PDA

View Full Version : ht noob needs tower advice.

~Magick_Man~
11-14-2005, 02:08 AM
i have been eyeing the noah8 project on pe for a while now link (http://www.partsexpress.com/projectshowcase/noah8/index.html)
i want to build them around christmas time but i was thinking about incorporating some subs into the towers so i can get rid of my crappy sony sub.
i have thought of several options
1) 1 8" dayton dvc sub in front of tower sealed
2) 1 10" passive radiator in front and 1 8" dayton dvc sub on the side
3) 1 12" dayton dvc sub in the side

and to power the subs i can either get a pe 70 watt sub amp per tower or scavenge the sony amp and run both towers off it (which i like because i might be able to step up to the quattro 10" subs for the towers but then they would be severely under powered (150w sony) amp

i am kind of leaning towards the single 8 in each tower for space so i dont have to enlarge the towers too much.

also i am not sure if my reciever (onkyo tx-sr502) will let me send all the lows through the speakers so should i just use the sub out and split it to whatever amp i end up using.?

sorry for so many question but i want to get everything right before i do anything.

thanks
~Magick_Man~

PV Audio
11-14-2005, 10:27 AM
how about you build the noahs and build a sub, i dont like putting subs in cabinets unless you don't have a sub.

~Magick_Man~
11-15-2005, 04:33 PM
well it seems that i will be gettin a d4 13kv.2 which i could turn into a ht sub.
i kind of like the idea of having a set of towers and not having the big azz sub taking up all my floor space.

~Magick_Man~

PV Audio
11-15-2005, 05:15 PM
well i'm not well versed in eD, so i can't tell what driver that is by the name, but you'd be better off by having the woofer standalone. reason being, every room is different, essentially special. you need to match the bass out put to the room, NOT to the mains :)

~Magick_Man~
11-16-2005, 12:57 PM
http://www.edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=1&pid=19&cur=USD
i guess i see your point, if i end up using this one i will probably scavenge the sony amp for now atleast.
i wonder how big a ported box would need to be for that thing in ht use.
maybe i could make it a small footprint and taller that normal to save some floor space.

~Magick_Man~