PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Suggestions Please

wlmrs
11-19-2005, 03:35 AM
I own a 99' cavalier and will be running an Audiobahn A4801T(700w rms x 2 ch @ 4 ohms) to (2) Audiobahn Aw122t Natural excurion twelves in a custom slot ported box(1 slot).The recommended tuning is 37HZ but I am a huge fan of "spl"and could care less about "SQ" when it comes to these subs.What tuning freq. Does anyone suggest to get "maximum spl" ?Thanks to all replies

puppie_chow
11-19-2005, 03:38 AM
:sick:

wlmrs
11-19-2005, 03:40 AM
:sick:Your no help

puppie_chow
11-19-2005, 03:41 AM
Your no help
Here's some help...

You're

:thumbupw:

wlmrs
11-19-2005, 03:51 AM
Here's some help...

You're

:thumbupw:haha funny.Seriously is there anyone else on this forum besides puppy_dog chow

PowerNaudio
11-19-2005, 08:20 PM
and by spl you mean youre going to be competing and playing tones. or youre just looking for a loud *** system?

Chrisku13
11-19-2005, 08:51 PM
Loud *** system, of course. He wants to be able to be heard from blocks away and annoy the hell out of everyone who's system isn't ridiculously loud. Who cares about how it might affect his hearing in the future, it's gotta be LOUD. Who cares about that SQ ****?

XtrmAudioCncpts
11-19-2005, 09:05 PM
See puppy chow is here to make us all laugh, and if not all just me

Rza
11-19-2005, 09:10 PM
45Hz with as big a port as you can go

knock yourself out

skmfkr
11-19-2005, 09:30 PM
my audiobahn high excursion got pretty loud with 45hz tuning lol, make sure your amp has a SSF if your gonna tune that high

wlmrs
11-20-2005, 01:43 AM
45Hz with as big a port as you can go

knock yourself outhow wide should the port be??

wlmrs
11-20-2005, 01:45 AM
my audiobahn high excursion got pretty loud with 45hz tuning lol, make sure your amp has a SSF if your gonna tune that highmy amp has a ssf that ranges from 20-50hz,if I tune the box to 45hz where should I set the ssf setting??

skadude016
11-20-2005, 01:47 AM
my amp has a ssf that ranges from 20-50hz,if I tune the box to 45hz where should I set the ssf setting??
45hz

wlmrs
11-20-2005, 01:49 AM
45hzthanks

wgaede
11-20-2005, 02:16 AM
:handclap:

Speedyd718
11-20-2005, 03:00 AM
32hz man, that's what i used in my cavy (twice with single 12 and then 15). freqs should peak around 42-45hz in car.

PowerNaudio
11-20-2005, 08:05 AM
and by spl you mean youre going to be competing and playing tones. or youre just looking for a loud *** system?

by that im asking to actualy get more info from the guys thats started the thread. about what exacly is he trying to do with the system.

Loud *** system, of course. He wants to be able to be heard from blocks away and annoy the hell out of everyone who's system isn't ridiculously loud. Who cares about how it might affect his hearing in the future, it's gotta be LOUD. Who cares about that SQ ****?

an enclosure does not have to be tuned to spl to be loud as hell. i personaly like and enclosure that can play loud, but can also hit some 25Hz notes just as loud when they get played,

an spl enclosure to me, is an enclosure tuned to play super loud at a very norrow set of freqs. that is not a musical enclosure at all. some of them are tuned to a milder spl not comp but will still lack some of the low end freqs.

on sql you wont get as loud, but youll get more low end freq out of it.

on SQ you should get all the low end freqs that is posible from that sub and still keep it under control. it will be loud as hell too. but with more music.

SQ does not equal, not loud. it means youll cover more audible frequencies.

wlmrs
11-20-2005, 02:59 PM
i listen to mostly rap music,so what would you suggest I tune the box at?I'm leaning more toward 40-45hz range just because i had a box tuned to 37hz and i was not impressed with the bass,i mean it was loud and all but i expected more out of it.

PowerNaudio
11-20-2005, 07:20 PM
i listen to mostly rap music,so what would you suggest I tune the box at?I'm leaning more toward 40-45hz range just because i had a box tuned to 37hz and i was not impressed with the bass,i mean it was loud and all but i expected more out of it.

if you lithen to rap you must want to be able to hear all the low *** bass. and you must want it loud. the tuning of the box is not the only thing that makes the sub sound the way it should. the size of the enclosure has allot to do with it too.

if you want an enclosure designed right let me know i can do that for you.
it will hit all the low tones. and it will be as loud as it can be.

engineerdude
11-20-2005, 08:56 PM
the real answer is specific to your vehicle.. every vehicle has a unique resonant frequency that can be used... a very simple way to find it is to get some sort of test cd that goes through all of the bass frequencies.. when it sweeps, listen for that note when your system sounds a little different.. your ears may bug out a little and the bass sounds unlike the other bass notes (almost like it just got a little louder)-that's known as cabin gain..now tune to that frequency and crank it.. thats a really basic way to get high spl

skmfkr
11-20-2005, 09:21 PM
thats known as your peak freq, which can be diff in diff boxes...the resonant freq never changes

wlmrs
11-20-2005, 10:27 PM
if you lithen to rap you must want to be able to hear all the low *** bass. and you must want it loud. the tuning of the box is not the only thing that makes the sub sound the way it should. the size of the enclosure has allot to do with it too.

if you want an enclosure designed right let me know i can do that for you.
it will hit all the low tones. and it will be as loud as it can be.As far as dimensions I can only fit 33Wx14.5Hx19D for (2) 12's.The one that's in there now I had to remove all the carpet out of the trunk and force it in(man that ******).So with these new dimensions I should be able to put the carpet back in.My woofer displacement is 0.15,xmax is 11mm.