watt amp. So i asked if he had a system before and he starts telling me how he blew 2 12"L5 solobarics with it so im like OK. I was like dont worry man these will take 600w all day.Then it got intresting he told me "well just to be on the safe side i'll have my friend wire them at 2ohms." So i told them that they cant either 4 or 1. "well my friend knows all about wireing subs so he can do it". So i said OK you want them? After he left i just busted a gut laughing i told my brother he'll be comeing back asking for a 1ohm amp:D

ramos
02-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Decware> 19 yr old kid
To bad thats not a competition box....

but then I couldn't afford it though :)

Ctminime
02-09-2006, 12:16 AM
yah dude some kid told me that an mrd-605 alpine could run 2 type rs i told him it would never work.... hes like well they can run fine on 300 a piece and im like yah at 1 ohm.... that amp runs at 2 ohms.... hes like well hook them up i bet u they work... i said i KNOW they wont he bet me 20 bucks it would work..... lets just say i now have more money towards my new amp.... went into protect right away lol

ramos
02-09-2006, 05:06 PM
How about an electrical horror story. One of my younger co-workers approached me today. He wanted me to look over his power wiring he had his friend do for him. So at lunch time we adjourned to the parking lot. Cool ,guy has a tracker almost identical to mine. +1 for him :) Anyway it's pretty fugging cold out so I'm kind of in a hurry. He pops his hood and I see no power wire at all . I'm old but it's kind of hard to miss a big a$$ wire coming from the battery, fuse holder, or somewhere. There was no wire, no fuse holder, no nothing. So I asked if he ran a power wire from the bat. Dude said he did. So I looked closer, I see something wrapped in duct tape trailing off behind the battery. So I investigate a little further to find that his "friend" wired the entire setup ( power & ground ) with 12 gauge speaker wire :eek: So I asked why dude why his Friend used this wire. He said he went to get a wiring kit, and his Friend told him all he would need was a roll of 12 gauge wire. I told him he needed to rip all that chit out. Take it back to his Friend and severely horse whip him with it. Then go buy the amp kit and bring it too work, and I would help him rewire it. :)

P.s. I told him not to pull it out until tomorrow so I could get a pic for you guys. I'll bring my camera to work. :)

Ctminime
02-09-2006, 06:32 PM
haha nice..... ive seen sombody use like 2 speaker wires stripped and duct taped together for a power wire... its sad what some people do...

Captain_Ahab
02-09-2006, 07:03 PM
My friend ran a 10 gauge power wire to his MTX 1501D... I dont know how it made it... When he unhooked the amp, he saw the ends of the 10 gauge wire was melted...

I messed up when I didnt buy that amp for $250 :(...

Eldorado
02-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Yay for pics !
Shure anyone can install an amp,speakers and a H/U but can they do it properly is the real question....
One time i used some speaker wire as a fuse because the stupid fuses kept blowing and another time because i didnt have a distro block so i used a fuse holder and a blown fuse with wire on it

Rattlebrain
02-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Funny to me, I'm building a wicked one right now for a pair of 8's
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/moyerme/3f36ca30.jpg
Self proclaimed, 19 y/o stereo god down the street ( just got a job as an installer at a local hack shop ) Argued with me for about 5 minutes, saying I was going to have tons of port noise because of the way the ports flared. He then went into a rant about how he could build me a ported competition box the right way if I could afford it. Got a chuckle out of me :)
Ive considered building one. Keep me/us posted on how it sounds once its done. Ive built a 10" DBII and it sounded pretty good runnig a cheap sub in it.

Eldorado
02-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Rattlebrain, he has a thread on ssa about it.
Build up and everything
Its called anyone ever sused woofer tester 2 ? or something like that

Rattlebrain
02-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Rattlebrain, he has a thread on ssa about it.
Build up and everything
Its called anyone ever sused woofer tester 2 ? or something like that
I'll go check it out! Thanks

ramos
02-10-2006, 07:55 AM
I'll go check it out! Thanks
THere's one here as well. It's called want to join my cult in the box forum :)

Dozy_production
02-12-2006, 02:40 PM
just went to home depot today to buy some mdf and i was buying the wood dude who worked there said, "you building a box for subs?" i go yes sir, yes i am and then he goes on to explain to me how he had a system with 2 15" visonik subs with an alpine 12" type X. Went on to say how he was giving 1200 watts to each sub with 3 sony amps.

DiabolicalBass
06-15-2006, 03:05 AM
lol that's sad ^^^, just don't understand why he had to throw the 12" in there.

SkwurlyFab
06-16-2006, 06:17 AM
All these stories are great, I love this thread! Here's a recent one of mine:

I was at a party last night and this guy I know had heard about my new setup from a couple people and we started talkin. He's got three 10" type R's in the back of his truck that hit pretty hard supposedly so I gave him some credit from the get go and hope he knows his ****. WRONG MOVE. He was tellin me how he had a buddy with two 12w7's that blew his windshield out every competition he went to and he always got first place cuz he runs all JL. But when he started talking about the special NEW w5's, that's when I got over it and went to get another beer lol.

Eldorado
06-16-2006, 06:54 AM
oh snap..dae got dem dubbyafieves now

supraman1379
06-18-2006, 05:30 PM
I went to a show a while back. Before we all went to tthe show we stopped at the audio shop that was putting it on. There is a dropped Ford Ranger like mine sitting in the parking lot.

I walk over and look in there and see two AudioPipe 15s. They are in a sealed box. I asked the guy what he was hitting. He flat out told me im hitting a 153 on the TL.
So I asked if I could sit in it and listen to it. He said sure. So I get in it and he puts in a bass mekanik song. It get ok loud, but not like mine. I said I think I got you in dbs. He said yea right. And then proceeded to ask me what I had in my truck. I said two CVR 15s tuned to 32hz. He looked at me like I was stupid.
Then he said that he was gonna enter the competition that night. I said ok Ill enter also.

