PDA

View Full Version : parents wont let me have a sub

ChrisC
11-18-2005, 10:41 AM
So i have a problem, im gonna cry if i dont get that **** bass sound, but im not "allowed to get subs" because my parents are ******s. All i can do is just get speakers and amps. I already have an Alpine CDE-9843 headunit. Can you guys give me some recommendations on some speakers that will get me the "closest to a subwoofer" sound?? I drive an Acura Integra hatchback. i have 2 speakers up front and 2 in the backseat

GSteg
11-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Does your integra fit 6x9" in the back of 6.5"?

There are a few 6.5" and 6x9" subwoofers out there that may work well in IB. That as close as you can get to a subwoofer.

Blados
11-18-2005, 10:44 AM
So i have a problem, im gonna cry if i dont get that **** bass sound, but im not "allowed to get subs" because my parents are ******s. All i can do is just get speakers and amps. I already have an Alpine CDE-9843 headunit. Can you guys give me some recommendations on some speakers that will get me the "closest to a subwoofer" sound?? I drive an Acura Integra hatchback. i have 2 speakers up front and 2 in the backseat
You're 16 :laugh:

pwnt by pat
11-18-2005, 10:45 AM
They are rare but look for Coustic Basspump enclosures. Squeak had some but they are vanished

Chevyaudio
11-18-2005, 10:46 AM
well, kinda hard to reproduce subs...You might try these, they work on the theory that sub bass is felt more than heard. http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=299-027 Other than that a nother good possibility is to make a really good midbass setup and that might work also.

ChrisC
11-18-2005, 10:47 AM
actually im 17 but my parents are still really gay, they arent even paying for the stuff, i pay with money i earn from working as a cashier at best buy. and im not sure if my car would fit 6x9's right now i have 6.5's in the back, but it looks like it can hold more. but if i put 2 6.5 subs in the back, do you think it would drown out the treble and mid ?? since i only have 2 speakers in the front?

MrSector9
11-18-2005, 10:47 AM
yeah for 6.5" wiht good bass output look into the extremis' or the cheaper Elemental Designs EU-700 . The onyl thing the extremis is more of a mid that will go super low and loud where Anything I read about the EU-700 it is just a midbass woofer.

for a 6x9, parts express has some tangbang subs to fit 6x9 wiht the same surface area as an 8" sub.

oh and get your own car kid :P

DBfan187
11-18-2005, 10:49 AM
related to lemans23?

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-832

02Corvette
11-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Your parents sound SMART, bass is very addictive....just look at all of us:laugh: having fun and spending tons of money on our habbit!

mattmcss
11-18-2005, 10:55 AM
They are rare but look for Coustic Basspump enclosures. Squeak had some but they are vanished

they did vanish, I bought em :)

hooked em up for a little bit just for kicks, and now their sitting in my basement , so they might be for sale if this kid wants em

ChrisC
11-18-2005, 10:56 AM
so do i go with a 6.5 mid bass speaker or a 6.5 sub? Oh and do those 6.5 subs need a box? or can i just install them into my 6.5 slot in my car

DiamondFanatic
11-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Did you ask them if you can get a bass driver? Perhaps if you don't call it a subwoofer they won't be predjudice against it. Oh, and I would just buy one anyway if it was me personally. Especially if you work at best buy.

Dozy_production
11-18-2005, 11:07 AM
your mad that they arent paying for the stuff when you have a job? If you didnt pay for the car then its not your car. But seriously getting bass is expensive. If you work at bestbuy cant you get a discount? mabye type R comps and alpine amp. then do a pioneer deck or somewhat for all half off? i dont know how it works. but seriously man, earn your stuff its a lot more satisfying.

ChrisC
11-18-2005, 11:15 AM
im mad at my parents because they wont let me buy things with my own money. i would understand if htey wont buy a sub if it was their money, but its MY money and i want to spend it the way i want to.

basically im not allowed to have anything in a box in my trunk, so im trying to find a solution to get **** bass without that. dammit im sad. oh and waht is a bass driver?

GSteg
11-18-2005, 11:17 AM
I think the reason why parents are not too fond of subwoofers because they dont want their kids to be cranking up the music at 2AM in the morning annoying neighbors and potentially getting the police on their butts.

With that being said, a pair of 6.5" subwoofers would work well in the integra (since the sub will be in a small cabin). Looks like any other 6.5" mid (a bit beefier though), but it's not like your parents are going to look at the T/S parameters and say "hrm..this thing has an FS of 25hz. Nope! Not allowable!"

