PDA

View Full Version : Comp mounting ideas ?

Boris
11-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Hi all.
I have a set of CDT CL-62's that I will be installing in my '97 Cadilac Catera.
The car has the mids down low in the doors and the tweeters in the sail panels(the mirror filler panels). Since the space behind the kick panels is full of electronics (computers and modules) I won't even think about using that space, so the stock locations are all that's left.

My questions are,
how should I aim the speakers to get the most out of them ?
I know they should be aimed at the dome light but will aiming the tweeters forward (at the windshield) improve imaging ?
Where is a good place to mount the x-over ? I would like to keep it out of the door as we do get some heavy rains in the summer and I'm concerned about moisture.

If I'm asking questions that you guys have answered a million times already than I apologise but I have been using the search feature and have been reading as much as I can.
Now I'm ready to install the speakers and I would rather ask than suffer with crappy sound.

Thank you guys.:thumbupw:

flakko
11-09-2005, 11:44 PM
well like aim them to whatever sounds best to you. imaging and soundstaging varies from car to car.

Boris
11-10-2005, 06:31 PM
well like aim them to whatever sounds best to you. imaging and soundstaging varies from car to car.

But, is the sail panel location a good place to start ?
I hear a lot of people mount them on the dash or the A-pillar(which is almost the same as the sail panel), I guess its all in trial and error.

OK, what about the mids ?
Should I put a little bit of an angle to the MDF ring to get them to fire higher or is that a waste of time ?
I mean my ankles might enjoy the base:D