PDA

View Full Version : 32" Sharp Aquos or DLP

xpl0it
11-14-2005, 05:19 PM
I've got a lot of cash now that I've gotten some stuff sold. I want an HD-TV for my xbox 360. I was thinking about going with a 32" Sharp Aquos LCD, or getting a Toshiba or InFocus DCP HDTV Projector. I know the DLP projector would obviously yield bigger pictures, but I heard the quality on them is still pretty amazing. Would you go projector or LCD?

PV Audio
11-14-2005, 05:24 PM
i didn't read any of that, b ut dlp

stlpedder03
11-14-2005, 05:29 PM
I sell tvs at sears for a my job, and the sharp lcd is one of the best looking pictures i have seen. Plus u can easily mount in on a wall. The lcd will have exactly no burn in at all. Dlp is the same way, and dlp has a higher pixel count. Dlp will also give u the blackest black. It has the best contrast in tvs out. This is caused from the chip, it has as many mirrors as pixels and a color wheel spins at 3000 rpms and every time something is supose to be a certain color, that mirror is turned on exactly at that time. The reason it gets pure black is when black is needed, the mirror turns and no light shines through.

Lcds do not get this dark, they just get dark dar kdark grey.

my choice for video games would be the dlp....newest technology and will last longer then lcds if maintained

but thats just my $.02

chefboyrlee
11-14-2005, 07:09 PM
i vote for dlp. i'm not a fan of lcds. get a plasma.

swc204
11-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Plasma ***** ...

BTW, he's talking about a DLP PROJECTOR, which I wouldn't recommend unless you plan on keeping light out of the room while watching/playing ...

I actually do like the Sharp Aquos ... quite good picture quality, although I have noticed that, like all LCDs, it's still kind of blurry with motion ...

Plasma TV's are amazing with the right HDTV hardware and all the right eqiupment....with the a decent DVD player it will own all others....i have a 50" pioneer elite plasma TV now thats amazing and easily my favourite plasma when i was shopping for them and i still havent seen a better one yet.

xpl0it
11-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Ok well i'm not getting a plasma. The sharp aquos has a 12-14ms response time, so will I get blurr when playing games? The DLP PROJECTOR i'd be getting has a high brightness, so still, in somewhat lit rooms, it should be ok. How is the picture on a DLP projector, i've never seen one actually. I just want something where I can enjoy amazing picture quality on HD broadcasts, and enjoy hidef gaming with no blurr.

req
11-15-2005, 07:32 PM
how bout this?

BrightSide DP37-P
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2005/10/04/brightside_hdr_edr/1.html

lol. you dont have enough money for that one - :laugh:, estimate on price is just under 40x more expensive :D

xpl0it
11-15-2005, 08:04 PM
I take that back, the response time is under 11-12ms. so in stressfull situations it's most likely around 13. Would this be fine for xbox 360? I just don't want a blurry mess, my 17" pc LCD is 25ms, and I get some blurr in games, but it's not terrible. Will there be a noticeable difference between 11 and 25ms?

xpl0it
11-15-2005, 09:53 PM
What's your opinion on a nice DLP projector?

HeatSeeker
11-20-2005, 08:07 PM
I'm waiting for SED tv's to come out. yummmmm..........