He went first before I did and it turned out he only his a 131.8 on the TL.
Then I made my run and laid down a 146 flat.

The guy would not even look at me anymore. I could tell he was pissed.

I thought it was pretty funny.

TreyE
06-18-2006, 06:25 PM
i have a many a stories of people telling me bullshit...ok backround first: i had 2 12" jl W7s and 2 JL 1000/1's and was the loudest system in my school and pretty much any other school in tampa that i knew of...some stories dont have to do with my system but that was jus to let you know for a couple of them...

Story 1:
I was talking to a kid who knows some about systems and i talk to him alot...so we were talking about systems and whatnot and i jus recently introduced him into the RE world...a couple weeks later he starts talking about naples and this kid he knows up there that has a range rover on 22s and has 4 15" W7s with like 6000 watts...i just played along knowing they dont make 15s just ignoring him...he then later after bein into RE more told me the kid had 4 15" XXX's with 8000 watts...i knew the girl in naples that knew him and i went up there once to do something and met this kid...well the kid ended up having 4 audiobahns and like 1000 watts...i went back and told him that i went up to naples and he said cool then started talking about the kid telling me that same story again and i stopped him and said bro i went up there and saw the system and he doesnt have XXX's and he said oh well he has the 4 15" W7s and i said they dont make 15" W7s and he said oh well i dont remember maybe they were different a different JL line and i said no bro i saw his system he had 4 audiobahns and he said oh they look like W7s...people who bullshit just to sound cool **** me the FVCK OFF err...

Story 2:
Ok well my friends tell everyone about my system because people talk smack about theirs and one day i was at some place with a friend from Jesuit (a highschool up here) and a bunch of other kids from jesuit were there....we went to a kids table and he went to the bathroom and someone started talkin bout systems and one of the kids said yea well i know someone who will kill all your systems and he said yea a kid i know Tony (my name is trey) with 2 W7s will kill you all and i said in what car what amps etc...he said oh yea they are in a blue GMC Envoy(my car) and he has 2 1000/1s (my amps) its sick...note i have never met nor seen this kid in my whole life....we then went outside later that night and i went to leave and turned up my system to get his attention and he looked over and his jaw dropped lol stupid kids

Story 3:
Another friend is telling me about how a guy he knows has 4 18" SoloXs in a van etc and was hitting a 188...i said **** bro thats ****ing loud sarcastically and he didnt catch it but he then proceeded to say yea he hit like a 150 on just his door speakers...omg i was laughin inside for hours

Story 4:
A guy at work was telling me about his tens and how they are soo loud and how he has a 3000 watt amp..i asked him how much he spent he said oh only like 600 bucks....ended up being a legacy 3000 max the red and clear one...and a bandpass with 2 duals in it...wow is all i said...im gunna make him **** himself when i get the MT in in a few days

a couple more stories jus too lazy to type the rest im gunna take a nap lol

Kickerkitty
06-24-2006, 06:20 AM
Ok, I have a short one for you, nothing special but it was funny the way it went down...

So I got a new job and for months I had been casually mentioning when I got something in. First my Pro60's, then my 880PRS, then some new PRS amps, got my car deadened etc...

So after a couple months of this the girl at the front desk whom I know decently tells me about how her boyfriend spent $1000 on the system in her accord, and built it all himself. Saying stuff like, "you really have no idea, ask my friends, it's so loud they can't handle it..." Well, at this point I am interested because $1000 is roughly the cost of mine and I want to know what she has. She can't tell me anything except she thinks it's mostly pioneer.

Well I like pioneer and I am imagining its the SPL line of stuff right? Well after weeks of her asking eventually one day leaving work she tells me I have to demo my system for her friend and boyfriend. We get out to the parking lot and first I make her play hers. i know what's up immediately, she has an older JVC deck, an OLD 12" pioneer IMPP in a small sealed cube in the center of the trunk, a no name couple hundred watt amp, and sony xplod 6x9's.

SO she plays the tootsie roll song and vibrates the back seat a little bit.
I smile when she asks "so do you REALLY think you're louder than that?" in all seriousness. I just told her to grab any CD she wanted and come over to my car.
My setup isn't the bee's knee's, but I am running 1200 watts to two CVR 12's ported to 30hz. 300 watts per side to my Pro60's, off of an epicenter and an 880PRS, but it is a mid 140's system and hers can't be over 130, so there is a huge difference between the two cars right...

Well she hands me Megadeth and I put it in, the two girls start saying things like "wow what a nice deck". I give the epicenter knob a small twist knowing they don't know the difference and going for maximum effect.

Well, when the first song opened up I had it at about volume 50and the wave it threw out would make anyone proud. I saw their faces go from smiling anticipation to "what the ****" in about two seconds flat.

She offered me $200 on the spot for the woofers a minute later. I didn't have the heart to tell her what it would take to get her sound like mine. She sold it all a couple months later.

I will probably never forget the reaction as all of them stood by my open passenger door and felt all of their clothes rippling.

A week later I showed it to one of her other friends and he almost **** his pants when I started setting off car alarms about two hundred feet away, I guess decent systems are hard to find around here...

jesuspunk25
07-11-2006, 06:05 PM
This guy I work with told me about the 12" volfenhag sub he used to have. It was so powerful it unscrewed one of the screws from the box and ****** it into the voice coil. He never has explained why after blowing that one he hasn't bought another.

