PDA

View Full Version : UnPowered Components?

topherchrisb
11-23-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm getting an '02 F150 ext cab very soon. I wanted to start getting some parts for it now so I can have a fun loving weekend of tinkering around. I just ordered a Pioneer 960mp which has the MOSFET 50 X4 setup I think? 22 rms. The problem is I'm going to run new pulleys on it... so I don't want to go overboard with amps. I want a good set of comps that run at a lower power.

I am going to have a box made for under the rear seat eventually, so I'll probably looking for a 3 way amp to keep things simple. I'll get some passive, stock sized (5 x 7) replacements for the rear. I may even start with those, since I'm not as picky about them. I'm looking for an all around sound, I listen to baically everything.

To sum it up... Can anyone make suggestions on the following?
low power components for front (I hope I can get 6.5" in)
5x7 for the rear that run well on HU power
possible 3way amp (to power components and then one sub to go in later)

I'm new to component type speakers but heard they can make some great music. Thanks.

ramos
11-23-2005, 01:39 PM
I don't really have any suggestions for the components themselves. But you might want to look into a five channel amp. You could power components, rear fill, and subs with one amp. :)

Eugenics
11-23-2005, 01:40 PM
x2 on the 5 channel

Bartak1
11-26-2005, 07:18 PM
I say screw the 5 channel amp :) You dont need rear fill in a truck, it just messes with your soundstage. I run abslolutley no back speakers in my Ext. Cab. Ford.
If you REALLY want sound from the back, just stick some 5x7's back there and run them off the HU.

Even with underdrive pulleys, if you got a smaller amp you will be fine. Like 50x2 for the front, and a 300 or so watt amp for a sub-youll be ok.
Most UD pulleys sets come with a smaller alt. pulley to compensate for everything else running smaller.

Yes, you can get 6.5's in the door's too :). You have to trim a little metal, but it's nothing big and life altering :) If you want some pics of my 6.5's in my doors PM me.

j3bus2k3
11-26-2005, 07:32 PM
I'ma hafta agree on ditching the rear fill. A.) I think it will be cheaper and B.) I dont think your going to miss them especially if you use the money you were going to use for the rears and add it to your budjet for the front stage. I have no idea about the amps though. I guess just keep it simple and run a mono or whatnot for the sub(s) and a decent 2 channel for the fronts. As far as components go, I love me MB Quarts. But head over to a Tweeter/Sound Advice whoever and just listen around to what suits you...good luck.