PDA

View Full Version : So confuse what router,rotozip,etc....

mynoma
11-19-2005, 07:27 PM
I read lots of reviews on the rotozip,router. I have been looking at a rotozip rz20 or a porter cable router. But, which one would be best for making perfect circles. I need a ****** tool that can make good circles and squares for l7s. It is also going to be for building fiberglass enclosures.:eyebrow:

Also I do not want the mdf to burn.

PowerNaudio
11-19-2005, 08:23 PM
get a router! i have the rotozip and is not some thing i would use twise for a perfect circle.

Rattlebrain
11-19-2005, 08:27 PM
get a router! i have the rotozip and is not some thing i would use twise for a perfect circle.
I thought the Rotozip was the cats meow....Till I bought one and used it. Its a pain in the butt to use and the "perfect circle" thingy ain't worth the metal its made out of. I'm sure its useful for something, but haven't found out what yet.

just my 2 cents

mynoma
11-19-2005, 09:11 PM
With a router is it easier to make perfect circles and straitlines for an kicker l7?

Rza
11-19-2005, 09:13 PM
porter cable router with a cirgle jig best thing for circles my friend. if you want square cuts you can with a router but a jigsaw will be easier

Rattlebrain
11-19-2005, 09:49 PM
porter cable router with a cirgle jig best thing for circles my friend. if you want square cuts you can with a router but a jigsaw will be easier
X2
and/or use this
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=365-260

Rza
11-20-2005, 12:57 AM
X2
and/or use this
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=365-260
that would be a circle jig ;) though i believe i paid $32 shipped on amazon when i ordered mine.

messed up my finger pretty good today with my router :( wasnt turned on but dropped it and reaction i went to grab it with my hand and the straight bit went right into my finger tip. cut it pretty good and tore off half the nail :(

PowerNaudio
11-20-2005, 08:13 AM
that would be a circle jig ;) though i believe i paid $32 shipped on amazon when i ordered mine.

messed up my finger pretty good today with my router :( wasnt turned on but dropped it and reaction i went to grab it with my hand and the straight bit went right into my finger tip. cut it pretty good and tore off half the nail :(

man that had to hurt.

yeah a circle jig will give you them nice clean perfect circles. if you dont want to spend the 32 dollars on one you can always make your own, out of mdf. they work just as well and cost you pennys. but youll have to build it your self so there have to be some sort of skills involbed. lol.

ramos
11-21-2005, 09:16 AM

That's the link to the combo pack ( two jigs ) ;) :)

ramos
11-21-2005, 09:18 AM
My vote goes to the router, jasper circle jig, and a 1/4" straight cut bit ( size the jasper jigs are calibrated for ). And some scrap mdf to practice with. Hands down, this combo > any rotoslip ( don't like em' ) :)

mynoma
11-21-2005, 11:10 PM
I just bought a craftsman all in one cutter, basically like a roto zip. But I was amazed at the price and the the strenght to cut my 3/4 mdf. I like it. It also has two speeds. What kind of bit is good to cut through the mdf.:veryhapp:

MetalMaxima
11-21-2005, 11:55 PM
My vote goes to the router, jasper circle jig, and a 1/4" straight cut bit ( size the jasper jigs are calibrated for ). And some scrap mdf to practice with. Hands down, this combo > any rotoslip ( don't like em' ) :)

FTW!!!

ramos
11-22-2005, 09:19 AM
I thought the Rotozip was the cats meow....Till I bought one and used it. Its a pain in the butt to use and the "perfect circle" thingy ain't worth the metal its made out of. I'm sure its useful for something, but haven't found out what yet.

just my 2 cents
At least yours was metal, the piece o' crap I have is made out of plastic. :)