Another one: A guy that sold my brother some subs (he only bought them to resell them for more lol) told my brother that he could make his sealed box into a ported box by taking the terminal cups out. I think he just wanted to get $10 out of my brother for that box... but there's a chance that he's actually that dumb. I guess I once was... first box I had I drilled holes out and stuck 2 ports out of another box into it. Didn't know anything about port tuning or placement or anything. That still doesn't take away from my love for the terminal cup trick.

supraman1379
07-11-2006, 06:53 PM
I met this guy that worked at the local zaxbys here. My friend actually went to the back door one night and drug him out so he could show us his 150db+ system. SO he gets out there and opens of the doors of the ext cab s10 he has, I look in there, and he has two 12" lightening audio walmart subs. I had to keep from busting out laughing. I think he said the amp was lightening audio also.

So Im like okay. He turns his system on and it sounded like total **** on top of not being anywhere loud. I said you need to sit in my truck. So he comes over and gets in the passenger side. I played some bass mekanik song and his jaw just dropped. He immediately got out and gave me some dirty look like I was stupid for being louder than him. (This was when I had my 2 CVR 12s in my truck). Then he took off back inside mad as a hornet.

But anyways, I was going through the drivethrough there and I saw him talking to his buddies in the back parking lot. So I pull over there and I see him turn his system down. I parked next to him and asked him if he got that Lightening Audio **** out of there. He told me that he had sold it. (after i heard it for a sec and then watched him turn it down. lol) So again I get him to come sit in my truck. But I had the 2 15s now. I put in a bass mekanik cd and played a 42 hz tone and I thought he was going to pass out. He got out, and his eyes were as big as half dollars and his jaw was just hanging down like so......:omg:. So I was backing away and I told him that I would see him around somewhere. He said under his breath that I wasnt good enough to be in his presence with my crappy system. Im like whatever, I just backed away with the system banging and he just looked at me with his dirty look again.

scoupen
07-14-2006, 05:31 PM
I like hearing, "My buddy was sponsored by Kicker last year."

:up2somet:

Then when I tell them I've never heard of them, they are all surprised..........:p:

CBFryman2
07-14-2006, 05:42 PM
I later found out that he hadn't changed a dam thing, and owed alot of people alot of $... whatever happened with that I dont know.

This is freaking ironic...i dont care how old this post is.

PepsiFiend69
07-14-2006, 05:45 PM
yessss i've been looking for this thread.

anyways, i started a new job about 3 weeks back at Do-It-Best's warehouse in Medina Ohio. So i started talking to some of the other employees and of course, the subject of car audio comes up. One of the guys who works there (who is pretty ignorant if you ask me) Ask's me if i have a system in my car, and i say yes of course, and then i go on and tell him what i have and all that other good stuff, so i ask him what he has, and he's like oh, 2 audiobahn 10's. Im like alright that's cool, this dude's like 35 and he's still got some subs even though they're audiobahs. So we talk a little bit more about it, and i mention that i used to have an 18" RE Sx, now this guy seemed pretty educated and legit up untill this point, where he proceeds to say "yeah, i used to have 4 19" Kicker w6's", then trying to be nice i go, "well i thought JL made the w6's, and that ive never seen or heard of a 19" sub", and he's like "no, kicker made them back in 1994, and then JL stole the model #, and so kicker stopped making 19's " at this point im on the verge of not being able to hold in the laughter, and about to slap this dude. So then he (wanting to change the subject) goes "my audiobahn's are for sale.... $600 if you want them" at that point, my jaw just dropped open and i walked away.

It just makes me mad when people lie to try to impress me, i mean im not going to judge you by your system or anything, what you like is what you like, and if it sounds good to you then that's all tha tmatters

I guess im pretty gullable and ignorant looking, because i get lots of stories like this all the time :rolleyes:

CBFryman2
07-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Ok, my story...ummm.

The first of the two fernindina beach dB Drag 1x events in fernindina beach this year im walking around, my first dB Drag show in a while. Im Fancying the Treo Truck that was there and looking at some of the 150-159.9 Bass Race trucks. Keeping my eye on these two CRX's with Team Kicker plastered all over them. Didnt get there in time to see them qualify but they looked pretty loud since looks are inversly proportionate to SPL.

I walk over to look at penecale electronic's show/demo truck and wasnt paying attention to the stand. Well im walking about 15ft from the lanes and its almost the end of qualifying. Some cargo van pulls in and im not really paying attention. Aparently he was trigger happy because as soon as the little asian/electonic/robot voice says "Go...." i almost **** myself. look up at the board and i was just ~10ft from 167.X run which i didnt expect at all and i dont think he had much, if any, deadener.

LoudCrownVic
07-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Not really spl, but car audio related. Earlier this year I was in walmart ( my favorite place on earth :D ) picking up some fleece. To get to the fabric / craft section you have to walk through the automotive section. Every time I go in there, I have to check and see what's sitting on the clearance rack ( hey, you never know ). As I was walking down the aisle toward the head unit display, I noticed to guys of whom one looked very familiar. Didn't think much of it. Proceeded to the clearance rack to check things out. They had 4 rolls of 50' of 12 gauge speaker wire marked down to $4.00 a roll. So I grabbed all four of them.
One of the guys looks over at me and says
Him - Hey man, you gonna put a system in your ride ?
Me - I'm in the process of it, and have allot more work to do still
him - man you need to talk to my boy over here yo. He can install any system in a day.
Me - Wow that's pretty good
Him - He's the best in the valley
Me - Really, can he do glass work as well ?
Him - my boy can do anything, he did his whole ride himself. It's out in the parking lot, you ought to check it out yo.
me - Alright let me pay for this, and I'll check it out.
him- cool yo, we'll be in the parking lot bumpin. You can't miss it
Me- Alright, I'll be just a second
So I go get my fleece head to the register and pay for everything. Then head outside. I heard them bumping away, and it didn't sound half bad actually. As I walked toward the car I was overcome with the feeling of deja-vu. I know I had seen this car somewhere. Just couldn't remember where.

