PDA

View Full Version : How Much $$$ To Install An Alarm

bigexpo
11-24-2005, 11:03 PM
hey i was lookin into gettin an alarm off the internet and havin someone install it about how much do u think it would cost

M@nJo
11-25-2005, 12:49 AM
i was quoted $250 for just labor to install a viper 791xv (remote start). this was one of the best shops in town and does the best work that ive exp with.

DiamondFanatic
11-25-2005, 12:53 AM
If you have a shop install it it'll probably be around $125 to $175 depending on options and the type of car.

Chevyaudio
11-25-2005, 12:55 AM
Yeah really depends on the type of alarm, and your car. can be anywhere from 125-250

TooLowTooGo
11-25-2005, 12:56 AM
best buy charges aroun 150.
lifetime warranty on the install.

Savstyle
11-25-2005, 01:04 AM
really on all types of alarms?
but then again the installer at my best buy says dual is some of the best stuff on teh market right up there with alpine.lol.Also said interent brands **** becasue if they were better theywould be mainstream lol guy was a jackass, the other seemed really knowlegable tho

Chevyaudio
11-25-2005, 01:06 AM

But will they install what they dont sell??? the thread starter wanted to buy an alarm off the net and get a third party to install it.

DiamondFanatic
11-25-2005, 01:07 AM
I wouldn't let the best buy near me touch my car, they've messed up too many cars. Plus, their lifetime guarantee is worthless if they don't manage to stay in buisness for as long as you own your car. Just my 2 cents.

Chevyaudio
11-25-2005, 01:08 AM
:word:

DiamondFanatic
11-25-2005, 01:08 AM
Best Buy and Circuit City will both install products purchased elsewhere, at least in my area.

Chevyaudio
11-25-2005, 01:09 AM
I didnt know that...hmmm

TooLowTooGo
11-25-2005, 02:18 AM
But will they install what they dont sell??? the thread starter wanted to buy an alarm off the net and get a third party to install it.

the one i work at does. we isntalled a thorx or some weird brand name the other day, lol. we prefer vipers tho.

TooLowTooGo
11-25-2005, 02:22 AM
I wouldn't let the best buy near me touch my car, they've messed up too many cars. Plus, their lifetime guarantee is worthless if they don't manage to stay in buisness for as long as you own your car. Just my 2 cents.

best buy has been aroun for what 40 years.. have u owned a car for 40 years? hold on are u even 40 years old? i didnt think so, lol. ur not even half that age.

the lifetime warranty is like this

for 1 if they **** up ur car, they have insurance claims that get ur car all fixed by an autharized dealer

second if n e thing is wrong with the alarm they will fix it 100% FREE of charge

third if u buy a new car we will remove it from ur last car for FREE and only charge u an install charge for ur new car.

four, all wires must be soldiered. not fast cutting with buttconectors n electrical tape;)

so technicallty its a good deal since they will fix n e thing that gets ****ed up..

Chevyaudio
11-25-2005, 02:29 AM
how much do best buy installers make an hour? Do you make more if you are MECP certified, because I can take the test any time, I bought the Study guide, and It looks easy to pass.

TooLowTooGo
11-25-2005, 02:43 AM
how much do best buy installers make an hour? Do you make more if you are MECP certified, because I can take the test any time, I bought the Study guide, and It looks easy to pass.

depends on experience pretty much.
and u generally make about 1-2 dollas more if u are MECP qualified.
i havent even stared into the book yet. just got the job like a month ago.
but BB sends u for the test for free.

Chevyaudio
11-25-2005, 02:47 AM
yeah, im thinking about working there this summer. The MECP test doesnt look hard at all, Ive taken practice tests online and done well, the only thing that I have limited experience with is Security/remote starts.

TooLowTooGo
11-25-2005, 10:06 AM
yeah, im thinking about working there this summer. The MECP test doesnt look hard at all, Ive taken practice tests online and done well, the only thing that I have limited experience with is Security/remote starts.

lol same with me. also im not book smart.
i have the knowledge to the do things but i need to learn from doing them first hand not from reading from a book.

Fosgate Forever
11-25-2005, 12:15 PM
i just had a viper 791xv installed for about 140 at circuit city