PDA

View Full Version : DLS and Dynaudio

stevcha
11-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Hi Guys! Looking for some opinions on these two sets:

DLS Iridium 6.3
Dynaudio 340

Considering going three way in the near future and wanted to get some input from you guys. I would be running the fronts off an Arc XXK4150 and an Alpine H701 for processing. I heard some DLS 3 ways this past weekend and they all sounded AMAZING. I know a lot of it has to do with the install but I gotta say it left me wanting more out of my frontstage. Thanks in adavnce

alphakenny1
11-21-2005, 08:43 PM
i haven't heard the dynaudios, but i heard a set of iridiums a few weeks ago and it was smoothe as can be. i love the tweeters. i'd love to get a set myself.

btw, nice equipment you got there.

FoxPro5
11-22-2005, 12:35 AM
Hi Guys! Looking for some opinions on these two sets:

DLS Iridium 6.3
Dynaudio 340

Considering going three way in the near future and wanted to get some input from you guys. I would be running the fronts off an Arc XXK4150 and an Alpine H701 for processing. I heard some DLS 3 ways this past weekend and they all sounded AMAZING. I know a lot of it has to do with the install but I gotta say it left me wanting more out of my frontstage. Thanks in adavnce

One word = Install. Sure they are great speakers, both of them really...the Sweede's vs. the Danes...but there is a lot more to it than just plug and play...but it looks like you have a checkbook big enough to make it right if your are running that equipment (jealous :crying: )

bikejunkie223
11-22-2005, 01:34 AM
I haven't really heard the Iridium Comps, but they are more install dependant than the UP6's I have, but I bet they sound amazing. I do have the Iridium Sub and it is freeking awesome. I think the up6's are the best speaker that isn't a Dyne but they are also half the price. Iridiums are closer in price and prob. that much closer in sq. but it's all in the install. My only real concern would be those unpressed paper cones in doors in the pacific northwest- with all the moisture, they scare me a bit. PM Tplaya07 for details on the Dls stuff, he's an authorized dealer on here.

stevcha
11-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Thanks for all the replies!!! I decided to go with the DLS 6.3s. They get put in on Monday so I'll keep you posted.

stevcha
11-22-2005, 05:34 PM
I haven't really heard the Iridium Comps, but they are more install dependant than the UP6's I have, but I bet they sound amazing. I do have the Iridium Sub and it is freeking awesome. I think the up6's are the best speaker that isn't a Dyne but they are also half the price. Iridiums are closer in price and prob. that much closer in sq. but it's all in the install. My only real concern would be those unpressed paper cones in doors in the pacific northwest- with all the moisture, they scare me a bit. PM Tplaya07 for details on the Dls stuff, he's an authorized dealer on here.

Which DLS 10 are you running?

alphakenny1
11-22-2005, 05:37 PM
he says he has the iridium sub.

stevcha
11-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Ooops, didn't see that part of the post. Thanks Kenny!

bikejunkie223
11-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Yeah, the Iridium 10. I also ran the Mw110 for a little while before my Iridium came in and it sounded freeking killer too. I debated on the Iridium and the Ur10, but they are both really similar and I think my dealer said the UR is discontinued as it is basically an Iridium w/ a mag cone (same motor assy and spider) and is only marginally cheaper than the Iridium.

Mir
11-23-2005, 11:36 AM
DLS.. good choice....
i never heard the dyns but dls rocks!!

i have R5s and MW12 sub and theyre amazing

johnecon2001
11-23-2005, 01:11 PM
I woulda gone with the dyn's but thats just MO.

You're going to need more than just the 4150 to run 3-way active FYI. Think about getting a 2100 for the midbass and use the 4150 or even the 4050 for the mids and tweets.

bikejunkie223
11-23-2005, 01:18 PM
DLS.. good choice....
i never heard the dyns but dls rocks!!

i have R5s and MW12 sub and theyre amazing
The MW subs kick ***, even in small sealed boxes they sound awesome.

I woulda gone with the dyn's but thats just MO.
I like Dynaudios better than Dls, but I don't like them twice as much, which is about what they cost.

3.5Max6spd
11-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Iridium 6 i'd pick for midbass, I've heard'm play 50hz quite admirably.

Iridium 3" simply it plays lower- my pick for active as long as plenty of eq available for it and shallow xover slopes
Although the md140's overall i feel have greater
midrange clarity on the critical midrange-ie...pluck of bass, attack on lower piano notes, hardness of voice...

Dyn md100 its simply not as absent, laid back and soft sounding as the Iridium tweet. For the added dynamic and transparency of this tweeter, I'd pick the Dyn set overall.

Either set would make for a happy camper.

req
11-23-2005, 01:55 PM
eaither of these is where i would be looking if i were to use conventional drivers for my frontstage.

but i took it a step further and got horns. now i have to worry about my stage width and left\right clarity. and even moreso - the stage of the lower midbass - its gonna pull down i know it :(

my HLCD's are up there with the dyns tho. so i hope i get to do a comparo someday with my setup and a nice 3 way frontstage too :p:

filtor1
11-23-2005, 01:55 PM
Steve, I must say I am jealous. I need to make a stop down there and have a look see. What are you doing with the Profi's? j/c. I know I couldn't take them right now.

Mir
11-23-2005, 03:08 PM
yes, i have the mw12 in a 1.13cu ported box 4" (47hz )

the kick its very very clean !

the dls have a very good quality/price

stevcha
11-28-2005, 01:50 AM
Steve, I must say I am jealous. I need to make a stop down there and have a look see. What are you doing with the Profi's? j/c. I know I couldn't take them right now.

Chris,

You'll definitely have to check everything out once its installed. The profi's will be up for sale once I get the 6.3s installed. I

filtor1
11-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Will def give you a ring. I can't wait for the demo....:)