PDA

View Full Version : dont know how to power components

cooldudejz
11-20-2005, 09:44 PM
i am very confused on how to power my component set. i dont know whether to use a 2-channel or a 4-channel amp, and how i would use them. say if i had a 2-cahnnel amp that put out 200x2 at 4ohms. if i connected this to the x-over would this blow the speakers if they are rated at 80watts. i mean would the right wattage go to the midrange/tweeter. as you can tell i am very confused any help is greatly appreciated

FoxPro5
11-20-2005, 10:10 PM
i am very confused on how to power my component set. i dont know whether to use a 2-channel or a 4-channel amp, and how i would use them. say if i had a 2-cahnnel amp that put out 200x2 at 4ohms. if i connected this to the x-over would this blow the speakers if they are rated at 80watts. i mean would the right wattage go to the midrange/tweeter. as you can tell i am very confused any help is greatly appreciated

No you won't blow them up and yes the right wattage will go to the right speaker - that's why it called a crossover. :rolleyes: Most likely they came with jumpers that connect the imput on the woofer and the tweeter together...In this case you would just wire your +/- from your amp to the +/- on the woofer connections on the x-over.