PDA

View Full Version : door with no speakers

Flipx99
11-09-2005, 11:36 AM
I am thinking of moving my 5 1/4s from rear deck to the front. My options are either a) making some fiberglass kick panels, or b) cutting a hole in the door.

the problem with a is that there isn't much room between the pedal and where the kick panel would go and it would seem that I would kick the **** out of them all the time.

option b is to cut a hole in the front door. I read the "proper sound deadening and you" sticky and was thinking of having the 5.25 in the door. Although this isn't best for imaging, it is better than the rear deck.

So would I cut an MDF ring and attatch it to the door and then attatch the speaker to the ring. (adding clay to both sides of the ring)

Although the ring would stick out, I could just carpet the ring. It is a very similar color to the interior of the car. Has anyone else done this? How did it go?

Flipx99
11-09-2005, 12:05 PM
ne1?

Chevyaudio
11-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Yeah the door would be better than the dash or rear deck. Just make sure when you cut that you are absolutly sure thats where you want the sepaker to go.

squeak9798
11-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Dude...you posted half an hour a go. Chill.

Yes, you could put the speakers in your front doors. Almost every car I've ever worked on has had openings in the inner door metal in the lower front portion of the door even though there were no speakers there.....which makes it very easy to mod the door panel a little and get them in there.

I've done it twice with adequate results. Once in my old LeSabre, and in my buddies S-10