Him- This is my boy Eric. He custom built all of this
Me- Nice to meet you Eric. Can I look ?
Eric - Yeah man, but be care full. I spent allot of time and money on everything.
me- I understand
I looked in the interior and noticed the kick panels first. They were nicely positioned and wrapped in carpet to match the interior. First thought was maybe the guy does have some skills. Interior looked nice.
him - yo man you gotta check out the trunk yo. That's where his skills really shine.
me- cool let's see
So Eric pops the trunk, and I must say I was very impressed. Everything was layed out nicely. All the glass work was painted to match the exterior. Then I noticed the Audio Express plaque on the enclosure.
Me- I thought you did this yourself
Eric - I did, I work at Audio express
Me- wow really
Eric - Yep, been there for a couple of years now.
Considering I owned 50% of this shop until a month or so ago, I found this kind of strange. Really strange considering I myself have done about 99.9% of the glass work that came out of the shop in the past 6 or 7 years. I etched my initials in one corner of the plaques of every one I installed So I proceeded to look closer
and low and behold there in the corner was my initials R.M. I started chuckling at this point
Eric - What's so funny ?
Me- Who's initials are on the plaque there ? It says RM ?
Eric - That's the guy that owns Audio express. I never see him much, all he does is make the money. I do all the work
Me - Oh yeah, what's this guys name ?
Eric - Ray, or Roy something, I never met him before.
Me - Seems like an a$$ hole to put his initials on your work
Eric - He is, but he owns the place. So what can I do ?
Me - Well guys, I gotta get home and work on my car some more.
Eric - here's my name and number. Give me a call if you need some help
Me- Alright, Here's my name and number as well. Maybe we can get together sometime and just shoot the chit sometime.
I gave him my name and the number for the shop. :)

Ramos, you are the MAN! :)

phyphoestilic
08-08-2006, 08:05 AM
revive this pleaSE!!!! the stories are funny :-D

xtremebassjunky
08-12-2006, 08:31 PM
ok...heres an interesting one...

I have some friends that work in a shop by where I live that I usually stop and hang out at for a few days out of the week....in the shop they sell zapco's and treos mostly...and they have been giving treo a good reputation around the city...
well... a while back these two guys come walking in and start talking trash from the get go... "oh well my 2 10" alphasoniks destroy any other sub made, escept for the w7's of course" I sat there with my buddy who was the salesman at the time and just listened for a while... finally the lead idiot says that his 2 10" alphasoniks have 6" of excursion and how any pair of treo 10s would get killed by his system...
I talked with the guy for a while and finally he challenged my setup... my stuff was a pair of mtx 7500's pushed by a zapco that i have had for a while, nothing special but held me over until I got my real toys...anyways he goes outside and blares his stuff...sounds alright...
than he asks me how loud my setup was...i said it was 143 on the TL... I than proceeded to play the same song on my setup...
blew his crap out of the water...
but the stupidity got worse when he said that he could still destroy all treo's...
ok, well i told him to go hear my buddies setup with 2 10" ssi's in it with 1000w....
kid looked like he wanted to cry afterwards....
:laugh:

TooLowTooGo
08-13-2006, 03:37 AM
last show I went to, Carlisle All Truck Nats. I was doing media coverage so I was taking pics of everyones vehicles. I missed some guy talking **** about my system. He stated to my friend and a few other people that I was doing my box all wrong and that I would be lucky to hit a 142. blah blah blah. Very upset I wasnt aroun to talk with him but o well. My box is set up for a DD driver and made that way for reasons (want to get out of SPL with that truck)
Anyway I pulled into the lanes later that day and got my self a 147.3 on the dash sealed up. When I steped out of my vehicle after parking it the guy was walking back to his vehicle. To be a wise *** as I passed by him I said, hmmm was that a 7 or a 2?
He didnt say n e thing, nor did he look at me for the rest of the show.

Word to the wise, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE PEOPLE!

reneeb7363
08-18-2006, 06:13 PM
C'mon guys... it's obvious... the "little guys" measure the size of their paynus by the size of their stereo-- the ones you must watch out for are the quiet guys with that twinkle in their eye and the little smirk in the corner of their mouth.
---can you make my hair stand on end?... hmmm big boy! LOL!!!!

Pyro_By_Nature
08-20-2006, 12:08 AM
I <3 jizzzzzzzzzzum

Must be why your mouth is open.

desertheat
10-28-2006, 08:01 PM
I was called out by a stupid local about 7 years ago at a car audio comp. He told everyone he would whoop my arse period because I had 2 10" subs in my mr2 at the time... Well the mistake he made was he called me out a week before the show hahaha.

Anyways long story short during that week I built an enclosure for two aurasound 18" subs with around 1200rms going to each. Enclosure took up the whole passenger side of the car and the top sub magnet had about 1/4 clearance from the t-top. I showed up, he started talking smack. Rolled down the window and just smiled, His jaw hit the ground, all his buddies laughed at him and he left! Never saw the kid again at any shows hahaha.

AAAAAAA
12-20-2006, 08:16 PM
I use to spend hours playing around with my audio stuff at my girlfriends parents place. One day some older laddy shows up, I suppose she was a friend of the familly.

I go inside to meet her, she was in her 40's and for some reason, since I like car audio, someone mentioned that she liked car audio to and had a system. She offered to show me how loud it could go. For some reason I thought I would get to see something cool.