MastaFlex
11-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Just install a sub in place of the back speakers. It wont be insane bass but you will get the bass out of them that you need, since they will be in free air. You dont need back speakers ne wayz

ChrisC
11-18-2005, 11:21 AM
they sell jl w0's that are 6.5 but i read that it was also made to be in a box too, i cant seem to find any 6.5 subs that are supposed to be put in the speaker baffles where my 6.5 coaxils are right now

MastaFlex
11-18-2005, 11:22 AM
just find some 6.5 subs or something that fit they will give you a kick of bass that would be needed

ChrisC
11-18-2005, 11:23 AM
the problem is i cant find any that fit, anybody know some that fit?

MrSector9
11-18-2005, 11:28 AM
I just said in an earlier post.

Extremis or elemental designs Eu-700 (these ar eonly $50 each)

Ayrton
11-18-2005, 12:12 PM
You need something like this...

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-103246.html

IshbOO
11-18-2005, 02:05 PM
i gotta teg... put some nice *** 6.5 comps in the doors and some new speakrs in the back, and a nice 200w rms amp to the comps and ur set, sounds like u gotta nice ssyetm, also deadn the doors.

///M5
11-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Or put some nice 8" "mid-bass" drivers in the doors with good low end extension. As long as you choose them wisely and install the correctly they will outplay most 10" subs you can get at best buy in a trunk mount. Plus you would have a great start on a killer SQ setup.

pwnt by pat
11-18-2005, 02:26 PM
they did vanish, I bought em :)

hooked em up for a little bit just for kicks, and now their sitting in my basement , so they might be for sale if this kid wants em

You ****er, I was about a week away from buying them.

how did they sound? Did you use 6.5's, 8s or 10s?

slain93gsr
11-18-2005, 02:34 PM
if you have a teg put in alot of effort to sound deadening... the sheetmetal on the teg is near paper thin.. after deadening my doors and mounting my mids on a 3/4mdf spacer i noticed a night and day difference the car is also a alot quieter

ramos
11-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Did the rents' offer an explanation as too why no sub ? :)

dbhittin
11-18-2005, 02:49 PM
dude. just f u c k in go adhd and ish.. solves all problems

slain93gsr
11-18-2005, 02:54 PM
build a fiberglass enclosure into the trunk.. keep it nice and discrete

PartyInThRanger
11-18-2005, 02:58 PM
I had this same problem with my parents so I got a bazooka tube (yes i know they **** but they do the job). It was easy to hide in the trunk just trew a blanket over it. Then I put a "cop" switch under the dash, just in case they took my truck for a suprise drive.:naughty:

ramos
11-18-2005, 03:02 PM
I had this same problem with my parents so I got a bazooka tube (yes i know they **** but they do the job). It was easy to hide in the trunk just trew a blanket over it. Then I put a "cop" switch under the dash, just in case they took my truck for a suprise drive.:naughty:

bazooka's don't ****. They have their purposes and applications. And they fit them quite well I might add :)

slain93gsr
11-18-2005, 03:05 PM
my old crx had a 8 bazooka tube remember playing sir mix alots "posse on broadway" it had a good bump. given the crx's interior was the size of a refridgerator box lol

NhustlaR
11-18-2005, 03:13 PM
make a circle box and throw a 10 where the spare is supposed to go ;)

HeatSeeker
11-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Tell them it's just a really big speaker, not a subwoofer.

ChrisC
11-18-2005, 07:01 PM
****, for those subwoofers that go in the panels, do you think i would need to buy 1 or 2. it would be kind of weird if i only had 1 wouldnt it? since the passenger side would be a normal speaker than the driver side is a sub

GSteg
11-18-2005, 07:15 PM
yes. Use the rear location for subwoofers. Thats the only way you'll get decent sound. You dont want one side of the rear to be playing music, if you even want rears at all.

Chevyaudio
11-18-2005, 07:22 PM
As long as:

1) You're using your money to buy it; and
2) You use it responsibly (don't create a nuisance with it)

your parents shouldn't have any right to prevent you from having one ...

what if they own the car, and they dont want him tearing the car apart to run wires, and other things. :naughty:

Chevyaudio
11-18-2005, 07:42 PM
missed that.

req
11-18-2005, 07:45 PM
there is a folding *hatch cover* thing that is attached with string type things to the hatch? id cut some 12" holes in that sucker and put some IDQ12's in there ;)

or put EU-700's or the tagbands in the rear speaker locations, or put somthing in the sparetire well.

get some nice comps up front and your set.

and whoever said the EU-700's are for "midbass" you are an idiot, its been stated MANY TiMES they are 6.5" SUBWOOFERS!

all simple and easy solutions - maybe the wheelwell box is a bit hard, but nothing you shouldnt be able to do.

