PDA

View Full Version : DIY Acoustic Panels

thylantyr
11-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Digest this thread, let me know what you think. Perhaps, I'm too cautious or paranoid.

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?p=210794#post210794

Would you use exposed fiberglass panels in your home?

joetama
11-23-2005, 01:49 AM
If your room was ultra ringy, ultra large (like a gym), or you were in a room with all solid floors a couch made of aluminum. Or I guess if you’re just into that sort of thing. But it's a personal taste. It will defiantly cut down on room distortion and secondary character being added from the room.

thylantyr
11-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Would you use exposed fiberglass panels in your home?

To clarify.

Would you use exposed fiberglass panels in your home knowing that those
particles might get airborne because the fiberglass panel you made will have
it semi-exposed to the environment?

I polled some people and there is a 50/50 response. Some people don't
fear it at all, others who work with it think it's nuts.

I'm kinda paranoid about this, imagine your sound room where all the walls will have exposed fiberglass with bass rumbling, perhaps aggitating the material.

yummy :yumyum: :rolleyes:

req
11-23-2005, 12:06 PM
i would find another material that would be suited for that application, that **** is not good to get on your skin, not to mention breathing the particles.

i would prolly use polyfill, and i would have made mine white to match the walls -_-

that tan color is horrendous, i would also have made a smaller "triangular" but taller corner piece instead of the square one. that just looks tacky.

ramos
11-23-2005, 02:03 PM
I don't see grill cloth isolating the fiberglass well enough for my taste. 1/2" drywall = ok 1/32" grill cloth= just doesn't seem safe to me :)

joetama
11-27-2005, 03:35 AM
Well NO, cause there is nothing like breathing a little fiberglass to put holes in you lungs.... Smoking isnt already bad enough for me, all i need is more holes....

UndercoverPunk
11-27-2005, 03:44 AM
Ok, they us that kind of fiberglass to make plenums for your common furnace/AC systems... They wouldn't be able to do that if it wasn't safe...

It's not real loose, like it'll get airborn.... I've messed around with it quite a bit.