So I get in her car, she sits down and has this really weird smile on and pumps up the volume. She basically cranks it up to the max and all I can here is snap crackle pop along with some other odd noises. Everything was beeing pushed way to far. I had never heard so much clipping. I didnt say much, she just looked at me and smiled and "grooved" to the beat. Then she showed me the trunk and it was some of those crappy pre-made boxes with pyramid or something like that. Maybe even a crappyer brand. It was horrible. I said nothing, just sort a smiled.

When I returned to the house, people asked me how I found it... I didnt have much to say heh. Talk about akward moments.

I dont think it would have soudned distortion free at regular listening levels.

I hate it when people try to show me how loud whatever stereo it is they have is by making me listen to distortion.... how can they not notice it sounding wrong...

PESteele
12-20-2006, 08:20 PM
i had a girl lay on my box cause the vibration made her horney. No Joke.

SAG3
12-20-2006, 08:30 PM
WTF is horney?

TreyE
03-27-2007, 02:54 PM
had a local shop here "Audio Itch" the owner told me he has never installed anything in his whole entire life all he does is sell things...and said that its not a real amp unless its about $1 a watt like his 1000/1 JLs...wow...also told me that RE was an internet cult and his W7s would beat them anyday

jmanpc
03-27-2007, 03:07 PM
So my girlfriend's best friend's brother is a *******. He's got a Blazer with a pair of 12" CVRs in a prefab ported box on a 1000 max volfenhag amp. This guy thought he was the ****. He thought there wasn't anythig louder out there. He was like "Yeah, my Volfenhag amp is GERMAN! I know it'll do well over a thousand watts. Next, I want to get a 2000 watt amp, but before I do, I have to get plexiglass rear windows, because my windows are limo tinted and they will break easily."

So I sat in his truck, and I was actually surprised at how loud it was. I mean, it wasn't amazing, but it was louder than I expected. So I sit him down in my truck and crank it up... he flinched when the bass hit lol. And that was when I still had a sealed box. *****.

At the time, I was running 3 10" CVRs sealed with a Lightning Audio X1.2000.1D.

95_venger
03-27-2007, 03:39 PM

Nick

this is hands donw one of the best stories!!

prochobo
03-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Me and a friend of mine pulled into a Sonic and we parked and put our order in. Then, a guy in an old Benz pulls up right next to us and tries to crank his ****. It was basically all treble and REALLY annoying.

We were in the car debating on whether or not to "blow him up" (that's what we call it ;) ). Finally, after getting so annoyed, I threw on Hypnotize and let my windows down. I let it play through the first tone and then drop to the lower tone. Halfway through, the Sonic lady comes up and says:

"Can you please not do that anymore, it makes the cameras turn off."

That blew my mind :laugh:

bikinpunk
03-27-2007, 04:47 PM
this is hands donw one of the best stories!!

LMAO!!!!!!

That's awesome. That kid got pwnd!!

type[s5]
03-27-2007, 04:58 PM
ramos, you by far have the best stories

x2! Love this thread. And wow, I didn't expect to find a fellow Ramos here. :)

Chevyaudio
03-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Mr. Nick Wright pwning teh n00bz at best buy.

bikinpunk
03-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Not long stories: Just quick short ones

A month ago I was in Tweeter with a friend helping him pick out a h/u. He wasn't willing to wait and wanted it that day. I studied up on the deck he wanted and went in there with him. I mentioned something about Crutchfield to the salesman, saying that they throw in install accessories and would he be willing to do that. He says "Crutchfield is way higher than us, so they should give you free harnesses". Riiiiiight... That's why your man told me a few days before that you and Crutchfield have the same prices and you do the installs for them? Those guys are stupid.

Go to BB. I'm looking around with my fiance for the heck of it while we wait on her folks who are shopping for a TV. While we're walking around looking at 4-channels I say something about going active with one of the smaller amps. Some dumb azz overheard me and said that 40w (x 4 mind you) wouldn't do anything on a sub...I dont even try to explain to him because it wasn't worth my time, but my fiance chimes in...lmao:
Her: "He's not talking about a subwoofer, he's talking about a 2-way active setup for his tweeter & mid. A subwoofer has nothing to do with an active setup" and I SWEAR TO GOD, rolls her eyes at him. LMAO. I honestly laughed out loud.

Another story of my girl FTW is at a privately owned shop. We're in there, and I ask the owner (the owner) if they have the Alpine processor in. He didn't know what it was and I just said the 5.1 surround sound unit since that's what most salesmen know it as. He says "oh. We don't have it in, but I can get it for you". We negotiate a little, and afterwards he asked me something about me using it to watch movies. My girl answered for me and said "no, he just wants it for an active setup so he can fine tune his crossover points and time correction".

I swear, I don't know where that came from, but I guess all that time I was going on and on and on and on about going active she actually listened.

Other than that, I don't really have any good stories. Just the usual "mine's louder than yours" and me responding with "but it sounds like crap, and mine's louder"...

PS: I love knowing more than the salesmen. It makes me feel oh, so coooool.

Flipx99
03-27-2007, 05:31 PM
That's pretty cool about your girl. The girls I dated don't know a mid from a tweeter.

bikinpunk
03-27-2007, 05:32 PM
lmao your fiance pwned some fools, marry her ASAP

I know...even though as I was typing I realized that she wasn't 100% correct about subwoofer not being active, but hey, how many people are referencing subwoofers when they're talking about active setups? Besides, that idiot didn't know anything.

If there's anything I hate it's random kids trying to give me information when I'm looking around. Stupids, I wouldn't buy crap from those stores anyway. :rolleyes:

bikinpunk
03-27-2007, 05:34 PM
That's pretty cool about your girl. The girls I dated don't know a mid from a tweeter.