MrSector9
11-18-2005, 07:55 PM
I am the idiot :) Oh and stated on the ED website

Avaliable in Dual 2 and Dual 4 ohm coils the Eu-700 subwoofer / midbass driver works in extremely small enclosures and excells in IB applications.

I guess we are both right?

Ignatowski
11-18-2005, 08:03 PM
haha,pwned by momma and poppa

really,if you add your own subs what are they going to say?
of course,with your money

Cris
11-18-2005, 08:23 PM
deaded the hell out of your front doors, and get very good front speakers, and power them well. This will yield a very good front stage. Take some bass-only 6.5 drivers and run them with very good power in the rear (no treble frequencies) and you'll have "**** bass".

Raisedin305
11-18-2005, 08:25 PM
OMG wow your not a little kid man...if its YOUR CAR and YOUR MONEY but whatever you want.

406er
11-18-2005, 09:11 PM
do what every is tellin you to do. get a nice set of front speakers and deaden the hell outta your doors. make sure every nook and crany and every hole is coverd. this will yeild some very tight mid bass. if you can get JL through your work get them. they say the need a box but this is car audio ANYTHING GOES. just set the gains right and you should be fine. so lets recap, u got a nice set of speakers up front and 2 6.5 subs in the rear speaker locations. get a nice 4ch amp to power everything. there done. i clean simple stealth set up.

pcnbaseball44
11-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Get a Bass Tube or something and tell them that its a big speaker lol. That will give ya some atleast.

Edit: Sonofabiaatch, just read the whole thread and this has already been stated..haha o well. Good luck buddy!

UPCguy
11-19-2005, 09:41 PM
I have seen boxes for speakers online I think. Like I think you can get them for 6x9's anyway. I don't know how his speakers mount, maybe that would be an option too?

Fosgate Forever
11-20-2005, 01:43 AM
I have seen boxes for speakers online I think. Like I think you can get them for 6x9's anyway. I don't know how his speakers mount, maybe that would be an option too? they are made, by q logic, and if you work at best buy they stock them there 45 bucks and yeah there for 6x9's

wErd
11-20-2005, 02:43 PM
how much does best buy pay you??

ChrisC
11-20-2005, 03:25 PM
i get 8 an hour as a cashier

Justinw303
11-20-2005, 07:21 PM
i get 8 an hour as a cashier

I work three times harder than you and make $5.50.

Makes me sad...

But no, anything you can put in your car to produce bass (the various 6.5" subs, etc.) will not overpower your highs too much. BTW, what size are your front speakers, and I assume their stock, right? Definitely replace those.

Ignatowski
11-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Mommy,I want my mommy

HondaPh00l
11-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Acura integras are setup for 6.5 comps in the front and 6.5 coaxs in the rear. If you havent checked it out, www.teamintegra.net is a great resource, its a great community and there are tons of articles about doing integra specific audio stuff. Personally, lol, this is great because im 17 too and drive a integra too, 97 gsr, but anyways, why dont you just go ahead and do what you want with your car. Are they going to inspect it or something, just do it and **** everything else. Plus you work at Best Buy, why wouldnt you take advantage of the discounted pricing? Idk, if I were you I would just go for it, and deal with the troubles when I get they come around. Afterall just turn your stereo off when you pull up to your house, they wont know, unless they look in your car.

Alex

75MonteCarlo
11-24-2005, 06:22 AM
actually im 17 but my parents are still really gay, they arent even paying for the stuff, i pay with money i earn from working as a cashier at best buy. and im not sure if my car would fit 6x9's right now i have 6.5's in the back, but it looks like it can hold more. but if i put 2 6.5 subs in the back, do you think it would drown out the treble and mid ?? since i only have 2 speakers in the front?

LMFAO.. "Would you like to go with a 3-year performance service garuntee on that?"

--I work at BestBuy too.. store 955, I head up computer sales.

DemonaL
11-24-2005, 10:03 AM
lol i was 16 when i got my first system... my dad, which works with cars, owns his own stuff and crap, owns 6 stations, a couple exotic car lots.... which i have a tax card on car ****... my mom didnt have a problem lettin me have one... shes like hes a teenager let him do it, all your friends sons have done it so let him... my dad came wit me to buy everythin, had him install everythin.. didnt pay any tax on anything... he would not stop *****in at me sayin your soooo stupid for doin all this dumb ****... everyday he would be like i can't believe you did all that stupid ****... but oh wells, i enjoyed it...

3.5Max6spd
11-24-2005, 12:30 PM
yeah for this situation something like an infinity basslink could serve well to add at least some lows....

