PDA

View Full Version : horns?

rocky 59
11-22-2005, 11:39 AM
what kind of sound do they produce? and are they sq or spl? sub. for tweeters?

XtrmAudioCncpts
11-22-2005, 11:41 AM
horns are SQ based. they are made to produce highs but some get lower than other. horns are made to be ran on an equalizer with a strong mid bass. horns are also supposed to produce great imaging in cars...ect ect

rocky 59
11-22-2005, 11:43 AM
i have an eq and some 6.1 perfects. so for my sq would it be a goos investment

squeak9798
11-22-2005, 11:46 AM
what kind of sound do they produce? and are they sq or spl? sub. for tweeters?

They are designed for high sound quality with the ability to get ear piercingly loud using very little power. It will vary horn to horn and depends on the crossover used......but in general they cover the frequency range from around 750hz to 1200hz on up. Some of the larger, more expensive horns can handle lower frequencies better (down to around 750hz), while some of the more budget minded horns don't do well below 1200hz.

There are such things as bass horns, which are designed to handle the subbass frequency range......but I don't think that's what you were referring to.

ramos
11-22-2005, 01:29 PM
You got to take into account the size of the horns and mounting location usually under the dash. Not all cars are horn compatable ( size wise anyway ) :)

squeak9798
11-22-2005, 01:58 PM
You got to take into account the size of the horns and mounting location usually under the dash. Not all cars are horn compatable ( size wise anyway ) :)

With an air saw, and no fear, they can be placed into any vehicle :D ;)

ramos
11-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Okay, I'll give you that one.:D I got tired of people asking me if this sub ( insert size) could fit in ( insert vehicle ). I adopted the motto "If it ain't my vehicle I can make it fit " :D :)

rocky 59
11-22-2005, 02:06 PM
lol nice

2kchevy06civic
11-22-2005, 02:09 PM
I have my horns hooked up, but they are in the floor(i'm working on it, lol) and they are only getting about 1 volt off my amp. They get so loud it's not even funny, however I will say, they need an EQ really badly. lol because they can get pretty harsh, so harsh that you have to turn them down. They are nice to have though :thumbsup:

bikejunkie223
11-22-2005, 03:12 PM
Horns sound awesome...when done right- which means major eq-ing ususally. There is also the trade-off of making them fit, much like kick pods- sound good, but in a lot of cars they can be hard to live with daily. I have only heard a couple sets of horns- 1 really really good, the other really good at exposing holes in the soundstage.