She bought my first 4-channel on her own, without any help; even matched the power to my speakers right. And paid up front for my amp & sub. She's really cool. She doesn't like me spending that much $ on it, but she understands, and she lets me ramble on and on about it. She's very smart, and actually did most of my sound deadening on my doors. She asked me why I was doing it to begin with so she learned alot then. I dunno...guess I'm just lucky.

Edit: poor sentence structure.

jmanpc
03-27-2007, 05:35 PM
marry her now.

Benilson09
03-27-2007, 05:36 PM
I know...even though as I was typing I realized that she wasn't 100% correct about subwoofer not being active, but hey, how many people are referencing subwoofers when they're talking about active setups? Besides, that idiot didn't know anything.

If there's anything I hate it's random kids trying to give me information when I'm looking around. Stupids, I wouldn't buy crap from those stores anyway. :rolleyes:

Man, me and my wife need to go into some shops w/ you guys sometime. I love pwning the locals, although I think your girl knows a little more about it than my wife. :laugh:

bikinpunk
03-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Man, me and my wife need to go into some shops w/ you guys sometime. I love pwning the locals, although I think your girl knows a little more about it than my wife. :laugh:

Haha, alright. Let's go into Total Customs. :laugh:

Benilson09
03-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Haha, alright. Let's go into Total Customs. :laugh:

word, have you been to "Latino's" yet??

bikinpunk
03-27-2007, 05:55 PM

Man, NO! I won't step foot in that place. I'm too worried if I go in there they'll strip my car in the parking lot and sell my hubcaps for $5 installed.

On another note: I have a few friends who always say "dude, I bet total customs has it" just to mess with me. I honestly have nothing against that place, it's just funny they always say that to me.

What do you think of it? Any good? (either latino's or TC)

jmanpc
03-27-2007, 05:56 PM

do they specialize in lowriders and impalas with 14" wire rims?

just a hunch

Benilson09
03-27-2007, 06:01 PM

just a hunch

:laugh: Nah, they aren't hispanic either. I'm 1/2 Puerto Rican and the 1st time I went in there the guy started speaking Spanish to me in a strange accent and I just looked at him like wtf are you saying. They are friendly so I don't give them too hard of a time. I go in there occasionally b/c you can haggle w/ them and occasionally get some decent stuff at really low prices. They will not touch my car though, that's for **** sure. That and it looks like an Audiobahn factory outlet/scratch and dent store in there.

bikinpunk
03-27-2007, 06:02 PM

just a hunch

Nope. I think they specialize on anything that's not authorized (see: legal).

:D

jmanpc
03-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Nope. I think they specialize on anything that's not authorized (see: legal).

:D

:laugh:

Benilson09
03-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Man, NO! I won't step foot in that place. I'm too worried if I go in there they'll strip my car in the parking lot and sell my hubcaps for $5 installed.

On another note: I have a few friends who always say "dude, I bet total customs has it" just to mess with me. I honestly have nothing against that place, it's just funny they always say that to me.

What do you think of it? Any good? (either latino's or TC)

I used to buy stuff from Total Customs all the time when they were in priceville, Dewayne would let me watch them install things in my car b4 I new much about it so I could learn. Jake, the present owner is a nice guy, I've heard mixed things about his installations but I have no 1st hand experience of his work and have nothing bad to say about him or his shop. Latino's is a different story, I've fixed about 15 cars that had previously been there and it was not pretty. An ext cab silverado was really bad, they unbolted the back seat, stuck a prefab box under it and sat the seat on top of the box and bolted the seat to the box, the box however was unsecured and the customer had his 2 year old son riding around in his car seat back there for about 2 weeks. Thankfully they did not have an accident in the mean time.

bikinpunk
03-27-2007, 06:09 PM
. An ext cab silverado was really bad, they unbolted the back seat, stuck a prefab box under it and sat the seat on top of the box and bolted the seat to the box, the box however was unsecured

lmao.

I saw that end of your sentence coming before I finished the 5th word. :laugh:

Benilson09
03-27-2007, 06:12 PM
run on sentences > me

That was the worst one iirc. Alot of the others were mainly wiring, ex- cut wiring harness, ground wires mounted the underside of the rear baffle in the trunk, the usual spaghetti, power wires run thru the door jamb etc.

Benilson09
03-27-2007, 06:15 PM
The last time I went in I asked about buying an 880prs from them, I later told him what it is, since he didn't know. He said that he had a Boss unit that would kick it's *** for only $300. :rotflol:

ramos
03-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Ahhh yet another audio related story brought to you by the geniuses at the local Circut chitty .....

I was in the market to buy an eclipse cd7000 . Went to cc to look , cause a friend was in there and said they had all of last years model head units marked down. So I'm standing there looking at all the open box and marked down head units in the case. When I was approcahed by a salesman . He asked if he could help , and I told him I was interested in the eclipse cd7000 . He said he just sold the last one they had , but he had a great deal on the cd5000 . So he pulls out the cd5000 and starts giving me the run down on all the features . Then he got to the time alignment. I asked him to tell me a little more about the time alignment meaning what increments , and how adjustable it was . He then starts explaining to me how time alignment works . " Say you drive a little car. And you want your little car to sound 10 foot wider . Time alignment can make that possible . You just add in 5 foot of delay to each speaker , and your car will sound 10 foot wider " I could only say " wow , it's amazing what they can do with electronics now a days " :)

bikinpunk
03-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Ahhh yet another audio related story brought to you by the geniuses at the local Circut chitty .....