HeatSeeker
11-24-2005, 12:33 PM
I second the EU700's in the rear deck, just be like "oh I dont know where that bass is coming from" :D

noob with an RS
11-24-2005, 06:13 PM
my dad told me he forbid me to get subs because my bro had three w6s in his car awhile bacc and he got in a car accident. i went and got one 12" idMAX in a ported box anyway. it wangs. my dad doesnt say ****. i have an integra too. just get an idMAX and run it ported, and tell your parents "come on its just one tiny 12 inch speaker";)

engineerdude
11-24-2005, 09:25 PM
dude--get the 6.5s.. go and listen to some and see which ones sound good to you.. don't worry about the treble.. also.. look at the aura bass shakers--that might make it feel like you have a sub.. at least until you get out of their house... or just buy the **** sub and turn it down around them.. or make up some bullshit about how low frequencies won't hurt your hearing (there is a shred of truth in it)..good luck- that *****

jimmclrk1
11-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Oh man. I remember back in the day when my parents were hardcore anti-sub. I eventually talked them into a single loaded Pioneer enclosure and a 200w MTX Road Thunder amp. After that, I just started buying more and more stuff, and would just install it while no one was home. My dad would notice it and ***** for like 5 minutes, but then was just proud I was doing it without any help. Now I do what I want with my truck. All my own time, and all my own money.

skmfkr
11-24-2005, 09:35 PM
my dad told me he forbid me to get subs because my bro had three w6s in his car awhile bacc and he got in a car accident. i went and got one 12" idMAX in a ported box anyway. it wangs. my dad doesnt say ****. i have an integra too. just get an idMAX and run it ported, and tell your parents "come on its just one tiny 12 inch speaker";)

or get an audioque HD10 and be likes its just a 10...

406er
11-24-2005, 11:18 PM
u know whats funny, when i was 17 i was building up a nice street and stip camaro, and my dad just kept sayin its a money pit, but he now prefectly accepths my car audio habbit.

Fosgate Forever
11-24-2005, 11:21 PM
so what are your parents gonna do if you go buy a sub and box and tell them you cant return it

packerfan
11-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Whole bunch of rebels up here in here, goin against their parents rules...you guys are soooooo ******.

TypeRBass
11-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Whole bunch of rebels up here in here, goin against their parents rules...you guys are soooooo ******.
:laugh: :laugh:
my parents dont care what i do, they just tell me to turn it down a couple of blocks before im home.

thefallen2007
11-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Alright, me and a few buds of mine do dumb stuff all the time so i have you an idea that might work. Buy a 15" sub, call it a "BASS DRIVER", then buidl a fiberglass encloser to cover your back dash, with enough angle to mount that 15" "BASS DRIVER" in and there you go. you could go 12 if it is a smaller rear deck. Either way, it is a "BASS DRIVER". Just turn it down before you get to the house.

LoudCrownVic
11-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Or... Just have no system and drive with headphones.

Fosgate Forever
11-25-2005, 11:49 PM
:laugh: :laugh:
my parents dont care what i do, they just tell me to turn it down a couple of blocks before im home. thats exactly the same thing my dad tells me

Fosgate Forever
11-25-2005, 11:50 PM
Or... Just have no system and drive with headphones.ya thats a great idea :rolleyes:

ddumb8
11-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Check out the Infinity Basslink, it is small and does'nt look like a subwoofer. It comes with a built in amp and it has decent bass. I installed one in the trunk of my wifes car and was surprised at the bass it had, no bigger than it is. Don't call it a subwoofer, it looks like a speaker, and you might get by with it. Also, if it does not have enough bass you can add another one to it later on. If it has to much bass you can adjust it down with the remote switch that comes with it.

pd298
11-26-2005, 02:05 PM
If its your own money, and your own car, just go buy the ****! Your a big boy. If they see it tell them your not taking it back.

seth350
11-26-2005, 02:11 PM
I got it.....I got it.......this is what you do.

Get subs anyways..............................put them in a stealth box..........................and bump while away from the house......and when you roll up turn it down......

pd298
11-26-2005, 02:19 PM
You could even get an amp like mine, that has a remote gain knob. Then whenever your out of your car you can turn the knob down all the way and the subs wont even be active.

toaster
11-26-2005, 02:24 PM
its easier to get forgiveness than it is permission....

rocky 59
11-26-2005, 02:35 PM

lol thats tight and true

406er
11-26-2005, 03:06 PM

that is almost poetic

bdawson72
11-26-2005, 05:37 PM
I wish i wouldve thought of that one