PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on my diy set-up?

purerx7tt
11-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Ok, this setup is going to be run active through the alpine pxa-h701, which receives digital input from the e-mu 0404 soundcard that is in my carputer.

My 2-way setup
LPG 26NA tweets
Seas Excel 5.5" magneisum cone woofer W15CY

Not really sure on crossover points yet, and I definetly need to find a couple threads to guide me in the direction on fine tuning. Anyways let me know what you think of this setup, the woofer needs to have a mounting depth of less than 2.75"(Seas comes in at 2.2) and is going to be ib in my door. Should be around $300 for this setup, im going for all out SQ so please keep that in mind too. Thank you for your time and input!
-Bryan

alphakenny1
11-22-2005, 09:10 PM
looks good. just let us know when you hook up those bad boys us and tell us how they are :).

OlogyAudio
11-23-2005, 11:53 AM
Ok, this setup is going to be run active through the alpine pxa-h701, which receives digital input from the e-mu 0404 soundcard that is in my carputer.

My 2-way setup
LPG 26NA tweets
Seas Excel 5.5" magneisum cone woofer W15CY

Not really sure on crossover points yet, and I definetly need to find a couple threads to guide me in the direction on fine tuning. Anyways let me know what you think of this setup, the woofer needs to have a mounting depth of less than 2.75"(Seas comes in at 2.2) and is going to be ib in my door. Should be around $300 for this setup, im going for all out SQ so please keep that in mind too. Thank you for your time and input!
-Bryan
The LPG wont go low enough to integrate with the excel...
Seas TBFC/TDFC or dayton RS large format tweeters would work...

purerx7tt
11-23-2005, 04:00 PM
are their any tweeters that would work that arent in that large format? I have a realy small car and have no room for a tweeter of such a large diamter, mounting depth is irrelevant though on the tweeters. Thanks again ology I was hoping you would respond!