I was in the market to buy an eclipse cd7000 . Went to cc to look , cause a friend was in there and said they had all of last years model head units marked down. So I'm standing there looking at all the open box and marked down head units in the case. When I was approcahed by a salesman . He asked if he could help , and I told him I was interested in the eclipse cd7000 . He said he just sold the last one they had , but he had a great deal on the cd5000 . So he pulls out the cd5000 and starts giving me the run down on all the features . Then he got to the time alignment. I asked him to tell me a little more about the time alignment meaning what increments , and how adjustable it was . He then starts explaining to me how time alignment works . " Say you drive a little car. And you want your little car to sound 10 foot wider . Time alignment can make that possible . You just add in 5 foot of delay to each speaker , and your car will sound 10 foot wider " I could only say " wow , it's amazing what they can do with electronics now a days " :)

lol.

casey87
04-17-2007, 09:01 PM
me and some of my friends were rideing out town in my old pathfinder. my friends phone rings and one of his friends asks do you know of anyone that will run systems for money. well my friend asks me if i know anyone that would run this kid for money. i ask whats he got . he says he has a 15" MTX RFL and two 12" RF T2's. and he wants to run his system for 500 bucks cash on spot. well i tell em to come to wallmarts parking lot and ill run him. my friend tells this kid to come and meet us. well this kid wants to know what i got. i told him a few **** subs (lol) i told him this so he want get nervous and not show. i needed the 500 bucks bad if i would have told him he wouldnt have showed. he pulls up beside us thumping thinking he is the ****. dont get me wrong this kids system was pretty **** loud. anywayz we got out and he shows me the RFL and the T2's. and he was like you ready to get you *** kicked..?? i started laughing and said yea i showed em what i had at the time. 2 15" Virtual Technologies in 7 cube Vented boxes and one 18" MMats Juggernaut he was still a lil cooky thinking that rfl was going to walk all over my juggernaut well i told him i didnt have 500 cash on me but if i lost i would give him my subs and my rackmount amp. well i have the db meter and my labtop with me so i hook everything up in his car well he starts playing your not the same by akon he hits 151.2 he is like beat that . he is like dancing all around the parking lot thinking he had me beat. well we get everything hooked up in my pathfinder and i play the same song. i hit 159.8 he was like **** i thought Rockford fosgate was better than mmats. i was like rockford fosgate new subs are kind of a joke there not even close to what they was a few years back. well the system is starting to pay for itself.

casey87
04-17-2007, 09:01 PM
me and some of my friends were rideing out town in my old pathfinder. my friends phone rings and one of his friends asks do you know of anyone that will run systems for money. well my friend asks me if i know anyone that would run this kid for money. i ask whats he got . he says he has a 15" MTX RFL and two 12" RF T2's. and he wants to run his system for 500 bucks cash on spot. well i tell em to come to wallmarts parking lot and ill run him. my friend tells this kid to come and meet us. well this kid wants to know what i got. i told him a few **** subs (lol) i told him this so he want get nervous and not show. i needed the 500 bucks bad if i would have told him he wouldnt have showed. he pulls up beside us thumping thinking he is the ****. dont get me wrong this kids system was pretty **** loud. anywayz we got out and he shows me the RFL and the T2's. and he was like you ready to get you *** kicked..?? i started laughing and said yea i showed em what i had at the time. 2 15" Virtual Technologies in 7 cube Vented boxes and one 18" MMats Juggernaut he was still a lil cooky thinking that rfl was going to walk all over my juggernaut well i told him i didnt have 500 cash on me but if i lost i would give him my subs and my rackmount amp. well i have the db meter and my labtop with me so i hook everything up in his car well he starts playing your not the same by akon he hits 151.2 he is like beat that . he is like dancing all around the parking lot thinking he had me beat. well we get everything hooked up in my pathfinder and i play the same song. i hit 159.8 he was like **** i thought Rockford fosgate was better than mmats. i was like rockford fosgate new subs are kind of a joke there not even close to what they was a few years back. well the system is starting to pay for itself.

bdawson72
04-17-2007, 09:04 PM

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

casey87
04-17-2007, 09:06 PM
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

yeeeeaaaaa

Trey803
04-17-2007, 09:09 PM
dude having 2 15's and 1 18 just isnt cool

tommyk90
04-17-2007, 09:10 PM

I'm sorry, but :bsflag:

casey87
04-17-2007, 09:14 PM
dude having 2 15's and 1 18 just isnt cool

it was that day. im all kicker now 4 12" L7's same head unit and mid bass's the juggernaut fell appart after i sold it to my friend and the virtual tech's foam surround and spider fell appart and i cant find a recone kit for it. im woundering if a mmats p3 sub recone kit will fit a virtual tech basket?

mikey060
04-17-2007, 09:18 PM
it says old db meter...

even then im with bs

Pyro_By_Nature
06-26-2007, 01:28 AM
Well, they've been bringing DB drag back to this state, which is awesome.But with it will come some n00bs.

This one dude had a pair of CVR's (iirc they were 12's) and a 750.1. Circuit city has been doing these shows, and that's where he got the subs/amp I think.Anyway, he said he's been through 7 or 8 of the loaded boxes.Appearently the coils keep frying.Anyway, his current subs were all kinds of ****ed up (making the DMM jump around like mad). So one of the circuit c ity installers (he was just as dumb as this kid) swaps it out for one off of the floor, working again. He was setting his gains and one other guy told him to let me do it as I walked up.

The way he had them set, was gain/bass boost/crossover pegged.He had an eclipse HU with either 5 or 8v pre-outs.So I set them the best I could by ear.We move the box a little, he pulls up and does a 140.Then he goes and pegs everything again for his last run.Didn't gain one **** thing, I just laughed and figured I wouldn't bother trying to help him any more.

