PDA

View Full Version : usaci rules

slim j
11-18-2005, 04:23 PM
My friend and I have an argument concerning the interpretation of usaci rules. He says that it matters what the subs are wired to (ie 1 ohm) but I say according to the rulebook, it only matters what your amp does at 4 ohms. Here are the rules

“A car audio system’s total wattage shall be determined by the highest manufacturer rated output divided by the proper number to ascertain the 4 ohm power output, or the manufacturer’s 4 ohm rating, whichever is higher. If any amplifiers rating cannot be determined, that amplifier will be moved to the highest power class in that division until such time as a rating can be determined. USACI reserves the right to independently test any amplifier to determine the true RMS power rating and reclassify that amplifier as needed.”

Who is correct? If I had an amp that did 400 @ 4 ohms and 1500 @ 1 ohm would I be in 301-900 or 901- 1800?

Johnny Drama
11-18-2005, 04:24 PM
My friend and I have an argument concerning the interpretation of usaci rules. He says that it matters what the subs are wired to (ie 1 ohm) but I say according to the rulebook, it only matters what your amp does at 4 ohms. Here are the rules

“A car audio system’s total wattage shall be determined by the highest manufacturer rated output divided by the proper number to ascertain the 4 ohm power output, or the manufacturer’s 4 ohm rating, whichever is higher. If any amplifiers rating cannot be determined, that amplifier will be moved to the highest power class in that division until such time as a rating can be determined. USACI reserves the right to independently test any amplifier to determine the true RMS power rating and reclassify that amplifier as needed.”

Who is correct? If I had an amp that did 400 @ 4 ohms and 1500 @ 1 ohm would I be in 301-900 or 901- 1800?

Rules are based off the 4ohm rateing.

slim j
11-18-2005, 04:44 PM
What is the difference between streetmax and super street?

Johnny Drama
11-18-2005, 04:46 PM
What is the difference between streetmax and super street?

Street max? super street? I think you are talking about dbdrag. Usaci is only
basic stock
super stock
pro stock
modified
pro modified
port wars and super port wars

(Someone fill me in if I missed one)

slim j
11-18-2005, 04:48 PM
you are correct...I am just trying to think about building a system where I could compete in both.

Johnny Drama
11-18-2005, 04:53 PM
you are correct...I am just trying to think about building a system where I could compete in both.

Have you competed before?

Your only problem is that USACi is based off power and DB Drag is based off of cone area.

djman37
11-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Street max? super street? I think you are talking about dbdrag. Usaci is only
basic stock
super stock
pro stock
modified
pro modified
port wars and super port wars

(Someone fill me in if I missed one)

pee pee smack

slim j
11-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Yeah that's what it looks like...I will either be in street max 1-2 and 301-900. Both look like tough classes. I will need to hit 160 or so to be "world" competitive.

slim j
11-18-2005, 04:55 PM
never competed before but it looks like something I might want to get into.