PDA

View Full Version : where to buy horns?

jd_man_90
11-23-2005, 07:20 PM
where can you buy horns and how much would it cost to get a decent set if you are budjet minded. just wondering for possible future upgrades

squeak9798
11-23-2005, 08:20 PM
where can you buy horns and how much would it cost to get a decent set if you are budjet minded. just wondering for possible future upgrades

Depends on which horns you are referring to. Image Dynamics can either be bought at your local dealer or on Sounddomain: http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~b~Image+Dynamics~t~Horn+Loaded+Compressio n+Drivers

Crossfire horns can be picked up at your local dealer.

USD Audio horns can be ordered directly from USD Audio.

However......horns in general aren't for the budget minded individual.

HeatSeeker
11-24-2005, 02:54 AM
What have I started? :uhoh:

Slammed
11-24-2005, 05:41 PM
http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread.php?threadid=122623

he's a close friend of mine...and its a great deal!!

if I didnt have my horns, I wouldve bought this set from him

2 avalanche 18s
11-25-2005, 02:19 AM
I just did find out about horns and still have no clue about them since not too much is talked about them so can someone explain the whole horn deal to me and what's so special about them?

Savstyle
11-25-2005, 02:24 AM
I just did find out about horns and still have no clue about them since not too much is talked about them so can someone explain the whole horn deal to me and what's so special about them?
they get loud and sound extremly good doing, and they get loud with very little power. Downside not teh easiest to mount and are quite expensive(usally)

audiolife
11-25-2005, 02:32 AM
if they fit they are easy to mount. horns disperse sound evenly and with the typical under dash location they are mounted in they stage and image very well. they also play a very broad range -800 hz to 20k (1.2k-20k even for cheapies).

HeatSeeker
11-25-2005, 10:55 PM
If you look around enough, you can easily get a set of horns and midbasses for less than some of the high end component sets.....