Captain_Ahab
07-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Pyro's story reminds me of the noobs around here. A decent friend of mine was wanting to show me his system Wednesday night. He had one 12" FUBAR in a sealed box, running off of some Terminator 1,000 watt amp.. He had a Pioneer 6700 headunit.. The volume goes to 54, and his sub sounded like it was falling apart at just 20. I checked his settings and gains... Gain was all the way up, as was the bass on the headunit.. He was clipping the hell out of that sub..He was just as proud as could be though. I told him it sounded good not to hurt his feelings.

Everyone around here thinks you are supposed to crank the gain to the max, including bass boost, and the bass on the headunit.It is quite sad.

Fear Of Theive
08-26-2007, 03:05 AM
there sit's a roll of 18gauge primary wire.

oh,i shouldn't be using that for my battery?

kidding.

Fear Of Theive
09-05-2007, 03:04 PM
mk lets get more storys

snoopdan
09-05-2007, 03:06 PM
mk lets get more storys

im sure we can fit supac's mom into one of them :up2somet:

ThatChevyGuy
09-05-2007, 04:57 PM
I was chillin at the spot, a good friend of mine pulls up. I hear him bumping a little bit. I check out wut hes got now, two type r 12's in a turbo bass probox powered by a quote "competition spl 1200w amp". He said when he gets his 3000w spl amp, hes gonna be hitting over 200 db's. I said just be careful man, 201 could kill you. He thought i was dead *** serious.

mfenske
09-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Not necessarily an SPL story but my wife did punk out the lead installer at a shop in the area. They're having a DB Drag event and the shop and a local radio station got together to give away this Camaro. It's a decent looking fiberglass install with a couple Memphis subs, baby Belle, and a Kenwood single DIN video unit.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h112/mfenske/Soundoff&#37;20Photos/DSC01086.jpg
She walks up to the box looks at it and then lightly knocks on the fiberglass and says" Wow, that fiberglass is really thin. Plus, they mounted the subs with Phillips screws. They should have used t-nuts and hex heads or torx. This would be super easy to steal. Maybe I'll come back later with a Phillips screwdriver and a hammer" I think the installer crapped a brick. Have I mentioned I love her?

InhumanAcura
09-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Maybe I'll come back later with a Phillips screwdriver and a hammer" I think the installer crapped a brick. Have I mentioned I love her?

i would have said "yes, please do. I havent shot the AR in a while :)"

spike_e
09-05-2007, 06:57 PM
i would have said "yes, please do. I havent shot the AR in a while :)"
ha x2

icweiner
09-22-2007, 02:51 AM
kid at school said he has a loud stereo and the guy at the shop told him not to play it with the windows rolled up.:laugh: he said he went into a store and his friend turned it up while he was in there and blew the back three windows out of his ext cab truck:suicide: i think he has like 1 15 xplod:laugh:

nate2587
09-22-2007, 03:22 AM

does anyone think this is a bit ironic that he is telling a lie inside a supposedly "funny SPL story"?

Louisiana_CRX
09-22-2007, 08:23 AM
does anyone think this is a bit ironic that he is telling a lie inside a supposedly "funny SPL story"?

LOL

Doingstuffwell
10-01-2007, 01:48 AM
bored so..

im driving down the main road at USF, Tampa campus.. and im playing that addictive "apple Bottom jeans" song...

not even really bumping but the song hits low and hard with the Uberwoofer on 1000 watts.

some black dude hanging out on the wall at the sidewalk motions me to stop, i rolled my window down, and he asks how many subs i have and what kind. i park and open the back and he asks "well wait till you see what i gots man..." and we ride to the parking garage. pops the trunk on a Donk'ed out caprice.. rims, paint, the whole thing..

(4) RE Se15's ... running off (2) MTX1501Ds ...

guy actually had taste.

skadude016
10-01-2007, 11:37 AM
bored so..

im driving down the main road at USF, Tampa campus.. and im playing that addictive "apple Bottom jeans" song...

not even really bumping but the song hits low and hard with the Uberwoofer on 1000 watts.

some black dude hanging out on the wall at the sidewalk motions me to stop, i rolled my window down, and he asks how many subs i have and what kind. i park and open the back and he asks "well wait till you see what i gots man..." and we ride to the parking garage. pops the trunk on a Donk'ed out caprice.. rims, paint, the whole thing..

(4) RE Se15's ... running off (2) MTX1501Ds ...

guy actually had taste.

Stories like that give me hope for the future :)

Doingstuffwell
10-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Saw TreyE talking about Audio Itch here in tampa..

i grew up with the owners nephew so he was ALWAYS having JL **** and always burning it up and getting it replaced. i got into car audio and even with this kids discounts the prices were retarded...

He tells me that he has a 13W3 in a sealed box.. that will 'Kill' my 3HP in 4 cubes ported.

needless to say he looks at my Memphis MClass 1000D old school and asks "whats that".. i tell him "you sell the NEW frame and cover model for $399... you should know that it is".. We hookup HIS Jl 500/1 on a 13w3 in a sealed box.. and IMAGINE THAT... my 3HP on 1000 watts gets louder? He said that he must have "hurt the sub earlier doing the same comparison for someone and its usually louder than that..". he even got his busted *** TL out with a mic hanging off the handle..

loser.

80INCHES
10-01-2007, 03:55 PM
I see him at steak n shake... tell him to come over and hop on the meter, show off the 152.5... and he says ok I'm gonna go get my car. I never saw him up there again - lol.

hmm sounds like u
where r u?
dont u owe folks money as well?
we never seen u again!:cool:

t-rex audio
10-01-2007, 04:05 PM
"not into car audio anymore
the feeling is going very quickly"

whats that about 80?

80INCHES
10-01-2007, 04:28 PM
"not into car audio anymore