PDA

View Full Version : where to mount tweeters???

RbAudio_Geek
11-22-2005, 09:52 AM
I have got some Rainbow Soundlines and i really need to find a place to mount the tweeters i have been told that it cant be to far form the woofer but how far is to far? And what will that do??

Ayrton
11-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Put some double-sided tape on them, fire them up and try different places in the car. Mount them where they sound best to you.

RbAudio_Geek
11-22-2005, 09:59 AM
so it wont hurt any thing if i mount them far away? I just find a place where it sounds best to me

Darth Audio
11-22-2005, 10:04 AM
The reason you don't want to get too far away is because of phase alignment. It is best to keep it as close as possible to the woofer. But if you are having problems with imaging you can add a second set up higher like the A-pillars.

GSteg
11-22-2005, 11:29 AM
so it wont hurt any thing if i mount them far away? I just find a place where it sounds best to me

You can even mount them up the a-pillars if you want. Some system sounds better when tweeters are mounted far away, sometimes they sound better when close.

Spkrman
11-22-2005, 01:36 PM
I've always preferred A pillar mounting.. but with the mid in the door and tweet @ A pillar you can run into some serious issues. I just hate blocking the tweets with my legs.

bikejunkie223
11-22-2005, 03:23 PM
It's trial and error, my car images just fine with the mid in the door and the tweeter at the top of the door/a-pillar area.