PDA

View Full Version : Comps wont fit in stock baffles

duckfart
11-20-2005, 04:39 PM
I just got my Phoenix gold xenon 6.5 comps . I have one problem they dont fit in my stock Integra baffles. I dont have many tools or else I would make my own wood baffle. What can I do to mount them properly?

slain93gsr
11-20-2005, 06:04 PM
is the back of the magnet touching the speaker basket ? depending on how deep your mid drivers are. With the door panel off. take off the actual speaker basket and you can cut the plastic backing on it. it will give you a bit more depth to work with ? its a common issue with honda/acura owners.

i had to do that with mine till i made some 3/4 mdf spacers. night and day difference between the stock flimsy plastic and the mdf spacers

duckfart
11-20-2005, 06:31 PM
I have tons of MDF and a circular saw. But I dont have anything to cut the inside of the ring. any cheap tool under $10 that u guys know that I can use to cut the inside of the ring? I think I'm gonna bust out with some ghetto *** baffle.

Blados
11-20-2005, 06:33 PM
I have tons of MDF and a circular saw. But I dont have anything to cut the inside of the ring. any cheap tool under $10 that u guys know that I can use to cut the inside of the ring? I think I'm gonna bust out with some ghetto *** baffle.
You can get a jigsaw for ~$25, use it once and then return it.

duckfart
11-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Yeah I think I'm going to do that.Hopefully my skills from 8th grade woodshop are still intact.